Jerky footage M2Z
761 9 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ejo016
lvl.1
Norway

Hello. This is my first post in here. I just bought my first drone and have noticed quite a bit of jerky footage. I was hoping somebody could help me sort it out. The following footage was filmed on a bright but cloudy day on full auto (dont have any ND filters yet so too blight to film manual) on 4k 24 fps with gimbal settings @10/20. Unedited and rendered out in Premier Pro with the same sequence settings. To me the footage still looks jerky (look at the horizon and both bridges). What am I doing wrong?

2019-1-12
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

I didn't see any effects as you describe.  Possibly your computer is creating it at your end on playback?  Are you equipped with a good graphics card?
2019-1-12
Use props
SkySurfer81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 994216 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Hi, do you have a good micro sd for storing your footage? Perhaps if your sd is slow in writing the video, the result can be jerky.   
2019-1-12
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

More than likely, the jerky effect is related to shutter speed (more noticable when panning).
Given it was a bright day, the camera was on auto and there were no ND filter, the shutter speed would be quite high which causes this issue (which only relates to video, not photos).

When you use ND filters, it allows you to use lower shutter speed so you can stick to the '180-degree rule'. Very simply, whatever your frame rate is, your shutter speed should be double. For example...

24fps = 1/50
30fps = 1/60
60fps = 1/120

2019-1-12
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I think I see what you are talking about. As theothernt said.. I think ND filter would resolve what you are seeing.
2019-1-12
Use props
ejo016
lvl.1
Norway

Thanks for all your feedback..

@Skysurfer81 I use a V30 card so it should be fast enough.

@flightlogicRV9 I have a GTX1070 so I dont think thats the problem either.

@theothernt Thanks. I dont know what the shutter speed was but im pretty sure it was alot higher than 1/50. ND filters are ordered but not arrived yet. I hope they will fix it.

2019-1-12
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

ejo016 Posted at 1-12 12:53
Thanks for all your feedback..

@Skysurfer81 I use a V30 card so it should be fast enough.

Glad to hear, do report back if you have any further issues or question
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, It seems it's a Moiré Effect especially on the bridge part and yes you may give a try to use an ND filter.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

How fast is your SD card?
2019-1-13
Use props
ejo016
lvl.1
Norway

Its a Sandisk Extreme Plus. 170mb/s read / 90mb/s write-

@dji gamora is there anything I can do to avoid that Moire effect?
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules