Just lost all my trust in Dji Repair staff.
12Next >
1479 44 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donjuan.
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2078228 ft
United States

First of all i like to thank all the administrators here as more than ones have done all that is possible to help me and others.if you read my previews post yall know my case. I was being Quoted about $268. For a crash that till this day i know it was not my fault,fine. I took it like a champ and told them to keep it at repair shop because i cant affort it plus it was not pilot error like they told me,fine. I was told that my main electronic board and 2 motors also main frame had to be replaced that they were damage,i had reply that after the crash all that was brocken was 1 motor and one leg.everything else was working just perfect.about 2 month later,the day before yesterday they got it shipped back to me in exact the same way i had send it in even the dirt frome the crash.the funny thing is that my controler was still binded to it so i guess they only eyed view it also everything still working like i sayed and only 1 motor is bended at the axel and one broken leg.Camera,gimbal,sensors and 3 motors are working as they ever did. It is a sad thing that i was baing charged for things that where never broken and even the dirt was still on it.how do they diagnose a drone if they dont even bind it to theylir controller to find error? They never check it as supposed to and i was being raped for money i dont have for things that never broked.if you ask me this is a scam what they do.i have some electronic fixing skills bit what happens to those who dont and are forced to pay for what a simple visual glimpse tells them? Im totaly disappointed in the way i was done with by dji repair in texas.now i still have a broken drone after 2 month of waitting i had even forgot it.i hope the have cameras or some type of supervision so that they can see what yheir repair employers are doing,then they wonder why ppl give them a bad name.  This is messed up for Real.......i hope this dont be removed as is the truth of the matter i can prove it. I found main frame and 4 motors ,esc.for $95 thinking on getting it and fixing my self bit i hope no one else get scamed!!!!
2019-1-11
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

Bummer dude.   So is your complaint that you were quoted for more work that you think it actually needed?  Sounds like your root complaint is your Spark crashed for a reason you believe wasn't pilot error. Was it still under warranty when it crashed?  Just curious because maybe there is an issue with the main board/other motor that's not able to be diagnosed without some test equipment and that's what caused your crash? Obviously my comment is just conjecture as I didn't read about your crash yet.

It's good to have some basic electronics repair skills IMO.  Good luck hope you get flying again.
2019-1-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

I’m sorry to hear this. You must feel really bad about this situation. Maybe dji will step in and help you.
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Donjuan, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, upon checking the case, the drone was returned without repair because you didn't process the payment, the repair bill has been overdue, therefore, we must send back the drone to you, appreciate your understanding.
Your dispute of the data analysis had been escalated to the higher level team and the team had provided the proper resolution after communicating with you, the damage assessment was based on the status of the drone when we received it, if customer sent in the RC, usually, we will evaluate together unless the RC was damaged.
We apologize again if there is any trouble caused, hope for your kind understanding.
2019-1-12
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Do you have the flight logs from Spark or the App? They will tell the story more than your words.
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

ajmckay Posted at 1-11 22:13
Bummer dude.   So is your complaint that you were quoted for more work that you think it actually needed?  Sounds like your root complaint is your Spark crashed for a reason you believe wasn't pilot error. Was it still under warranty when it crashed?  Just curious because maybe there is an issue with the main board/other motor that's not able to be diagnosed without some test equipment and that's what caused your crash? Obviously my comment is just conjecture as I didn't read about your crash yet.

It's good to have some basic electronics repair skills IMO.  Good luck hope you get flying again.

The app whent blank whike supposed to be returning home and i might have touched the sticks in panic but is all good my beef is about been charged for something that still works
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Sparkz71 Posted at 1-12 04:20
Do you have the flight logs from Spark or the App? They will tell the story more than your words.

I ccould not prove nothing but the crash aint the issue no more here.thanks for the reply.
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-12 01:05
Hi Donjuan, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our repair center, upon checking the case, the drone was returned without repair because you didn't process the payment, the repair bill has been overdue, therefore, we must send back the drone to you, appreciate your understanding.
Your dispute of the data analysis had been escalated to the higher level team and the team had provided the proper resolution after communicating with you, the damage assessment was based on the status of the drone when we received it, if customer sent in the RC, usually, we will evaluate together unless the RC was damaged.
We apologize again if there is any trouble caused, hope for your kind understanding.

Dji Mindi.thanks again you awesome at helping everyone here. I knew they where not going to fix it cause i never payed and was so upset that i told them they can keep it so that is all cool and i thank them for still sending it back. What im saying is that it is messed up that i was been charged for 2 motors,1 main Board and main frame when the only thing that is broken is 1 motor and its leg i dont see where the main board comes into play here and a 2nd motor. Also how did they diagnosed it if i got it back still binded to my original controller.they never connected it to their own.i believe one most do so inorder to diagnose the electeical components. Also Dirt still on it,lol. Everything is working but 1 motor and its leg is broken.i started it as soon as i got is and all work with the exeption that the app crashed again but still records gimbal works and pics also sensors detect me in front. I know if you ask that it was just visually inspected. and over charged.is cool ill take it
2019-1-12
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Donjuan. Posted at 1-12 04:59
Dji Mindi.thanks again you awesome at helping everyone here. I knew they where not going to fix it cause i never payed and was so upset that i told them they can keep it so that is all cool and i thank them for still sending it back. What im saying is that it is messed up that i was been charged for 2 motors,1 main Board and main frame when the only thing that is broken is 1 motor and its leg i dont see where the main board comes into play here and a 2nd motor. Also how did they diagnosed it if i got it back still binded to my original controller.they never connected it to their own.i believe one most do so inorder to diagnose the electeical components. Also Dirt still on it,lol. Everything is working but 1 motor and its leg is broken.i started it as soon as i got is and all work with the exeption that the app crashed again but still records gimbal works and pics also sensors detect me in front. I know if you ask that it was just visually inspected. and over charged.is cool ill take it

Leg, you just plastic weld back in place. And motor you get from ebay for about 7-9dollars, and solder that back onl and you are back in the air within 2 hours.. Go go go
2019-1-12
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Dji Mindi.thanks again you awesome at helping everyone here. I knew they where not going to fix it cause i never payed and was so upset that i told them they can keep it so that is all cool and i thank them for still sending it back. What im saying is that it is messed up that i was been charged for 2 motors,1 main Board and main frame when the only thing that is broken is 1 motor and its leg i dont see where the main board comes into play here and a 2nd motor. Also how did they diagnosed it if i got it back still binded to my original controller.they never connected it to their own.i believe one most do so inorder to diagnose the electeical components. Also Dirt still on it,lol. Everything is working but 1 motor and its leg is broken.i started it as soon as i got is and all work with the exeption that the app crashed again but still records gimbal works and pics also sensors detect me in front. I know if you ask that it was just visually inspected. and over charged.is cool ill take it

Leg, you just plastic weld back in place. And motor you get from ebay for about 7-9dollars, and solder that back onl and you are back in the air within 2 hours.. Go go go
2019-1-12
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I think the diagnosis is made with a cable rather than a controller but for the rest was your spark still under warranty?
If its not under warranty  I would change the part myself too.
Can you link it to the app and what does it say?
2019-1-12
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.2
United States

Maybe they were going to change out both front or rear motors ( witch ever one was broken) and repair as a set cause as in their eyes i'm sure 2 new motors on the same side would work best rather then a brand new motor and a old used motor.
I am sure they used your controller with your spark as to see if any issues were going on.

it sucks but you got to think about labor also unless it was suppose to be under warranty I am sure they charge a pretty penny for labor and kinda like a auto shop you end up paying double what you could fix for yourself that is why i do all my own auto repairs.

Look around you can find deals I got one off ebay with 1 batt and usb chargers for $305 shipped.
2019-1-12
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

Donjuan. Posted at 1-12 04:43
The app whent blank whike supposed to be returning home and i might have touched the sticks in panic but is all good my beef is about been charged for something that still works

Wouldn't this be considered user error?
If so, 268.00 to replace a drone you may have broken is not the worst thing..

On the flip side, if you can save money by replacing the parts yourself then do it.. Bt to be honest, I'd be concerned about having the proper motors and calibration of the rest of the unit.

l always say "The cheapest route is not always the least expensive."
2019-1-12
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 1-12 05:19
Leg, you just plastic weld back in place. And motor you get from ebay for about 7-9dollars, and solder that back onl and you are back in the air within 2 hours.. Go go go

Agree.  I never thought about trying to weld the plastic together...  Alternatively I saw on eBay a replacement plastic body for about $30.  That's not too bad.   Overall seems like you should be able to get the Spark put back together with your own skills.
2019-1-12
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

ajmckay Posted at 1-12 07:35
Agree.  I never thought about trying to weld the plastic together...  Alternatively I saw on eBay a replacement plastic body for about $30.  That's not too bad.   Overall seems like you should be able to get the Spark put back together with your own skills.

You can but they don't want you to and it definitely void warranty (if it's still under)
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 1-12 05:19

Thanks bud but i found the parts on ebay for a very good price.rather have it back original in case i want to sell it soo.nah mean!
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

darkfull1 Posted at 1-12 05:37
I think the diagnosis is made with a cable rather than a controller but for the rest was your spark still under warranty?
If its not under warranty  I would change the part myself too.
Can you link it to the app and what does it say?

Maybe but it dont justify changing the entire elecronics when they working as good as ever.thanks i will fix it my self..
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

epoweredrc Posted at 1-12 06:52
Maybe they were going to change out both front or rear motors ( witch ever one was broken) and repair as a set cause as in their eyes i'm sure 2 new motors on the same side would work best rather then a brand new motor and a old used motor.
I am sure they used your controller with your spark as to see if any issues were going on.

Thanks for the reply.bit when they use their own remote ill have to rebind mines when i get it back.the one motor broken is visible from a mile .bended axel.the other just had a bit of dirt in it i just blew it away and is all working perfectly.now explain how yhe main board comes into play which was supposed to be the main reason y the bill was as hight..but like i sayed is all good.im kust letting ppl know to double chek for damage before sending drones to get fix here..thanks again bud..
2019-1-12
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Anthony8858 Posted at 1-12 07:10
Wouldn't this be considered user error?
If so, 268.00 to replace a drone you may have broken is not the worst thing..

And i agree bit the most expensive part of the repair is the 1 working best.main board why pay for Something that is not broken.is like going to the dentist for a clean up but they tell you they have to remove all your teeth..lol
2019-1-12
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Switzerland

Donjuan. Posted at 1-12 10:14
Maybe but it dont justify changing the entire elecronics when they working as good as ever.thanks i will fix it my self..

Indeed if the main board is not broken there is no reason to change it.
Have you ask them for detail about the diagnostic and what was the reason they said the main board had to be change?
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Let us know how it goes. There are probably some videos on youtube that show how to take the spark apart and repair it. You may have some local shops that might repair it or sell parts for not so expensive.

2019-1-12
Use props
Master.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

DJI do have a terrible customer service.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

I understand your frustration, but the quotation is based on the objective evaluation, if you still have further concern, you can send in the drone for another evaluation, I sincerely hope you can get the drone repaired and get back in the air soon.
2019-1-14
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

darkfull1 Posted at 1-12 17:38
Indeed if the main board is not broken there is no reason to change it.
Have you ask them for detail about the diagnostic and what was the reason they said the main board had to be change?

I did but got no reply.is all good. I just want to encorage ppl to check their damaged drone really good before sending it in..
2019-1-14
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Daniella3d Posted at 1-12 23:51
Let us know how it goes. There are probably some videos on youtube that show how to take the spark apart and repair it. You may have some local shops that might repair it or sell parts for not so expensive.

Thanks.i have alot experience with electonics and hobbu rc. So is kind of eazy for me.jeje
2019-1-14
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:48

Actually i had a very good experience before thanks to the admins here.just this time i got the short end of the stick.jeje
2019-1-14
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-14 01:17
I understand your frustration, but the quotation is based on the objective evaluation, if you still have further concern, you can send in the drone for another evaluation, I sincerely hope you can get the drone repaired and get back in the air soon.

Like i sayed dji mindy thank you so much for all you do for us here. But im not willing to go throug this again. Ill have it in the air by the week end and all i spend so far is about $23 for 1 motor and 1led cap.the leg is not completely broken neither so some buble gum will hold it in place..lol joking!! But $23 from $268 is crazy..jeje..God Bless you!!!!
2019-1-14
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

Donjuan. Posted at 1-14 04:58
Like i sayed dji mindy thank you so much for all you do for us here. But im not willing to go throug this again. Ill have it in the air by the week end and all i spend so far is about $23 for 1 motor and 1led cap.the leg is not completely broken neither so some buble gum will hold it in place..lol joking!! But $23 from $268 is crazy..jeje..God Bless you!!!!

Keep us posted..
2019-1-14
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

This is the entire Damage.led cap,that visual small crack and that one motor. Everything else is asgood as it always was.$268? fair? I already ordered the motor and led cap for about $18 eBay. And since is only a small crack I will use plastic weld$6. Camera,video working perfect and no error signals.  Thanks God I did not had the money to allow my self to get robbed...I hope they go back to video or something and find the lazy dud that made the visual prediction and Quoted me $268.  Jejejejeje that would be good news so it dont happen to no one else....
Capture+_2019-01-14-15-49-06.png
Capture+_2019-01-14-15-48-23.png
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donjuan. Posted at 1-14 04:58

Self-repairing may affect the warranty, but we hope you can keep enjoying flying, if you need any further assistance, please feel free to keep me updated.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:48

Hi Master., we are working on improving our customer service, if you need any assistance or have any unpleasant experience, please keep us admins updated, we will do our best to help, thank you.
2019-1-15
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Donjuan. Posted at 1-14 13:00
This is the entire Damage.led cap,that visual small crack and that one motor. Everything else is asgood as it always was.$268? fair? I already ordered the motor and led cap for about $18 eBay. And since is only a small crack I will use plastic weld$6. Camera,video working perfect and no error signals.  Thanks God I did not had the money to allow my self to get robbed...I hope they go back to video or something and find the lazy dud that made the visual prediction and Quoted me $268.  Jejejejeje that would be good news so it dont happen to no one else....

That tiny crack,,solder it/plasticweld... And change one motor...
Changing the body takes time, and a lot of soldering wires to esc and so on.  Just saying....1-2 hours vs a days worth.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-145042-1-1.html
Link to my repair thread
2019-1-15
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 1-15 08:55
That tiny crack,,solder it/plasticweld... And change one motor...
Changing the body takes time, and a lot of soldering wires to esc and so on.  Just saying....1-2 hours vs a days worth.

Hey thanks bud that is awesome info. Just waitting on the motor now. Does that weld holds good? I did something like it long ago on some ither stuff bit it did not hold well.i was planning on using a plastic glue called plastic weld.
2019-1-15
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-15 01:12
Self-repairing may affect the warranty, but we hope you can keep enjoying flying, if you need any further assistance, please feel free to keep me updated.

From this bad experience i dont think guarranty matters anymore to me. See the entire damage? They sayed electronic board was destroyed and was the most expensive part to replace.but is all working perfect.i just keep asking my self,why would they Do that?? Can you answer? That was very foul
2019-1-15
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Donjuan. Posted at 1-15 20:59
Hey thanks bud that is awesome info. Just waitting on the motor now. Does that weld holds good? I did something like it long ago on some ither stuff bit it did not hold well.i was planning on using a plastic glue called plastic weld.

I sold both of my fixed sparks, but flew with one of them as my primary one, for hours, did crash it too, nothing...
Imo, plastic soldering makes it more like original flexible, and glue makes it stiff, because it is not the same material... So you got nothingto loose in trying..
The motor and esc is a pain to solder, soo tiny..
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Donjuan. Posted at 1-15 21:08
From this bad experience i dont think guarranty matters anymore to me. See the entire damage? They sayed electronic board was destroyed and was the most expensive part to replace.but is all working perfect.i just keep asking my self,why would they Do that?? Can you answer? That was very foul

The damage assessment was based on a thorough evaluation, visible or invisible, since you have repaired the drone, I hope no more issues will happen.
2019-1-16
Use props
Outlier22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328474 ft
United States

Sorry to hear of your troubles.  I've had better experiences where the DJI repair center but that's only because i bought the DJI Care service really.  My Spark started having compass and GPS errors so I sent it in for repairs.  Sure enough there was an issue with GPS and main board I believe.  I think it would have been a $250 or more repair but was covered under DJI care.  (thank god I bought that!)  

***However, they sent me a replacement Spark instead of fixing mine and the replacement had issues on it's first flight.  No GPS or Compass errors but I lost connection when the drone was not to far away and it returned to home.  The remote would not re-connect until after it landed.  Then on my next flight the gimbal stopped working and a lost connection again and could not reconnect it even after returning to home.  So I sent this back to DJI as a 2nd and final replacement under DJI care - just before my first year expired.  I'm sure the 1st replacement they sent was a lemon but my 1 year DJI Care was days away from running out so no reason to complain, I just asked for another replacement.  (this time I sent in the remote and the drone.)

The 2nd repair assessment was two malfunctioning antennas, malfunctioning gimbal and new main board.  (perhaps they replace the main board every time???)  I think the repair cost would have been in the $300's but was covered .  I received the 2nd replacement yesterday and again got a new (refurb) drone and controller.  They connected instantly and everything seems to be working so I've got my fingers crossed.  ...BUT I ALSO BOUGHT THE EXTRA YEAR OF DJI Care!

I think DJI make the best consumer drones but these things are super complicated and are made as cheaply as possible to hit a price point.  I originally bought the DJI Care in case I screwed up and crashed but I will certainly not buy another DJI drone without this coverage.  I know you can't buy this coverage now but if you ever get a new DJI, I'd highly recommend the extra $50 for this coverage.  (hopefully you can repair it yourself though.)
2019-1-16
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Outlier22 Posted at 1-16 06:54
Sorry to hear of your troubles.  I've had better experiences where the DJI repair center but that's only because i bought the DJI Care service really.  My Spark started having compass and GPS errors so I sent it in for repairs.  Sure enough there was an issue with GPS and main board I believe.  I think it would have been a $250 or more repair but was covered under DJI care.  (thank god I bought that!)  

***However, they sent me a replacement Spark instead of fixing mine and the replacement had issues on it's first flight.  No GPS or Compass errors but I lost connection when the drone was not to far away and it returned to home.  The remote would not re-connect until after it landed.  Then on my next flight the gimbal stopped working and a lost connection again and could not reconnect it even after returning to home.  So I sent this back to DJI as a 2nd and final replacement under DJI care - just before my first year expired.  I'm sure the 1st replacement they sent was a lemon but my 1 year DJI Care was days away from running out so no reason to complain, I just asked for another replacement.  (this time I sent in the remote and the drone.)

I fully agree with you is the best way to go. Wow there was alot of issues in your case.i 5hink i can still get the dji care as long as is working perfect at the time of inspection. But i dont think i would do it now...thanks for the comment and good advise....
2019-1-16
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-16 03:19
The damage assessment was based on a thorough evaluation, visible or invisible, since you have repaired the drone, I hope no more issues will happen.

Dji mindy you sound upset. And all i have to say about you is nothing but good things. You always have done all you csn and beon to help me and others. But i still think yall running away from the truth and i never got an honest answer on why they did this. How ever im not mad at you at all. Just wanted to make shore no one else goes throug this Scam!! Thanks again.you Awesome!!
2019-1-16
Use props
Donjuan.
lvl.3
United States

Joller79 DK Posted at 1-15 21:09
I sold both of my fixed sparks, but flew with one of them as my primary one, for hours, did crash it too, nothing...
Imo, plastic soldering makes it more like original flexible, and glue makes it stiff, because it is not the same material... So you got nothingto loose in trying..
The motor and esc is a pain to solder, soo tiny..

Thanks i just got the motor today put it in and back in the air.jeje. quick sordering 3 wire terminals and is all good now thanks.i just test it so the plastic still holding as is only acrack bit will get to it soon..
2019-1-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules