Ever been attacked by a swarm of bees?

To subscribe to my channel please click on http://www.youtube.com/user/homecedo
2019-1-11
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

nope, I would have got the AC the hell out of there.
2019-1-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Those props may killed some of them lol
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. I've seen few cases when drones got attacked by wild bees and it is not recommended to fly the drone near them because it may affect the performance of your drone and may lead to accident. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2019-1-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

I hope, no animals were harmed.
2019-1-11
Use props
Gliffy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76181 ft
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-11 09:16

Bees are insects
2019-1-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Gliffy Posted at 1-11 09:42
Bees are insects

Animals are multicellular eukaryotic organisms that form the biological kingdom Animalia. With few exceptions, animals consume organic material, breathe oxygen, are able to move, can reproduce sexually, and grow from a hollow sphere of cells, the blastula, during embryonic development. Over 1.5 million living animal species have been described—of which around 1 million are insects—but it has been estimated there are over 7 million animal species in total.

So sad that you didn't know such a simple thing.
2019-1-11
Use props
Gliffy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76181 ft
United States

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-11 10:01
Animals are multicellular eukaryotic organisms that form the biological kingdom Animalia. With few exceptions, animals consume organic material, breathe oxygen, are able to move, can reproduce sexually, and grow from a hollow sphere of cells, the blastula, during embryonic development. Over 1.5 million living animal species have been described—of which around 1 million are insects—but it has been estimated there are over 7 million animal species in total.

So sad that you didn't know such a simple thing.

Beez r plant
2019-1-11
Use props
Lysak2003
First Officer
Ukraine

Gliffy Posted at 1-11 10:56
Beez r plant

LMAO. Get your homework done
2019-1-11
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

So no future for drones - not only humans, birds, animals, planes and bees ........ no one likes our hobby
2019-1-11
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

WoW!

No way I would have been anywhere near that thing when bringing it back in to land.   True, the collie was around (loved how he was jumping to try and catch the drone) , but I would have landed out of his reach and then taken my own sweet time retrieving it.  Not a bee fan here at ALL. HA!

Great footage though!  This is something you don't see everyday!   Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22936 ft
Australia

AC5FF Posted at 1-11 11:52
WoW!

No way I would have been anywhere near that thing when bringing it back in to land.   True, the collie was around (loved how he was jumping to try and catch the drone) , but I would have landed out of his reach and then taken my own sweet time retrieving it.  Not a bee fan here at ALL. HA!

Thanks for the comments, AC5FF.   I had no choice really with the dog.  The owner had lost all control of it.  All I wanted to do was land the Spark and give a rest for a while so that she could put the dog back on the leash but she just couldn’t get the dog to come back to her and the dog just kept following the Spark.
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Laz22 Posted at 1-11 04:44
nope, I would have got the AC the hell out of there.

Laz22, I was trying to bring the drone back, however, the dog added a new dimension.  The owner couldn’t control it, I wanted to bring the drone back away from the dog but he dog just kept following it.
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

jacksonnai Posted at 1-11 06:31
Those props may killed some of them lol

Unfortunately jacksonnai, I know there was one fatality.  Buddhist me feels really guilty and apologetic.  I’m sorry.  It was certainly unintentional. Downgrade the charge from Murder to Bee-slaughter.
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Lysak2003 Posted at 1-11 09:16

Lysak2003, unfortunately there was one fatality.  I certainly won’t be flying there again.
2019-1-11
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-11
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

That is absolutely amazing.  They were actually after the drone?
2019-1-11
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Yikes. Usually when they're swarming, they are quite docile. If you find yourself in a swarm, be careful not to pinch one and they'll leave you be (I make pun).
2019-1-11
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Amazing that they would attack a drone. Too bad because bees are a threatened specie. It would have been better to go full speed to lose them and then come back and land safely. I am pretty sure the spark can lose them in no time with the speed it can get. I don't know how fast bees can fly though.

It could have been bad if the drone got low battery and landed right under the dog, that poor dog could have been bitten badly.
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 1-11 18:33
Amazing that they would attack a drone. Too bad because bees are a threatened specie. It would have been better to go full speed to lose them and then come back and land safely. I am pretty sure the spark can lose them in no time with the speed it can get. I don't know how fast bees can fly though.

It could have been bad if the drone got low battery and landed right under the dog, that poor dog could have been bitten badly.

Daniella3d, 1st time it’s happened to me.  It was a bit of a precarious situation - the dog was off-lead and wouldn’t listen to it’s owner.  Whatever I did with the bees, I still had the dog to contend with.  Far from ideal, all round.  It was just coincidental that, while all this was happening, I had hit the ‘record’ button, and captured some interesting footage.
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 1-11 18:33

Daniella3d, here’s what I’ve found out:

They are European Bees, not native to Australia, and certainly not a protected species.

“Feral European honey bees may out compete native fauna for floral resources, may disrupt natural pollination processes and may displace endemic wildlife from tree hollows. However, there is insufficient research about interactions between European honey bees and Australian biota to fully describe their impacts.”
2019-1-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Dang si, that’s kinda scary. I wonder what kind of bee they were. They acted very  aggressive   
2019-1-11
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

They kind of reminded me of Africanized bees in the USA. They are so agressive, they attack people and can kill someone. The last thing I would want is to bring Sparky back to me with a swarm of angry bees.
2019-1-11
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-11 22:15
Dang si, that’s kinda scary. I wonder what kind of bee they were. They acted very  aggressive

Sayhellofrme, they were European Bees.  
2019-1-12
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 1-11 22:39
They kind of reminded me of Africanized bees in the USA. They are so agressive, they attack people and can kill someone. The last thing I would want is to bring Sparky back to me with a swarm of angry bees.

Danella3d, I must admit that I’ve never been too concerned with bees.  I didn’t really give it a second thought.  I just wanted to get that dog sorted out.  All good.
2019-1-12
Use props
Sidd Finch
Second Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Kind of looked cool but as you descended so did the bees ouch...

Sidd
2019-1-12
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

"You never can tell with bees."
2019-1-12
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Tentoes Posted at 1-12 08:56
"You never can tell with bees."

“They might or they might not”
2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

they Thought you were there new Queen thats it
2019-1-12
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

SAADHERO Posted at 1-12 12:20
they Thought you were there new Queen thats it

SAADHERO, I work with an Apiarist who identified them as Europeen Bees, from a feral hive.   He said that they were  “from a drone congregation area where they gather to mate with queens.”  So, I agree, they either thought my Spark was a queen or they thought it was a threat.
2019-1-12
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I can't recall my Spark being attacked by bees, but I had a Hubsan 507A that got attacked a couple of times. They seemed to be attracted by the high frequency sound of the rotors. When I landed and turned off the quadcopter, the bees flew away.
2019-1-12
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Warriewoodlad Posted at 1-12 13:26
I can't recall my Spark being attacked by bees, but I had a Hubsan 507A that got attacked a couple of times. They seemed to be attracted by the high frequency sound of the rotors. When I landed and turned off the quadcopter, the bees flew away.

Warriewoodlad, it’s a 1st for me.  I managed to land it safely, even with the dog jumping on my leg, and the bees left.  I waited a while and put it back up and the bees came back.  Thankfully the dog didn’t return.  I was told that it was a feral drone colony looking to mate with a queen bee.  Interesting, hey?
2019-1-12
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Warriewoodlad Posted at 1-12 13:26

Warriewoodlad, it’s a 1st for me.  I managed to land it safely, even with the dog jumping on my leg, and the bees left.  I waited a while and put it back up and the bees came back.  Thankfully the dog didn’t return.  I was told that it was a feral drone colony looking to mate with a queen bee.  Interesting, hey?
2019-1-12
Use props
ChArl!3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Safe flying!
2019-1-12
Use props
Brolo
New
Germany

I had the same issue today with my mavic mini. Took me 2 hours to clean up my little drone. Does someone has any tipps on how to prevent the bees flighing in my props and start a mass suicied?
2020-5-7
Use props
Eralp SAYGIN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 668734 ft
Turkey

Bad way to suicide
2020-5-7
Use props
Si_Co
Second Officer
Australia

Brolo Posted at 5-7 08:20
I had the same issue today with my mavic mini. Took me 2 hours to clean up my little drone. Does someone has any tipps on how to prevent the bees flighing in my props and start a mass suicied?

They’re obviously attracted to the ‘drone’ of the drone.  Not much you can do apart from land and move on.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules