Spark Help
1441 15 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans69a48966
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi guys i have a question. The other day i was flying and I lost signal to my drone, the drone was 10m away from me. I instantly though return to home would take place and the drone would land. However in fact the drone just hovered over the lake, instead of retuning to the home point does anyone know why.
Also how did the drone know to hover instead of land on the water.

Thanks
2019-1-12
Use props
62+
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1321991 ft
South Africa

See manual on the RTH of the Spark and many posts regarding this on this forum. It behaved as it should if it was just 10m away. Also look on Youtube.
It is important to know how RTH work.
Welcome to the forum.
2019-1-12
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Probably went into ATTI mode.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Did you receive an error message that time? Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-12
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

Have you used a R/C or just your device on that flight?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2019-1-12
Use props
fans69a48966
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wolferl Posted at 1-12 08:07
Hi,

Have you used a R/C or just your device on that flight?

I used an r c
2019-1-12
Use props
fans69a48966
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-12 08:00
Hi there, sorry for the trouble. Did you receive an error message that time? Click on "Reply" so that I can receive a notification from your response. Thanks for your support.

It said it lost signal
2019-1-12
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

HI,

OK, what possibly happened was you lost the video feed but your R/C still had connection to the Spark. That's not really a problem, just an inconvenience.
Be sure to put your phone into airplane mode, disable Bluetooth too. If you not already have, get yourself an OTG cable, that helps a lot too.

HTH,
Wolferl
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_4erGho8xO53p
New

Brazil

Amigos não estou conseguindo achar sobre esta dúvida. Meu Spark quando ligo ele da a mensagem que necessita de calibração do IMU mais quando tento fazer ele dá o ERROR -71. Alguém pode me auxiliar.

2019-1-14
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

darkfull1 Posted at 1-12 07:50
Probably went into ATTI mode.

I don't think so, because in ATTI mode it does not just hover, it drift like mad and fast.
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_4erGho8xO53p
New

Brazil

djiuser_4erGho8xO53p Posted at 1-14 09:29
Amigos não estou conseguindo achar sobre esta dúvida. Meu Spark quando ligo ele da a mensagem que necessita de calibração do IMU mais quando tento fazer ele dá o ERROR -71. Alguém pode me auxiliar.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Pessoal fica a dica para quem enfrentar este problema. Substituído o IMU e foi resolvido o problema.
2019-1-14
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Daniella3d Posted at 1-14 09:56
I don't think so, because in ATTI mode it does not just hover, it drift like mad and fast.

it depend at what height it was and if there was wind or not
2019-1-14
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

mhm good question...the sensors should detect reflections of the water, that should be the case that it was hovering over the water, make sure that your strongly connected to the spark before you fly
2019-1-14
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

mhm good question...the sensors should detect reflections of the water, that should be the case that it was hovering over the water, make sure that your strongly connected to the spark before you fly
2019-1-14
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Wolferl Posted at 1-13 03:47
HI,

OK, what possibly happened was you lost the video feed but your R/C still had connection to the Spark. That's not really a problem, just an inconvenience.

Agree. At that distance, the aircraft should have landed in place since it was under 30m form home point. Sicne it continued to hover, it must have been video feed issue.  
2019-1-14
Use props
Hani
First Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

62+ Posted at 1-12 07:43
See manual on the RTH of the Spark and many posts regarding this on this forum. It behaved as it should if it was just 10m away. Also look on Youtube.
It is important to know how RTH work.
Welcome to the forum.

As 62+ said. When you engage RTH while the Spark is within less than 20 meters it will not return home, it will hover if it's around 10 meters.

See this info here https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-use-the-djis-return-to-home/
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules