Lost drone during UPS shipment
1361 11 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127510 ft
United States

I sent my drone DJI Phantom 4 pro V2.0 for repairing the purple banding issue of the camera on January 2 via UPS, and ipackage was supposed to arrive in DJI repair facility in California at the end of January 8th, but it never did.  On January 9, I call UPS to track the shipment, UPS representative told me the package was lost, and he asked me to contact DJI to further investigate.  Then, I called DJI customer service at 1-818-235-0789-option 2, I got a several responses, one response instructed me to file police report first, and talked to UPS.  Another response said DJI will communicate UPS to investigate the accident, no need to talk to UPS and wait 24-48 hours to get email from DJI.  So far, I don't receive any email from DJI.  Does any one have similar experience with package lost and how to resolve the issue finally?
2019-1-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would file a claim with UPS for the full price you paid.  Did you insure it?
2019-1-10
Use props
djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-10 14:34
I would file a claim with UPS for the full price you paid.  Did you insure it?

Unfortunately I didn't.  When I created a repair case with DJI, as you probably know, you will automatically receive an email from UPS to generate a shipping label once the case is created.  But the shipment is cheap ground shipment without any insurance, I never expect the shipment can be lost.  What can Brown do for me?  Lost my package.
2019-1-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Last month I had a large package from west coast to east coast which was several days late with no scan updates.  I was worried but it did finally show up.  Apparently it was in the back of a truck being driven across the continent.  Good luck
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to read your post. I managed to get your case number via the forum information. The claim has been filed and we're checking the exact status with UPS.
As for the phone service, may I have your phone number when you contacted our support? We'd like to investigate the exact status, thank you!
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-11 00:20
Hi there, I'm sorry to read your post. I managed to get your case number via the forum information. The claim has been filed and we're checking the exact status with UPS.
As for the phone service, may I have your phone number when you contacted our support? We'd like to investigate the exact status, thank you!

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your following up the matter.  My phone number is 3014241457 and used it to contact DJI customer service.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD Posted at 1-11 14:54
Hi Susan,

Thanks for your following up the matter.  My phone number is 3014241457 and used it to contact DJI customer service.

Thank you for providing us your contact number, your unpleasant experience with our customer support team has been escalated to the management department for investigation, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-12 01:16
Thank you for providing us your contact number, your unpleasant experience with our customer support team has been escalated to the management department for investigation, we will learn from this and keep improving our customer service.

I notice the customer staff seem changed recently, and I understand the quality can be different.  So far, I still don't receive any email notification about the investigation about the lost UPS package , do you have any information?
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD Posted at 1-12 07:00
I notice the customer staff seem changed recently, and I understand the quality can be different.  So far, I still don't receive any email notification about the investigation about the lost UPS package , do you have any information?

Hi there, sorry for the delay. The lost package is under the investigation of UPS and the management will keep following up. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 1-14 00:58
Hi there, sorry for the delay. The lost package is under the investigation of UPS and the management will keep following up. Hope we can figure this out soon.

Hi Susan,

The UPS returned the drone back to me.  What should I do now?

2019-1-15
Use props
djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD
lvl.1
United States

I shipped the drone to California one more time via UPS.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_NBnsb7ldHnJD Posted at 1-15 16:28
I shipped the drone to California one more time via UPS.

Thanks for getting back to us. I've checked the case again, the new tracking number has been marked in the case log, we'll keep an eye on this. Hope everything goes smoothly this time.
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules