Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 pro camera replacement
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shermce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9465 ft
United States

I recently purchased a used phantom 3 pro with a 2.7k camera on it.  I have a 4k phantom camera that I would like to put on it.  Can I just swap the cameras or do I need to replace the hardware inside the drone shell also.

Thanks for your help!
2019-1-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I think I answered this same question recently, if the aircraft you purchased is indeed a P3 Pro, then the camera on it should be a 4K camera. The P3 Pro was never supplied with a 2.7K camera. If you still want to swap cameras, then you can fit a 4K camera off a P3 Pro without any problems.
2019-1-11
Use props
shermce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9465 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-11 19:24
I think I answered this same question recently, if the aircraft you purchased is indeed a P3 Pro, then the camera on it should be a 4K camera. The P3 Pro was never supplied with a 2.7K camera. If you still want to swap cameras, then you can fit a 4K camera off a P3 Pro without any problems.

Ok that is what I was hoping!  I believe the individual that sold it to me had replaced the camera with the 2.7 K version.  I appreciate the help!
2019-1-11
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

shermce Posted at 1-11 20:25
Ok that is what I was hoping!  I believe the individual that sold it to me had replaced the camera with the 2.7 K version.  I appreciate the help!

Just remember that the true P3Pro with the correct camera (4K), does require the firmware for that drone. If your 3P3 had a 2.7K camera put on it, it would have had the firmware for the 3PA installed on it to work properly. Only difference in the 2-firmwares are the camera on each phantom. Hope this makes sense to you.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that we're not advising our customers to modify their drones due to that the warranty will be voided. Please refer to the link below for our after sales policy. Thank you for understanding.

https://www.dji.com/service/policy
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules