13423 39 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd947f0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113940 ft
Poland

Hi,

Is that true that Ronin-S i not compatible with Nikon Z6 but only Nikon Z7? I tried to use shutter controller with MCC-C (usb-c) cable and nothing works, recording nor focus or zoom.
2019-1-12
Use props
Tebnu Hotep
lvl.2
United States

Has Anyone Answered This Question For You yet? Im Concerned Because i Soon Will Be Investing In The Nikon Z6 Too
2019-1-12
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

They are working on it.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-172944-1-1.html
2019-1-12
Use props
fansd947f0d6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 113940 ft
Poland

Tebnu Hotep Posted at 1-12 16:13
Has Anyone Answered This Question For You yet? Im Concerned Because i Soon Will Be Investing In The Nikon Z6 Too

They are working on this or not. I don't see Z6 in any future compatibility lists they provide, so in my opinion maybe in year or never..
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the Nikon Z6 is not yet compatible with our Ronin-S. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. You may check the link below for camera compatibility. Thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
2019-1-13
Use props
eliptus2018
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 10:46
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that the Nikon Z6 is not yet compatible with our Ronin-S. Please pay attention to our website for further updates. You may check the link below for camera compatibility. Thank you for understanding.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

Save yourself some grief and buy the Weebill. I got sucked in by the DJI hype and am now regretting it... they haven’t even listed the Z6 as something they’re working on in their list. It’s similarities to the Z7 should have made it a no brainer to do both at the same time. Is it any wonder that Nikon didn’t partner with DJI for their film makers kit... they chose Moza instead.
2019-1-16
Use props
djiuser_yytZkA7vEoTu
lvl.1
United States

I bought the ronin s and Nikon z6 shortly after release, I am getting tired of waiting for the compatibility update. Ronin S is a solid built product, but the company seems to be challenged with the ability to promptly respond to changes in the market with cameras and issues with the firmware.  Great product but the company needs to pick up the pace on firmware updates or I’ll be selling my ronin-s for a product and company who can promptly respond.  My suggestion is if you have a Nikon Z6 consider your other options for a gimbal unit until dji releases a firmware update that addresses the compatibility.  As others users have mentioned, there are other gimbal units that are already compatible with the Nikon Z6.  
2019-2-10
Use props
jgracia
lvl.1
Mexico

I have the same problem, I hope to get the update soon as Z6 would be more obvious for video and I do not think it has much difference with Z7.
2019-2-11
Use props
WernerD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

22. Jan. 2019: "WEEBILL LAB Firmware Update: now it is officially compatible with Nikon Z7 & Z6"

https://zhiyun-tech.com/newsDetail/en?id=146

As DJI I would be ashamed for not getting things done in a reasonable amount of time.

2019-2-11
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

WernerD Posted at 2-11 22:57
22. Jan. 2019: "WEEBILL LAB Firmware Update: now it is officially compatible with Nikon Z7 & Z6"

https://zhiyun-tech.com/newsDetail/en?id=146

Thanks for your info, I have both the Z7 and the Z6. I can not wait DJI for my work, I will buy a Zhiyun Crane so I'm sure I do not have any further problems.

Until today, all the answers have been a joke, all the same (cut / paste) and without any indication or any help.

Dear DJI is not a nice way to deal with your "premium" users who buy your products to work.
2019-2-11
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2-11 23:37
Thanks for your info, I have both the Z7 and the Z6. I can not wait DJI for my work, I will buy a Zhiyun Crane so I'm sure I do not have any further problems.

Until today, all the answers have been a joke, all the same (cut / paste) and without any indication or any help.

I will never buy another dji product again.... DJI is the most untrustworthy company i have ever encountered
2019-2-12
Use props
RodrigoSnaps
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 10:46

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Ronin-S/20181119/Ronin-S_Camera_Compatibility_List_20181119.pdf

I have used both the Z7 and Z6 on the ronin and found that the z7 was able to utilize all the functions but the Z6 wasn’t able to do so. My d850 works flawlessly with the ronin s as well but the focus while shooting video isn’t nearly as good as the Z7 or Z6. I’m not certain why they would offer it for one and not the other, doesn’t seem to make much sense.
2019-2-12
Use props
GagamTravel
lvl.1
South Korea

I'm really curious.
When will Z6's firmware update be available?
I can't understand why the previous update was still out in November last year.
2019-2-13
Use props
Imagineimagery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 574797 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Moza Air 2 and Zhiyun Weebill LAB, both work awesome with the Z6, full camera control
2019-2-13
Use props
phili76
lvl.1
Austria

Just saw a firmware update for the Z6 from Nikon. I doubt there will be any changes in it regarding focus or record start.
2019-2-15
Use props
JulianHecker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It is so unbelievable that DJI is not able to make this gimble work for Nikon Z6. Not even an announcement.
2019-2-15
Use props
Dnorton
lvl.2
Ireland

JulianHecker Posted at 2-15 08:54
It is so unbelievable that DJI is not able to make this gimble work for Nikon Z6. Not even an announcement.

time for all Nikon owners of the ronin s to demand our money back
2019-2-21
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Any news??????
2019-2-21
Use props
MarcelMartinez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 333077 ft
United States

@DJI get on the ball please... there are a lot of nikon Z6 owners waiting for this that are not going to wait anymore and switch systems. A lot easier to switch a gimbal rather then camera systems.
2019-2-22
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Wait for a major firmware update coming within the next couple weeks.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, the post in 20# is from our engineers, we are working on the compatibility between Ronin-S and Nikon Z6, appreciate your patience. If you still have any further concern, please keep me updated, I will transfer to our engineers, thanks.
2019-2-24
Use props
Montivette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1217756 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was ready to purchase soon and deciding on where to order Moza Air 2.  Due to this thread I will wait two weeks stated by DJI to see whether promise of support on Z6 occurs and what level of support it has compared to other Gimbals. Then make a decision. If not available as promised I will be getting Moza Air 2.  I imagine lack of support for Z6 has already lost many sales for DJI due to people choosing other lower priced gimbals which at least have some basic support for the Z6.  The longer it takes to support Z6 the more sales they will lose. Hopefully for DJI when support occurs there are some Z6 owners left whom have not bought competitor gimbals.    On a positive note the new Ronin S essentials at lower price perhaps might have been a good decision by DJI to give them a gimbal at similar price point to others which people consider to be comparable to Ronin S.  
2019-2-28
Use props
Electrophobia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100961 ft
Australia

So we must be getting close to elusive firmware update to make the z 6 compatible?????
2019-3-6
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

From previous release dates: 6.28, 7.19, 8.30, 9.20, 11.19, 11.29, I guess it will be on 3.9 this Friday.
2019-3-6
Use props
phili76
lvl.1
Austria

Its really disappointing when I read an article about the weebill lab that it is able to control Start stop, focusing, aperture and iso. Now. Without a firmware update from Nikon.
It's not enough to produce decent hardware, software has to be also working.
2019-3-6
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

DJI-Paul Posted at 2-24 22:32
Wait for a major firmware update coming within the next couple weeks.

So, more than two weeks have passed ... do you have any news?
2019-3-13
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I also would like to know any updates. I should place the order for the Z6 within two weeks.
2019-3-13
Use props
ToscanaDrone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Italy

Just updated the iOS app with notes about 1.8.0.70 firmware...
2019-3-13
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And new firmware is out now incl. support for Z6
2019-3-13
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 3-13 11:11
Just updated the iOS app with notes about 1.8.0.70 firmware...

I updated the iOS app ronin dji pro to 1.1.8 but see no notes about firmware. Google search also turns up nothing. Where does the 1.0.0.70 come from?

There is a update for mac software dji pro assistant for ronin. I updated that one. Still no notes about firmware.
2019-3-13
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

kazcow Posted at 3-13 23:02
And new firmware is out now incl. support for Z6

Why google search turn up nothing and there no release note etc. in our download page?
2019-3-13
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

release notes are 35 minutes old

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D531%26typeid%3D531

2019-3-13
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

mavicroninz6 Posted at 3-13 23:07
I updated the iOS app ronin dji pro to 1.1.8 but see no notes about firmware. Google search also turns up nothing. Where does the 1.0.0.70 come from?

There is a update for mac software dji pro assistant for ronin. I updated that one. Still no notes about firmware.

Sorry just found it in the app release note. Will try to upgrade.
2019-3-13
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mavicroninz6 Posted at 3-13 23:08
Why google search turn up nothing and there no release note etc. in our download page?

and google search is fast but not that fast - Google will take usually anywhere from 2 hours to a week to show firmware update search results.  Many different factors determine the speed of which google finds things.
2019-3-13
Use props
mavicroninz6
lvl.2
United States

kazcow Posted at 3-13 23:09
release notes are 35 minutes old

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=183773&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D531%26typeid%3D531

Got it. Thanks!
2019-3-13
Use props
Arank-MA
lvl.4
United States

Any feedback about how the Ronin and Nikon Z6 are working after the update please ?
2019-4-3
Use props
gregtwemlow.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140643 ft
Australia

Arank-MA Posted at 4-3 13:18
Any feedback about how the Ronin and Nikon Z6 are working after the update please ?

My Z6 and Ronin S are working fine. You will need the MCCC type C cable. The shutter release and half press for focus works both for stills and video. I dont have the follow focus so not sure about that functionality.
2019-4-3
Use props
kerberos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

gregtwemlow.gmail Posted at 4-3 14:46
My Z6 and Ronin S are working fine. You will need the MCCC type C cable. The shutter release and half press for focus works both for stills and video. I dont have the follow focus so not sure about that functionality.

The problem comes when you need to use an external recorder/monitor, that is crucial for many of us and at the moment doesn't work at all in video mode.
2019-4-4
Use props
gardenerSEO
lvl.1
South Korea

Hi.  Ronin-S campatible with Z6, focus, recording stop,start and camera creative.  Focus controll can use on AF-C and AF-S, AF-F and Zoom can not do it.
2019-6-5
Use props
JP LEE
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2019-2-24 23:19
Hi all, the post in 20# is from our engineers, we are working on the compatibility between Ronin-S and Nikon Z6, appreciate your patience. If you still have any further concern, please keep me updated, I will transfer to our engineers, thanks.

Please can you reply with a definitive answer as to whether the Ronin S is compatible with Nikon Z6 or not? I keep asking but you just ignore.
2020-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules