Matrice 210 Battery Firmware advice
1295 3 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P40Steve
lvl.2

United States

I don't know how public this is, but our company owns a Matrice 210 for business purposes.  Last month I was flying the Matrice and without any other warning received a "Battery Critical" alert.  The drone immediately goes into auto-land mode which is fine if you are at a safe place to land.  I had three options:  in the middle of traffic on a street; in a ditch that was full of water; or closer to me where the ground was clear and level.  I attempted to bring the drone back to me to land safely, but in auto-land there is no upward flight nor level flight, just sideways and down.  Unfortunately the Matrice crashed and was damaged, but was still under the 1 year warranty.  I opened a repair ticket and sent the drone in and after I did DJI release a statement saying there was an issue with the latest firmware for the TBS50 and TBS55 batteries in that the State of Charge was not accurately computed, and the drone could crash if the voltage ran out.  Maybe it is just me but that appears to be the cause of why our Matrice crashed.  But because I was still low enough, maybe 40 feet, the battery did not run out before the drone crashed.  Despite my many failed attempts to get DJI to even acknowledge what I experienced, the only thing they would say was that it was pilot error.  Needless to say, good luck if you ever have to work with the repair service when it clearly was a malfunction of the drone.  I work in an industry that is starting to heavily use drones and I have been told my several other pilots that their drone has done the same thing.  Lucky for them them they were high enough that the battery died before it hit the ground and DJI acknowledged the issue and repaired their's.

Since then DJI has released a new update to the battery firmware that supposedly corrects the issue, and I would recommend updating the firmware on your batteries or you could end up like us.  Here is the link to the battery information.

https://www.dji.com/newsroom/new ... p;mc_eid=2cff616754

I like DJI drones, but their customer support leaves a lot of room for improvement.  It would be real nice if they had a enterprise drone support group, would listen to the customer experience and not just look at the flight data, and provide a direct number to call a support person back.  Not once did I receive a direct number except for the help desk line.

-Steve

2019-1-11
Use props
fans33f5a3a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35889 ft

Canada

I have a mavic proband just had it registered with transport Canada by sending my serial # can they track all my flights now?
2019-1-11
Use props
fans33f5a3a9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35889 ft

Canada

I have a mavic proband just had it registered with transport Canada by sending my serial # can they track all my flights now?
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Steve, we are so sorry for the crash accident and the warranty service cannot be provided, I managed to get the case number and see our supervisor has contacted you and reached an agreement. Thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our management for consideration.
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules