11909 123 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

The chef cut up the steak and place them on varies part of the Tepan with different temperature so we only get a couple pieces at a time and then we get fresh hot ones as the next portion is ready

2019-3-4
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Finally time for the Kobe A5

2019-3-6
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Finishing up on the beef. Then bean sprout with beef fat ;-)

2019-3-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

To finish everything off we're having Garlic fried rice

2019-3-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For $10 per person. The Garlic fried rice probably offers the most bang for the buck of all the items as it's really really good. .

2019-3-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Last video of the meal. The chef was with us for almost an hour and pace his cooking well so everything gets to us fresh off the grill just as we're ready for it. One of the more expensive meal we had in Japan but well worth it if you have never experienced Kobe beef.

2019-3-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

My 1st video after the firmware update. A friend borrowed my unit for an oversea trip after I returned from Asia and the weather have been so bad since then that I hardly get to film anything (much less try out my graduated filters). There I was waiting for a table after a movie last weekend in the rain so finally took it out for a quick shot.

2019-3-20
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm a bit concern with the continuous focus hunting at the 30 seconds point but I guess you can't ask for a worse condition to film in.
2019-3-21
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I know this is the OP thread but I don't want to start another thread if I don't have to as I have more OP travel footage to upload soon. I picked up a OA at launch as both my OP was on loan (graduation season) and I recently sent it on a trip with my nephew.  Here's the first video shot in Las Vegas at Bellagio evening water fountain show, shot at 4K@30 with HDR on. I think the OP with it's 2.0 would do better  but it seems the F2.8 aperture was not as bad as I fear it would be at low light.

2019-6-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Time-Lapse at the Grand Canyon.

2019-6-6
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 6-5 21:40
I know this is the OP thread but I don't want to start another thread if I don't have to as I have more OP travel footage to upload soon. I picked up a OA at launch as both my OP was on loan (graduation season) and I recently sent it on a trip with my nephew.  Here's the first video shot in Las Vegas at Bellagio evening water fountain show, shot at 4K@30 with HDR on. I think the OP with it's 2.0 would do better  but it seems the F2.8 aperture was not as bad as I fear it would be at low light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG-RjObIhBo

Stunning footage
2019-6-6
Use props
AJC-W
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 6-6 06:47
Time-Lapse at the Grand Canyon.

https://youtu.be/rtWvPlGkkqw

Wonderful time lapse
2019-6-6
Use props
The General
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13609 ft
Cambodia

Wow, just caught up on all this. Great videos, and nice to see some Osmo Action footage as well. It's times like this that I really wish DJI would have included the most basic of things (like an audio jack, tripod mount on the bottom) on the Osmo Pocket so that I'd have a few extra bucks that I could throw at buying the OA, but as it is, I still feel like I'm spending a bit to buy everything I still need for the OP, so not ready to drop even more cash on another DJI camera that will need even more money thrown at it. Decisions, decisions, lol.
2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Finally some more OP clips, My OP went to Paris (unfortunately without me) during March and here's some of the stuff it captured

2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The General Posted at 6-7 02:04
Wow, just caught up on all this. Great videos, and nice to see some Osmo Action footage as well. It's times like this that I really wish DJI would have included the most basic of things (like an audio jack, tripod mount on the bottom) on the Osmo Pocket so that I'd have a few extra bucks that I could throw at buying the OA, but as it is, I still feel like I'm spending a bit to buy everything I still need for the OP, so not ready to drop even more cash on another DJI camera that will need even more money thrown at it. Decisions, decisions, lol.

Thanks. My experience after using both is that I probably still prefer the OP for travel. I like having the options of the different gimbal mode and I still think gimbal beats EIS in most cases except when the camera is going through a wide range of fast motions. While HDR is nice, but without EIS at 4K it's pretty useless except for stationary shots. Although having a water resistant housing is useful at times.  The only reason I got the OA is that both of my OP was on loan and I need another camera and I was not going to buy a 3rd OP. SInce I have already invested in a lot of accessories for the OP. The only accessories I'm getting for the OA is a set of ND filters. Luckily most of the mounting accessories I got for the OP are GoPro compatible so I can use those with the OA.
2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Filmed in Paris on March 21st, 3 weeks before the fire.

2019-6-7
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Another shot of Notre-Dame before the fire

2019-6-9
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Night shot on one of the bridges over the river Seine in Paris. Fair amount of video noise as expected but still better than some DSLR from a few years ago. Turn up the volume and you can hear a street performer playing an accordion in the background. Not bad for the internal microphone.

2019-6-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Street performer playing a harp in Paris

2019-6-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have also posted more OA videos on this thread in the OA forum, I figure that I'll keep this thread here mostly on the OP.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696

There are some pretty nice time-lapse from the Grand Canyon like this:

2019-6-12
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Walking towards Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy, France

2019-6-15
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Once again, My OP became the world traveller that I aspire to be while I'm stuck at work. Here's Footage from Santorini in Greece from June. Sister forgot to use the ND filters that I gave her along with the OP.

2019-8-26
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Santorini Hotel Atlantis and cruise ships in the bay

2019-8-27
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's not a vacation without indulging in some gelati

2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Wiz. I've only just seen these and I'm working my way through them. Interesting as uploaded as complete takes I think with no editing. I assume some experimenting went on with some of the  settings between indivdual takes. The one that interests me here is the sound on the museum clip. Assuming you used the internal mics during the whole trip two things I notice that I have only experienced one of. Namely low frequency hum when passing some elecrical power lines or lights which I have noticed myself. One I hadn't noticed was strange phase modulation in conjuction with close by vertical reflective surfaces.  Can you remember whether you had the noise reduction switched on in that clip or not? I suspect it was. Interesting clips though and thank you for sharing. I'll look at some more now. It was a good idea to place them all in the same topic. Thanks.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-13 10:11
Visited Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion) at Kyoto in the morning, perfect weather.

https://youtu.be/V-e4y_Un-sA

Hi Wiz.
I like this one very much. It is really hard to breathe quietly enough when using the internal mics in quiet surroundings without it being picked up. My sympathies as it is a good effort but almost impossible to pull off.
The colour in this clip is wonderful.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-15 08:18
Walking around Nijo Castle at Kyoto Japan.

https://youtu.be/mXNKjjIrsRw

Beautiful footage. You can see your own progress as you go along. Beter panning speeds and forward motion. Trying to keep fingers clear of both inboard microphones at the same time though is hard.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-21 08:07
An example where the fast boot time of the OP helps to catch a moment. Came upon a couple playing with the Dance Evolution Arcade, they seems pretty good but they are finishing up on a set so did not start filming, then when it seems they're having another go, I manage to get the OP out and start filming almost at the beginning of the routine.

https://youtu.be/h3kEYMnsS24

Now I know us Brits are emotionally repressed
I've never seen a machine like this in a local arcade, let alone one in use. What fun and a good workout at the same time. Thanks for sharing.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 1-25 10:03
Past the 1st gate and continue on Nakamise to the 2nd gate then main hall. Even with the focus bumping once in a while, still impressed by how well the OP does in low light.

https://youtu.be/eEOcpQWAhxM

Really nice nighttime footage. Strong lighting, strong contrast and hence little focus or pumping issues.
2019-8-28
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 8-28 09:50
Really nice nighttime footage. Strong lighting, strong contrast and hence little focus or pumping issues.

Thanks for taking the time to watch my vids. I started this thread as while there's a lot of  OP vids online. A lot of them have been post processed and it would be hard for a potential buyer to see what they can expect from the OP right out of the box without fancy accessories at mostly default settings (all the Asia footage) except ND filters were used on some of the footage in Japan.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 2-11 09:17
More interior of the Opium War Museum.

https://youtu.be/NCxCZhMjFFA

I found these two videos of particular interest so as to see the other sides view of events. As you say parts of this history are not widely taught in the UK but it can be researched easily. Taken in today's context it looks uncaring of consequence as indeed it was but sometimes maybe people forget that the use of opium and other drugs were not illegal in Britain at the time either and we had our own problems with the same compounds although we had a much larger problem with the consumption of gin. Even as a child my family readily bought over the counter medicines that contained opium as an active ingredient up until the mid-60s.
Lord Geoffrey Amhurst was the person responsible for building one or possibly two the very large forts surrounding my home town and protecting the royal dockyard at Chatham. A particularly vile individual by today's standards and caused many a problem for many locals abroad including America and Canada but was used and indeed promoted by our government on the merits of his performance as our leaders saw it at the time.
I think most countries that have empire built in the past did so on the back of horrendous practices that I feel can not be forgiven nor should be. I only hope that future relations between nations realise that most have their own past demeanors that they may not be proud of and have to if not forgive, put aside for the sake of avoiding future possible troubles.
At this point in time, the world should be trying to get along with its member states for the benefit of all and not to take advantage of each other for short term profit. Thank you for posting this reminder.
2019-8-28
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Wiz33 Posted at 8-28 12:50
Thanks for taking the time to watch my vids. I started this thread as while there's a lot of  OP vids online. A lot of them have been post processed and it would be hard for a potential buyer to see what they can expect from the OP right out of the box without fancy accessories at mostly default settings (all the Asia footage) except ND filters were used on some of the footage in Japan.

Phew!
That took a bit of time.
Really interesting overall, especially compared to my own (in some cases) experiences.
I loved the historical stuff in general.
I think with the amount of footage you have you should try editing the takes to make coherent videos of your visits. It means a lot of footage is left out but the resulting video will be concise and of a faster pace.
I think they would look stunning.

A couple of observations from my own footage problems.
ND filters seem to slow down and exacerbate focusing problems including the pulsing problem.
The OP is prone to picking up mains hum on it's audio from unshielded electrical sources.  
It is hard on occasion not to accidentally cover up one of the two inboard microphones with a finger or thumb.
Panning by hand nearly always results in a focus lock loss or juddering of footage due to a mismatch of shutter speed vs pan speed but seldom is a problem when using the pockets own tracking capabilities.
I find using the small screen very difficult for accurate framing when filming.
It is very difficult to go completely full manual when light levels vary and some automation gives better results in general.
To get a better digital zoom I've found recording a project at 1080p and then using 4K footage to use as zoomed-in footage by expanding the frame in editing to be of benefit. While the result is not as detailed as a 4K video it does give a coherent video quality for closeup takes when needed.

I have enjoyed these videos on several levels including comparing results and seeing similar problems that give possible clues as to how to avoid some of them in the future.
Also, your written commentary is very easy to understand and command of English excellent. I feel ashamed in retro respect at my own inability at the use of a second language.
Thank you so much for your time and effort.
2019-8-28
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

People gathering to watch the sunset

2019-8-30
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>

2019-9-5
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
Japan

Another year and another trip to Asia. Will start posting some video from this trip once I get home in a few days. In the meantime. I managed to get a hold of a Mavic Mini Fly More kit before my trip and I actually got a few of those clips online. Take a look if you're interested in Drone footage here and here:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=206238

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 1&extra=#pid2057339
2020-1-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
Japan

Here's the first video from the OP on this trip.

2020-1-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Happened to be in one of Tokyo's hotel hosting the coming of Age banquet for young people reaching 20. You'll arguably never see more beautiful Kimono in one place anywhere in Japan.

2020-1-14
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Out of sequence, this one should be in front of the last video. I saw the girls in Kimono at I approach the hotel and started filming:

2020-1-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Another video at the 1:1 Gundam Unicorn at Odiba. The shows are every 30 minutes starting at 7:00PM. Each is different with the 8:00PM and 9:30PM show being the longer ones ~4 minutes and rest about 2 minutes

2020-1-16
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The first Bullet Train in Japan, 0 Series at the Kyoto Railroad Museum

2020-1-20
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced