OP Controller Wheel
1760 15 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrins
lvl.4
United States

Along with the wireless module I also received the Controller Wheel today. It fits in snugly to the connector area and really feels like it is part of the OP, and not an add on piece. The scroll wheel feels like it is a spring, it doesn’t just spin, it moves up and down. Sorry, I know my explanation isn’t so great. Panning or tilting feels really smooth. If you push up or down gently, it moves measured and slowly. Apply a little more pressure and it moves faster. The buttons and the scroll wheel all feel premium. My only gripe is that the OP doesn’t fit in the protective case with the Controller Wheel connected. I want to leave the Controller Wheel connected all the time. With it on I was able to use the wireless module, mount the OP on my Mac and charge. I need to find a protective case that will accommodate the OP together with the Controller Wheel attached.  
2019-1-10
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I originally thought that the  controller would be a must have item and was going to get the complete accessory package but the fact that it could not fit into the case makes it a pain. I also found that for travel video (been travelling for the last month), It's easier just to set the unit to FPV mode so you just tilt the unit the way you want instead of using the touchscreen or wheel.  So now the only accessory I plan to buy is the Wireless module as if you set the unit down for a long recording session. It's much easier to monitor your shooting angle and such on the phone screen plus you can run off a powerbank instead of internal battery.
2019-1-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Using FPV mode kind of turns off the gimbal so personally I wouldn't use it other than for a special effect, when you want your footage to look like it was shot with a stabilised but non-gimbal camera.
2019-1-11
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

There are cases on ebay where it only encloses the gimbal head. I'm waiting for mine to arrive as I'd like to leave whatever mounting accessory I have on the OP full time and ready to shoot.
2019-1-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 1-11 09:18
There are cases on ebay where it only encloses the gimbal head. I'm waiting for mine to arrive as I'd like to leave whatever mounting accessory I have on the OP full time and ready to shoot.

Do you have a link? I'd like to see it. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but been looking at cases and must have accessories for it.
2019-1-11
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

PGYTECH Osmo Pocket Gimbal Protector
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day darrins. Thank you for sharing your experience and this information with us today. As of the moment we do not a protective case with the controller wheel connected on the DJI Osmo Pocket. For the latest news and updates on the DJI Osmo Pocket and it's accessories. Please visit our official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-11
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-11 02:29
Using FPV mode kind of turns off the gimbal so personally I wouldn't use it other than for a special effect, when you want your footage to look like it was shot with a stabilised but non-gimbal camera.

I shot all my vids in FPV mode during my trip. See them in my channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClK1ghB9KNLTW-KLifwarLQ?view_as=subscriber
2019-1-11
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

FatherXmas Posted at 1-11 09:52
Do you have a link? I'd like to see it. Mine hasn't arrived yet, but been looking at cases and must have accessories for it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-DJI ... c54c0837:rk:16:pf:0
2019-1-11
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

tripleburst Posted at 1-11 15:42
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-DJI-OSMO-Pocket-Gimbal-Camera-Lens-Hood-Case-Guard-Cover-Protective-Cap-HAU/123569178679?hash=item1cc54c0837:rk:16:pf:0

Thanks! One is headed my way.
2019-1-11
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

txtechnonerd Posted at 1-11 10:03
PGYTECH Osmo Pocket Gimbal Protector

Errmmm... That's Amazon not eBay and it doesn't ship outside the USA.  The Ebay one on a separate post doesn't ship to the UK either (can't blame them as postage would be about ten times what they're charging for the case)

Really finding the whole case thing a nightmare. The whole point of the Osmo is it fits in your pocket. How hard would it have been to supply a case that supports the most important accessories (ie all those in the wireless module pack)?

Not expecting one from DJI since they can't even supply something as basic as ND filters on a timely basis (how hard would it be?)

If anyone finds such a case from a third party that ships internationally can they please post a link? Thanks.
2019-1-13
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I ordered from PGYTECH gimbal protector https://www.pgy-tech.com/18c-gimbal-protector and carrying case  https://www.pgy-tech.com/carrying-case. Still waiting for delivery so not 100% sure how they will work but I think the gimbal protector will allow me to carry OP with controller wheel and wireless adapter in my pocket. For storage the case will do great job and it will allow me to keep all OP pieces together in one place.
2019-1-13
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AngularIan Posted at 1-13 04:17
Errmmm... That's Amazon not eBay and it doesn't ship outside the USA.  The Ebay one on a separate post doesn't ship to the UK either (can't blame them as postage would be about ten times what they're charging for the case)

Really finding the whole case thing a nightmare. The whole point of the Osmo is it fits in your pocket. How hard would it have been to supply a case that supports the most important accessories (ie all those in the wireless module pack)?

Errmmm... That's right, it is Amazon. Take your fancy keyboard, chop off the .com and tack on the .co.uk at the end...find your way to the search bar with your mouse, type in "PGYTECH Osmo Pocket Gimbal Protector" and click Enter, and voilla! What do you know, at least 6-7 sellers with one of them offering the thing for a little over 5 pounds with free shipping to the UK.
2019-1-13
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

txtechnonerd Posted at 1-13 08:14
Errmmm... That's right, it is Amazon. Take your fancy keyboard, chop off the .com and tack on the .co.uk at the end...find your way to the search bar with your mouse, type in "PGYTECH Osmo Pocket Gimbal Protector" and click Enter, and voilla! What do you know, at least 6-7 sellers with one of them offering the thing for a little over 5 pounds with free shipping to the UK.

Haha. The thing is someone said on ebay and you jumped straight in with an amazon link so I was pointing it out. Separately I did look for a different item that was on Amazon Germany (solid holder for the Osmo) but although the company is on Amazon UK all they're selling is filters and a big ugly adapter for a phone as well as the Osmo and I wanted an adpater just for the Osmo so based on that experience I didn't bother looking on Amazon UK.

As for your Pgytech link on Amazon UK - not one of them is Amazon or the original company and there are numerous reports of needing to order direct from Pgytech as none of these resellers are shipping where Pgytech shipped immediately - those reports are on a different post lower down in this forum.

But thanks for the snarky sarcastic reply. At least it wasn't jumping in on someone else's post and providing a link with no explanatory information that was entirely different to the one the original poster had asked for.
2019-1-13
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

AngularIan Posted at 1-13 13:38
Haha. The thing is someone said on ebay and you jumped straight in with an amazon link so I was pointing it out. Separately I did look for a different item that was on Amazon Germany (solid holder for the Osmo) but although the company is on Amazon UK all they're selling is filters and a big ugly adapter for a phone as well as the Osmo and I wanted an adpater just for the Osmo so based on that experience I didn't bother looking on Amazon UK.

As for your Pgytech link on Amazon UK - not one of them is Amazon or the original company and there are numerous reports of needing to order direct from Pgytech as none of these resellers are shipping where Pgytech shipped immediately - those reports are on a different post lower down in this forum.

One good snark just deserves another, but anyway... It's not like the Ebay link is some magical direct purchase either...they're pretty much both the same risk. I've had good success with both Ebay and Amazon in any sticky situation I've been in, but of course YMMV.

And welcome to the Internet bud. There's always someone around to "jump in"...
2019-1-13
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I like the wheel controller very much. I don't think I will be using the wheel itself much but gimbal mode button is great and functional addition. I would prefer to have second button to center the camera instead of selfie mode but this just me (not much into vbloging). The wheel controller doesn't like cold weather Last Saturday when using it outside (-8 C) both buttons on the controller refused to work but wheel, tilt,/pan switch and OP buttons as well as display worked perfectly fine. It took about 20 minutes after I got home for wheel controller to resume full functionality.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules