Mavic Air critical error during flight (Main Controller Data Error)
4743 21 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257133 ft
Australia

Today my Mavic Air started showing this error on the red status bar of DJI GO 4 app: "Main Controller Data Error" clicking on that message becamed "Barometer Error", also the drone back-led was fixed red (critical error) luckly was close so I landed immediatly.
After rebooting the Mavic Air the error was gone, I choosed to not proceed flying anymore.
Does anyone had this issue? Should I send my unit to DJI? I am very worried to fly again now.
Here's the log if you wanna take a look: https://mega.nz/#!t59nlaCa!OU061 ... bb18tr5ivi3dww3Xbaw
Thank you in advance pilots!

IMG_7898.jpg
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TwentyThrill. Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly restore the settings to factory defaults using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-12
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 07:52
Hello and good day TwentyThrill. Sorry for the inconvenience. Kindly restore the settings to factory defaults using DJI Assistant 2. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below. Please keep us posted on the said issue for us to help you further. Thanks for your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPmWvxeSp7E

Hi Stephen, thank you for your support, I tried to refresh both drone and RC and then perform a factory reset.
The procedure on the drone went without problems but my RC say "factory reset failed!" I tried multiple times even after reboot PC and RC but still say like that (anyway the RC is working normally).
82A33F52-E769-47C2-8A1E-1DDC4D07FDBF.png
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for update TwentyThrill. Since this issue is still persisting. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help and further assistance regarding this matter. Thank you.

2019-1-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Had a look at your flightrecord.
Only 2 times short a camera error, this not seen on the screen.

All MA flightdata are fine.There is more i hope about this main controller data info in the DAT files (MA dat file or flightrecord.dat file on your mobile device).My guess is that the camera error triggers a data controller error....

cheers
JJB

analysis2.png
analysis1.png
2019-1-12
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Australia

JJBspark Posted at 1-12 11:43
Hiya,

Yes I really hope it's because of the camera, now I remember that I took an "Asteroid" video but was failed.
I just refreshed the system, let's see if I can solve like that.
I wonder why if there's a camera issue the DJI GO 4 app show a critical error of the main board and barometer, that's pretty scary.
Anyway, thank you again for your analysis JJB
2019-1-12
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Hi ive had the same error, its when the drone gets hot, it gives off false barometric data due to the internal heat of the battery and drone, its a bug with this firmware by the looks hopefully dji fixes it with the next release. Its hot where i live, if its above 35 degrees celcius the barometer spits out incorrect data and the drone detects that inconsistency. You will find your battery is very hot if you pull it out. I returned one mavic air for the same error plus other issues but that was the main one. Contact dji and let them know its a error in their firmware. The more people who complain about this bug the sooner it will be fixed.
2019-1-12
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

JJBspark Posted at 1-12 11:43
Hiya,

[Image]

It only happens in hot conditions and the drone has been in sport mode for a period of time then you switch back the normal with apas it will spit out the error, both mavic airs ive had do it straight out of box in hot weather. The battery temp rises and the main controller temp rises thus giving off false barometric data. Hope dji addresses this issue i dont want to return another mavic air because of it. Im on my second mavic air now, soon to be a third if the issue isn't addressed.
2019-1-12
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

Dji assistant 2 in the current version will not update or detect the controller anyone have a older copy or a workaround for this issue?
2019-1-12
Use props
TwentyThrill
lvl.4
Australia

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-12 17:16
It only happens in hot conditions and the drone has been in sport mode for a period of time then you switch back the normal with apas it will spit out the error, both mavic airs ive had do it straight out of box in hot weather. The battery temp rises and the main controller temp rises thus giving off false barometric data. Hope dji addresses this issue i dont want to return another mavic air because of it. Im on my second mavic air now, soon to be a third if the issue isn't addressed.

Yes I run little bit in sport mode, and yes weather was pretty hot, around 30°c I guess.
I found tons of threads and videos online about this problem since late 2017, not sure if it's an hardware issue or software issue because they released version v01.00.0500 on september 2018, maybe they forgot something?
2019-1-12
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

TwentyThrill Posted at 1-12 13:55
Yes I really hope it's because of the camera, now I remember that I took an "Asteroid" video but was failed.
I just refreshed the system, let's see if I can solve like that.
I wonder why if there's a camera issue the DJI GO 4 app show a critical error of the main board and barometer, that's pretty scary.

a Barometer fault?  not in the log, at least i cannot find it in there.
2019-1-13
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-12 17:16
It only happens in hot conditions and the drone has been in sport mode for a period of time then you switch back the normal with apas it will spit out the error, both mavic airs ive had do it straight out of box in hot weather. The battery temp rises and the main controller temp rises thus giving off false barometric data. Hope dji addresses this issue i dont want to return another mavic air because of it. Im on my second mavic air now, soon to be a third if the issue isn't addressed.

Hi Spark in the park,

Thanks for the explanaining. Where i live it seldom that hot!
But last year in France i had 35 degrees and more ad no problems with my MA.

Curious now about this error, where to find this error in wich file (flightlog.txt, DAT file inside MA or DAT file on the mobile device).

Is it possible to sent me the  files of such an error flight to me ? [ jjbsoftware@gmail.com ]
If i can find it good to implement this data into FRAP.

cheers
JJB
2019-1-13
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spark in the Park Posted at 1-12 17:12
Hi ive had the same error, its when the drone gets hot, it gives off false barometric data due to the internal heat of the battery and drone, its a bug with this firmware by the looks hopefully dji fixes it with the next release. Its hot where i live, if its above 35 degrees celcius the barometer spits out incorrect data and the drone detects that inconsistency. You will find your battery is very hot if you pull it out. I returned one mavic air for the same error plus other issues but that was the main one. Contact dji and let them know its a error in their firmware. The more people who complain about this bug the sooner it will be fixed.

Hiya,

see my post #12, if you like sent me the files.

cheers
JJB
2019-1-13
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

Ill upload files after work today, just curious, ive never uploaded a log file before how do i do it? Save me teaching myself haha
2019-1-14
Use props
Sharito Dussan
New

Colombia

buenos dias. yo tengo el mismo problema. y no encuetro la solucion
2019-5-2
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 11:19
Thank you for update TwentyThrill. Since this issue is still persisting. The best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for additional help and further assistance regarding this matter. Thank you.

[view_image]
asst2v1.2.4 also can not factory default mavic air remote controller. it can firmware flash any of displayed listed fw and thereafter refresh it too.
possibly uninstalling v1.2.4 and instead using v1.2.0 may favor rc factory defaulting.
i found apk splash screen navigate button depressed long time opportunes rc flashing capabilities, phone usb cabled, aircraft turned off. but here too, can not factory default the rc. thus this makes you wonder why even have factory defaults. maybe the flash chip merely has none hard coded permanently embedded (called rom)?
2019-5-2
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

(Sorry for the dup post...)
2019-6-4
Use props
Spaceman_66
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82323 ft
United States

Been there, done that. Flying in the Phoenix, AZ area when ambient temps start getting above roughly 95F / 35C I start running into these errors. Always land as quickly as practical and pack it in for the day. The MA just doesn’t like running too hot!
2019-6-4
Use props
Cineasta83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55738 ft
Argentina

Sharito Dussan Posted at 5-2 06:09
buenos dias. yo tengo el mismo problema. y no encuetro la solucion

Yo hice otro hilo respecto a un problema que tengo y aún no me dieron ninguna respuesta. De hecho me dieron la misma solución automática. Como que no piensan que minimamente uno se da idea de las "posibles soluciones básicas".

El link a mi post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-190758-1-1.html
2019-6-21
Use props
djiuser_w7y0Hz1fzdHQ
New

Pakistan

Hey there, i just update my mavic air and suddenly it started showing all this...
Its heat fan is not working
Camera is not working
Back light is continuously solid red
Even not connecting to the controller and if it does then the is an error aircraft can't takeoff....
Please help me ... what should i do ?
2019-7-2
Use props
djiuser_w7y0Hz1fzdHQ
New

Pakistan

Hey dji stephen...
Im having these errors with my mavic air...
What should i do ?
2019-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_w7y0Hz1fzdHQ Posted at 7-2 14:40
Hey there, i just update my mavic air and suddenly it started showing all this...
Its heat fan is not working
Camera is not working

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that the heat fan of your DJI Mavic Air is not working. Since this issue had happening on the said drone. I would recommend you contact our DJI support team for further help and assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We have the professional team who would do their best to fix and find out the reason why is this issue is happening to your drone and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. In addition please do not use the drone when the heat fan is not working because this might damage the internal parts of the drone. Thank you for understanding and support.
2019-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules