Few important questions regarding my DJI drone
6235 12 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aryan_0123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 853 ft

United States

I have tried to figure these answers out, but as usual, DJI customer service is absolutely clueless.

The questions that I wanted to know are the following:

1. What is a way I can find the total flight time of all the accounts/people who have used a single drone? Please don't say to go into the app and check, as that will only show my own flight time. I want to know the entire lifetime flight time for a drone, from all the user accounts that have put minutes on it.

2. If you have DJI Care refresh warranty that you paid extra money for. When your drone gets damaged or whatever, and you send it in for a replacement, does DJI always replace it with a brand-new drone, or do they also replace it with a refurbished drone? I feel very ripped off and bamboozled when I heard a few people tell me that DJI actually replaces it with a refurbished model. If I had known this prior to purchasing the warranty, I never would have.

3. Is there anyway to check the # of battery cycles on a battery? Again, not just the number of cycles on your own account, but I'm talking the lifetime of the battery.

Thank you
2019-1-11
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I. You can't
2. Refurbished as stated in the T&C
3. Now not sure on this one, you would think that the battery itself counts the number of charges and then reports back to the app when connected, the only way to check for sure is to borrow a second-hand battery and see what it says when connected.  
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

1 and 3 can be answered with the same answer, unless you have access to other users email and passwords you cannot check for this information, to most this is private information unless they want to share.

Answer to two, djis advertising clearly mentions the rules of buying and claiming for a care refresh, the rule your looking for is , dji will replace your drone with new or refurbished as new drone, it’s pretty clear in their blurb, one thing I can tell you the majority of those getting refurbs are completely without any problems, many are new, but even refurbs present as new. I wouldn’t be to worried about this.
2019-1-11
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

The DJI Assistant will show the number of charge cycles for each battery when placed in the drone and connected to the assistant.
You will have to insert each battery, and connect to find the cycle count.
Then you can "even" them out by charging the appropriate batteries to the same cycle count.
2019-1-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The total number of charge cycles for the Mavic Pro battery is displayed in the batteries details in DJI Go 4 App', along with the battery manufactured date.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Aryan_0123, apologies for the unpleasant experience with our Customer Service.
1. In finding the total flight time of the aircraft under multiple accounts.  Unfortunately, this is no way to achieve this. The flight records only follow one email address.

2. For your second question about the DJI Care Refresh, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Kindly check this link for more detailed information.

3. Battery cycles can be checked regardless of how many accounts were made but not with the lifespan of the battery. There is no specific lifespan of the said battery as it depends upon the users' usage and maintenance. Please do reach us again in you have concerns. Thank you.

2019-1-11
Use props
Mr_DJI
lvl.1

United States

is it possible to request and want only a brand new replacement when ur replacing ur drone. or do we have no choice and always get a 'refurbished ' drone as a replacement?

how does dji decide on whether to replace your drone with a brand new one or a refurbished one?
2019-1-12
Use props
Mr_DJI
lvl.1

United States

also, how do you know if your mavic pro is a refurbished model? is it 5th last digit as "s" or "R"?
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mr_DJI Posted at 1-12 12:38
also, how do you know if your mavic pro is a refurbished model? is it 5th last digit as "s" or "R"?

Hi Mr_DJI, please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers. More details, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-1-12
Use props
Mr_DJI
lvl.1

Canada

anyone know what is wrong with my drone's gimbal ? vid below

https://gfycat.com/ShorttermGroundedFlyinglemur
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mr_DJI Posted at 1-14 15:43
anyone know what is wrong with my drone's gimbal ? vid below

https://gfycat.com/ShorttermGroundedFlyinglemur

Please double check if the gimbal vibration absorbing board is mounted properly to the hooks, then try the gimbal calibration and refresh the firmware, if there is no luck, it is recommended to send in for further evaluation.
2019-1-15
Use props
Mr_DJI
lvl.1

Canada

do i have the option to request new drone only if needs replace via dji care refresh

if i dont want refurbished?
2019-1-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Mr_DJI Posted at 1-24 23:42
do i have the option to request new drone only if needs replace via dji care refresh

if i dont want refurbished?

Thanks for getting back to us, each time you request a replacement under DJI Care Refresh, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. Each replacement will be fully evaluated, please don't worry.
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules