GPS issues with Apple Devices
1550 9 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TVOD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1680082 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I get this message(Mobile Device GPS Signal Weak. It's location cannot be acquired.)
everytime i try to update my location while walking along paths on the moors close to where i live.
I am using a iPad mini 3 with cellular my Apple maps works and show my location. The GPS worked in November now it does not. Has anybody else got this issue.
I also get this message
warnings:Mobile device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected
I didnt get this before, DJI Go4 is the only 3rd party app on my ipad

Roy
2019-1-11
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I had the same, but with the last go4 app update a few days ago its all ok now, for me anyway, I use a 9.7 iPad.
2019-1-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

The app is very resource intensive; both in software and hardware. The iPad Mini 3 lacks the power (1.3 dual-core) to run the app sufficiently. If you upgraded to a new iPad/iPad Pro, you would not get these errors. I’ve never gotten any OS or GO 4 errors with an iPad Pro 10.5 cellular (2.4 6-core). The newest iPad Pros are 8-core @ 2.5Ghz, which should allow you to run the app for years to come as it develops. Plus you’d get the benefit of proper color representation, brighter display, and better framing/focus.
2019-1-11
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hrmmm New iPad? may as well buy the new Smart controller. The iPad 3 didn't lack any power 2 months ago , it worked ok. The mini map works it know exactly where i am, blue dot where i am stood. this GPS worked in November now does not. Thanks for your reply
Roy
2019-1-11
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

raven swe Posted at 1-11 11:07
I had the same, but with the last go4 app update a few days ago its all ok now, for me anyway, I use a 9.7 iPad.

Really? It works now with the latest GO 4? I think it's version 4.3.10...

What model DJI drone are you using? I have the M2P, and DJI claims it doesn't support this function, so will be happy if that's no longer the case with the M2P!
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to change a location? So we can check. Also, about the second warning, this is actually an app feature, which can detect the usage of the CPU for the mobile device. This prompt will pop up when the CPU of the mobile device is fully loaded. The decoding performance of image transmission and signal transmission will be affected and the iOS device will warm up. It is recommended to prevent the mobile device from direct sunlight with sunshade when the mobile device is used in summer. Otherwise, the mobile device may warm up the CPU may underlock or be fully loaded, which affects flying experiences. I hope this will help. Thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Just tried the App with a iPad mini 3 a iPhone 7+ a iPad 9.7 12 months old all gave the same results, only difference the iPad 3 and the iPhone 7+ had a BLUE dot on the mini map the iPad 9.7 had a RED dot on the mini map, the iPhone and iPad mini the dot was RED initially but turned BLUE after a short while

Roy
2019-1-11
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia, I have tried in loads of different locations still the same result, the app worked ok in November now it does not on 3 different Apple devices, the ability to change the home point is essential when walking. Who's map data do you use for the mini map?. All other GPS Apps (Google maps, Waze, Apple maps) work, yours does not, so it looks like your app is at fault because the others work ok.

Roy
2019-1-11
Use props
raven swe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

using M2Z and 2017 Ipad 9.7
2019-1-11
Use props
TVOD
lvl.4