Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

the video is not speed up
i wonder was it me or did it really hit him

2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day SAADHERO. Thank you for sharing this incredible video you have shot with your DJI Spark. I hope that your DJI Spark is fine and no birds were harmed. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 10:40
Hello and good day SAADHERO. Thank you for sharing this incredible video you have shot with your DJI Spark. I hope that your DJI Spark is fine and no birds were harmed. Have a safe and happy flying always.

i hope so i wanted a nice shot no animals harmed hopefully
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

SAADHERO Posted at 1-12 10:41
i hope so i wanted a nice shot no animals harmed hopefully

You shot a amazing video SAADHERO. Great work.
2019-1-12
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Lot of birds against one drone! Nice footage
2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

nixuspix Posted at 1-12 12:01
Lot of birds against one drone! Nice footage

they saw it alone and ganged on it xD
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

It would probably be better to fly with the propeller guard if you are going to try something like that, just in case it would hit a bird. Those propeller could probably kill a bird fast. At least with propeller guard it would be safer. It does look like the drone hit one of the bird but if you did not see the bird fall down then I guess it was fine.
2019-1-12
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wow,  incredible video footage Saadhero !!!! It does look like one might have ran into the spark. Thanks for sharing.
2019-1-12
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Pigeons formation fly like that.  I doubt they were even aware of the Spark.  Pretty fun video!
2019-1-12
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Awesome! I don't think the spark hit the bird but the bird might have passed very close to your spark and the spark moved because of the airflow.
2019-1-12
Use props
ChArl!3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

safe flying!
2019-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool footage
2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

darkfull1 Posted at 1-12 17:42
Awesome! I don't think the spark hit the bird but the bird might have passed very close to your spark and the spark moved because of the airflow.

thx everyone =)

Dark i dont know as the prop seems to have a bit of scuffing at the edges and i change my props every 130km roughly if not damaged
2019-1-13
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wow that is cool!
2019-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ooops......
Lucky you
2019-1-13
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

Montfrooij Posted at 1-13 11:07
Ooops......
Lucky you

was a scary stunt lol
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Ouch, is you drone ok?
2019-1-13
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

Master. Posted at 1-13 16:39
Ouch, is you drone ok?

just the props are damaged a bit
2019-1-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SAADHERO Posted at 1-13 14:37
was a scary stunt lol

Yes, I can imagine
2019-1-13
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182215 ft
United Kingdom

I've had too many close shaves with birds. You are braver than me. I would have avoided those birds myself. A friend of mine lost his MAvic Air to a gull it's more common than you think!
2019-1-14
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I've had too many close shaves with birds. You are braver than me. I would have avoided those birds myself. A friend of mine lost his MAvic Air to a gull it's more common than you think!
2019-1-14
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 1-14 04:38

i know that the stunt is risky now even more lol
ill stop as i got a good shot and gull was following my drone few min later

i increased my height and went his way he ran off someone told me if a birds sees a bird upove him its predator and he is the pray
2019-1-15
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SAADHERO Posted at 1-15 00:22
i know that the stunt is risky now even more lol
ill stop as i got a good shot and gull was following my drone few min later

Hahah very much so!! I fear birds and especially near water i've had many close shaves with gulls especially in breeding season!! Pigeons are less aggressive though!
Oh I didnt know that.... TRouble is with a Little white spark seagulls dont see it as a threat no matter what height i am!!

2019-1-15
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 1-15 02:09
Hahah very much so!! I fear birds and especially near water i've had many close shaves with gulls especially in breeding season!! Pigeons are less aggressive though!
Oh I didnt know that.... TRouble is with a Little white spark seagulls dont see it as a threat no matter what height i am!!

the best thing u can do is A ascend as birds have harder time flying up at 90 degress or sharp angle vs diving down at sharp angle and going toward them can scare them

imagine if u put a small animal infront of size of a hand and it starts running toward u and it has loud sound such as spark in sport u will be scared vs when its running away

and birds glide so a sharp turn is tough too so going up and turning sharply
2019-1-15
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SAADHERO Posted at 1-15 02:37
the best thing u can do is A ascend as birds have harder time flying up at 90 degress or sharp angle vs diving down at sharp angle and going toward them can scare them

imagine if u put a small animal infront of size of a hand and it starts running toward u and it has loud sound such as spark in sport u will be scared vs when its running away

Good advice there i would say! Going up as fast as possible is definitley best, I will apply that rule next time i'm anywhere near gulls again!! After my mate lost his Mavic Air to the sea because of a bird i'm even more nervous!!!

Safe flying
2019-1-15
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

WilfredSparkman 0 Posted at 1-15 02:52
Good advice there i would say! Going up as fast as possible is definitley best, I will apply that rule next time i'm anywhere near gulls again!! After my mate lost his Mavic Air to the sea because of a bird i'm even more nervous!!!   

Safe flying

Your friend loss of his drone sucks hopefully this does not happen again to him or u or any drone pilot

and becarful of gull they are the A$sH0les of the sky sadly lol
2019-1-15
Use props
WilfredSparkman 0
Second Officer
United Kingdom

SAADHERO Posted at 1-15 03:46
Your friend loss of his drone sucks hopefully this does not happen again to him or u or any drone pilot

and becarful of gull they are the A$sH0les of the sky sadly lol

Yeah luckily he managed to get it back as the water wasn't too deep!!! And he was insured....

hahahah YES they really are!!!!!

2019-1-15
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Birds are better at flying than we are. If there was contact, it's because the pigeon wanted to. Of course, he might not have thought about propellers.

Cool video!
2019-1-15
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

I got a little dizzy watching that one!
2019-1-15
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

Cool footage but I'm of the opinion that we should leave nature alone where possible.  Flying wide of the birds while staying out of their flight path would probably be good operating guidelines for drone operators.  Reduces the chance of collision etc...  

2019-1-15
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

Tentoes Posted at 1-15 08:09
Birds are better at flying than we are. If there was contact, it's because the pigeon wanted to. Of course, he might not have thought about propellers.

Cool video!

Props are hard to see vs the drone
they tried to but touched the props while doing it
they are good at flying but drone is unpredictable
2019-1-16
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

ajmckay Posted at 1-15 21:21
Cool footage but I'm of the opinion that we should leave nature alone where possible.  Flying wide of the birds while staying out of their flight path would probably be good operating guidelines for drone operators.  Reduces the chance of collision etc...

i wanted to do a shot of chasing them but they went my way things went south lol i moved slowly so am predictable to them and they can avoid me and then chased them
what i did is wrong but i got what i want now so no need to do it again and ill be more careful
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules