Android Mimo downloads videos but to where?
5031 4 2019-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VideoLearner
New
Vietnam

I downloaded some videos from my osmo pocket but it doesn't show up in the Mimo app.  I can't find the videos with any file explorer.  It doesn't show up in my photo gallery.  The only time I can access the video is if I reconnect the osmo pocket and go to the sd card.  When there, it shows the file downloaded icon as blue (meaning it was downloaded).  Where the heck are these downloaded files and why can't the Mimo app find them?  This app is garbage as an editor if I cannot download the files from the device.
I've noticed that the only files that the Mimo app can edit are the ones I record when the osmo pocket is connected to the phone.  For files I record with the osmo pocket independent of the phone, I cannot access them with the Mimo story editor.  Absolutely useless.  I bet DJI never tested this scenario that users will use 99% of the time.  I bet they only tested Mimo on files recorded when the osmo and phone are attached.  Glaring oversight.  BTW, I am using a Galaxy Note 9.  Pocket osmo firmware and Mimo app are up to date.
2019-1-11
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

Make sure your osmo is set to mp4 and not .mov.  I had the same problem when I first got mine and couldn't find half my video footage.  I downloaded a file explorer and searched for .mov and there they all were in a special file that seemed invisible to my android.

After I made the switch I had no problems finding my files on my phone.
2019-1-12
Use props
VideoLearner
New
Vietnam

Upscaleman Posted at 1-12 01:50
Make sure your osmo is set to mp4 and not .mov.  I had the same problem when I first got mine and couldn't find half my video footage.  I downloaded a file explorer and searched for .mov and there they all were in a special file that seemed invisible to my android.

After I made the switch I had no problems finding my files on my phone.

Thanks, Upscaleman, that was it.  So unintuitive.  It also turns out that Mimo can't edit my 4k videos.  I guess I'll be editing in DaVinci Resolve instead of Mimo.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_zkKDO6ldicX3
New

United States

Upscaleman Posted at 1-12 01:50

After I made the switch I had no problems finding my files on my phone.

Hi - could you please tell me how to set the osmo to mp4?
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_5tmunxYJv3gX
New

United States

But what if you want .mov's?
2021-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules