Gimball installed and a few issues Please advise what direction to go
2045 10 2015-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

So I had a gimbal and installed it and finally got around to actually flying and testing it. I have the anti Interferance board internally installed  never tested it without the  board.
So now.   my RC gimbal control wont show full range on my RC assistant. only shows 1000 and maybe 893 that's the range.  I have updated all GImbal and Phantom versions.  And  when I fly the gimbal just Tilt to its limits up and then down  it take about 4 seconds to cycle. when I have he gimbal control set to one max limit.   I have Jello with the white absorbers so  I will deal with that later I am using  an SJ4000 cam  but I don't think that makes the gimbal NOT tilt like its supposed to.
I do have video.  of the up down cycles

2015-6-4
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Sj4000 won't work on any of dji zenmuse gimbles 2nd, no one can help you unless we know details my friend.. What gimble? What copter? What flight controller? What controller are you using to fly the copter with and control the gimble? Include a few pictures of your setup..  You can never give to many details... If your using a naza flight controller it needs to be calibrated to your controller..  It needs to learn what your stick and switches minimums and maximums are and you need to have and dual rates in your controller turned off and all your end points need to be set to 100 before calibration...  
I can't say much more without some details because I would just be speculating, which won't help you too much ya know
2015-6-4
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Yeah, look from the video, you are using DJI's zenmuse gimbal and controller. May I know what model is it? H3-3D or H4-3D.
BTW, DJI's little zenmuse gimbal is tailor-made for Gopro cam
2015-6-5
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

Dji Phantom 2   With Zenmuse H3-3d installed later. the RC I am using is the one that came with the P2 with gimbal control on rear of the controller.  I have Calibrated everything with the Rc assistant and the P2vision tool.  I have seen that the X1 channel is the Gimabl control and it  cant be calibrated it say that on the RC assistant. only the Joysticks can be calibrated.   I know the h3-3d is designed for the Her03 but because one is not mounted does that make the Gimbal act unnormal? I don't see why the Sj4000 would make the gimbal not act normal. I have seen many h3-3d with SJ4000 cam online.. so   it works  but I am open  buying a gopro if it can be proven that's my issue. So the camera is making the Zenmuse go wackey?
2015-6-5
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

What other information do I need to provide to give you a better understanding of my situation
2015-6-5
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

have you balanced the camera in the gimbal? that my solve your current issues. just saw a thread which said there is no AV out on the SJ4000, that means no live video feed. Hard to say if a go pro will fix your problems, but the h3-3d is designed to be used with the hero 3, other cameras of different weight my cause it to behave strangely. I would think that if it is the same dimensions as the go pro, that as long as it is balanced it would probably be okay.
2015-6-7
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Nbx33 Posted at 2015-6-6 01:25
What other information do I need to provide to give you a better understanding of my situation

As the gimbal's balance and gravity is calibrated with specific camera before shipment, different camera with different weight may affect gimbal's normal operation
Now DJI has launched a gimbal can adapt to differenct cameras, but it is big zenmuse gimbal, ronin-m.
2015-6-7
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

so why does this only happen after the hantom has taken off?  if it was ff balance  then it should be doing it all the time its powered up.   i am confused becasue i see many videos online with this gimbal and the sj4000
2015-6-9
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Nbx33 Posted at 2015-6-10 10:42
so why does this only happen after the hantom has taken off?  if it was ff balance  then it should b ...

Gimbal's attitude is processed by main controller during the navigation.  
2015-6-18
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

im going to add the washers to the inside control board and do another calibration specifically of the X1 signal.  we will see what happens..
but I installed a Go Pro and it does the same thing
2015-6-22
Use props
Riff Raff
lvl.1

United States

Nbx33 Posted at 2015-6-23 04:42
im going to add the washers to the inside control board and do another calibration specifically of t ...

Sorry I don't have experience with your set up, but I do have a question.  The jello is quite bad, leads me to wonder if you have a vibration issue.  Does your camera behave normally if the Phantom isn't flying?  What I mean is, can you just turn the Phantom on, turn on the camera (without starting the props) and record video?  Can you operate the gimbal normally before starting the props?
2015-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules