Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to brake Dji Mavic 2 Pro Max Altitude 500m ?
1234Next >
21955 133 1-12 10:40
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azim Khan Ronnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 826847 ft
Bangladesh

I want to fly my Dji Mavic 2 pro over 500m altitude. Please let me know how ?
1-12 10:40
Use props
edeone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

I would be interested too. even if it is forbidden in most countries.
1-12 11:25
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
First Officer
Flight distance : 496867 ft
United Kingdom

Do the countries you are planning to fly in legally allow you to fly at that altitude or higher?
1-12 13:16
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1049770 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It's not legal, don't do it is the simple answer.
1-12 13:44
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 258484 ft
United Kingdom

Great, another idiot trying to get the hobby totally banned.
1-12 13:56
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
1-12 14:22
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello and good day. You can set the Max Flight Altitude on the Main Controller Settings, the range is 20 to 500 meters, the default setting is 120 meters. If you need to fly beyond 120m, you need to agree on the agreement to the change the settings. And the max altitude enabled is 500 meters Above Ground Level ( AGL ), and you are not able to exceed this limit. Hope it helps. Thank you.
1-12 14:30
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
First Officer
United Kingdom

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-12 14:22
There are times and places where that is perfectly legal.
Google "nolimitdronez".

Luckily, it is now nearly impossible to hack the limit afaik.
1-12 15:10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 3423337 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's really not that hard to follow the rules. If you want to fly higher become a airline pilot.
1-12 15:28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 4199094 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-12 14:22
There are times and places where that is perfectly legal.
Google "nolimitdronez".

Maybe you might tell us where it’s legal to fly a dji drone above 500 metres, noflylimits is a site for hacking drones.
1-12 15:38
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

1-12 16:16
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

1-12 16:22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-12 16:22
There are times the powers at be go too far. I can't even start my props inside my house. If it takes something like that to allow me to do something I have the right to do then so be it.
Please don't give me flack about flying inside the house. I've heard all about the gps, ect... I have no problems. I need practice as I am goint to use it in real estate work.
I am surely not going to endager any air traffic even with a flyaway...

Maybe take that up with the powers that be, you say you want to fly commercially, I’m certain to start with hacking your drone will not be a good start and something that could cause you to lose any license you have.
If your really interested in getting your license I suggest you go find a suitable place to learn how to fly, just like we all had to, whinging because you live in a NFZ is no excuse, many drone flyers travel distances to learn to fly their drones and do it within the rules .

It is your drone it’s your choice whether you break the rules but I’m sure there will be consequences for both yourself and other drone users.
1-12 16:52
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 4747641 ft
Iceland

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 14:30
Hello and good day. You can set the Max Flight Altitude on the Main Controller Settings, the range is 20 to 500 meters, the default setting is 120 meters. If you need to fly beyond 120m, you need to agree on the agreement to the change the settings. And the max altitude enabled is 500 meters Above Ground Level ( AGL ), and you are not able to exceed this limit. Hope it helps. Thank you.

DJI Stephen you should correct your answer.
Dji max flight altitude is based on take off point NOT AGL.

1-12 17:48
Use props
Brett Brandon
Second Officer
United States

1-12 21:48
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 543432 ft
Japan

Why would  you do that? Over 500m there's nothing visible from the camera view,  all what you see will be a kind of  Google Earth image, and moreover even reaching to 500m you putting your drone at very high risk. at such altitude wind speed could be too strong to handle,  so suggest to forget fly at ridiculous high and fly within the safe limit.
1-13 00:59
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2771453 ft
Latvia

Come on guys, we are just speculating about "what if" nothing more. I do hope we all follow the rules as such is mandatory in modern society
1-13 01:48
Use props
Aerial-Image
Captain
Flight distance : 843829 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't 500m is the max...
1-13 02:35
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-12 21:48
Just to make this clear, I follow the FAA rules. The FAA has no jurisdiction inside my house. I would love to fly outside (and could when I purchased the drone) but I am about a mile out from a runway. Mind you it is the little one of two at a small regional airport with an occasional single engine plane. But I don't fly outside here. In the ten years that I have been here there has never been an aircraft within hundreds of feet above me. And with that, I can't even fly 30 feet over the pond and land behind the house.
I purchased this drone for real estate and nature photography. Come to find out that drones aren't allowed most all the places I wanted to photograph. In reality, theres almost nowhere drones are allowed to fly. Even the local RC club don't seem to like drones.
And to think, if I had bought the Parrot Anafi instead, I wouldn't be told I can't fly in the house by my own drone.....

I never said or made any assumption you had hacked your drone, maybe read what I said first.
1-13 02:42
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I am sure that some one has taken a DJI Mavic drone to 7,000 feet I am sure I saw a youtube video of it.   As noted above it looked like Google Earth.   Another one I saw was gong through cloud to see the view above the clouds. Just like in any commercial airline flight. .   

Apart from it not being legal in most places the videos seemed fairly pointless.
1-13 03:22
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 4622680 ft

Spain

I think that so far you can’t hack the mavic 2 to remove the altitude limit.
If you get nolimitdronez then you can remove the altitude limit on the spark and the mavic pro, also the inspire 2.
I think that later on you will be also able to hack the mavic 2, but not yet.

Fly safely
Alex
1-13 03:46
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Read the rules man https://www.uavsystemsinternatio ... gladesh-drone-laws/
1-13 03:53
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum Azim Khan Ronnie!
1-13 03:54
Use props
Azim Khan Ronnie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 826847 ft
Bangladesh

Thanks to all. Understood.
1-13 10:56
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 4622680 ft

Spain

Bangladesh is limited to 60 meters top altitude! That’s a bit low in my respect

Fly safely
Alex
1-13 16:47
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
First Officer
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 1-13 16:47
Bangladesh is limited to 60 meters top altitude! That’s a bit low in my respect

Fly safely

Nop. Perfectly fair.

Folks are much smaller there.
1-14 00:32
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
Flight distance : 9931358 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Stand on a 500 meter high mountain, start it up, then travel down to the foot of the mountain very quickly.  You can now fly 1000 meters AGL

1-14 07:26
Use props
HH1
First Officer
Flight distance : 12356 ft
United States

I lost my drone at 5000 feet, isn't that SUPER hahahaha.   (JUST KIDDING If we take the time to familiarize ourselves with the rules that cover the costly investment that we so enjoy flying, then we will do as we feel correct, and if involved in other activities, then we will also experience what results from that..  It's way easier to go along with the rules, which according to those that make those rules, were made for good reasons.  I have wondered while watching the videos that others have put here for enjoyment, why so many fly so high, of course you get a wider and longer view, but you also see that view get smaller.  I enjoy the videos some of you have done so well, but I also like to see some motion of something I have an idea of what it is, rather than a speck.  Just my humble point of view, but I am a new kid on the block.
1-16 11:45
Use props
trinc
lvl.1

Norway

Seriously, that's totally annoying. I almost bought a mavic pro 2. But with that limitation it basically kills all my use cases. I am based in Norway, meaning lots of mountainous terrain and steep slopes. Would be highly interesting for shooting footage of freeride skiing and mountaineers. Regulation says 120m AGL, nothing about altitude of starting point. So I could perfectly legally realise my use cases, while climbing more than 500m but still maintaing maximum 120m AGL. Apart from the fact that I am of the opinion that laws need to be followed by humans in their decision-making, and not by technical measures (sure, you could put electric fence gates at every pedestrian crossing, which only unlock and de-energise when pedestrians have green light - but is that a reasonable solution to enforce the law?), this 500m limitation is simply not compliant with the law. If anything, it would need to refer to real AGL altitude, and not starting altitude.   Also, I would expect DJI to clearly notify customers on the limitatoin in the specs - unless I have overlooked something there is no such notification. Disappointed now - I see this as a product fail, as with a view to my envisaged use cases there is neither a legal reason for such restriction, nor can it contribute anything to personal safety in the Norwegian wilderness...
3-17 12:11
Use props
*DM*
First Officer
United Kingdom

NLD are working on it but to no avail yet. Not sure if they can hack it.

Whilst I would not condone flying over the altitude limit I understand folks that can't even start their purchases anymore at home due to ever increasing NFZ's. I also get the case of the chap above. The hight limit should be a constant, even if you fly up a mountain. - No airline will fly that close to one!

Let's hope NLD will have support for the M2 soon even if I personally have no need for it.
3-18 00:34
Use props
BrianKushner
First Officer
Flight distance : 1917769 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't. Get an Autel Evo
3-18 10:22
Use props
fans8a5ed5cf
lvl.1
United States

Woe Posted at 1-12 15:28
It's really not that hard to follow the rules. If you want to fly higher become a airline pilot.

Sorry but,  what a stupid answer...!!!
Iv'e got field glasses to watch the moon... But I wish I could see it closser... Answer: Just become an astronaut... Same stupid answer...!!!
4-21 07:29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 3423337 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8a5ed5cf Posted at 4-21 07:29
Iv'e got field glasses to watch the moon... But I wish I could see it closser... Answer: Just become an astronaut... Same stupid answer...!!!

Sorry but not sorry. But your stupid. So sick of people looking for ways to break the
rules and come here for justification. Read up on the rules and you wouldn't have to ask
stupid question. Soon you'll be the next one crying because you did something stupid and
lost you drone.
4-21 16:28
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simple Answer: Get a Predator/Global Hawk UAV or just become a pilot. sUAS are designed to be low altitude aircraft and nothing more. Sorry to burst OP's bubble, but thats the law of the sky.
4-21 17:19
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
First Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8a5ed5cf Posted at 4-21 07:29

Actually, theres a thing called a telescope. It uses mirrors and optics to bring far away objects closer to you. Besides, I dont see how his answer is unreasonable, considering as I said in a comment below that quadcopters are designed as low altitude aircraft. But if you really did want to go above 500m AGL, there are waivers for part 107 pilots but even then there are limits based on FAA regulation and the overall structure of the National Airspace. Also, being an airline pilot is a pretty well paying job, with a median salary of 102,520 USD. Have a nice day.
4-21 17:26
Use props
fansa9c1b57d
New

Norway

I am an airline pilot (captain on the 737). Now, how do I fly higher than 500 meters ?
4-22 06:50
Use props
M Stuart K
First Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-12 13:56
Great, another idiot trying to get the hobby totally banned.

Why  did you call this person an idiot?  Totally uncalled for!
4-22 11:40
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

I believe stupid behaviors like that will get drones banned for good pretty soon... thank you very much.
4-23 02:57
Use props
viktor lindholm
New

Cambodia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 14:30
Hello and good day. You can set the Max Flight Altitude on the Main Controller Settings, the range is 20 to 500 meters, the default setting is 120 meters. If you need to fly beyond 120m, you need to agree on the agreement to the change the settings. And the max altitude enabled is 500 meters Above Ground Level ( AGL ), and you are not able to exceed this limit. Hope it helps. Thank you.

My drone says max height limit reached if i try to fly it from the ground at above 500m above sea level, so i can basicly hover 3 feet off the ground with max height limit reached.

Thats why i need to turn it off.
4-27 20:44
Use props
zappy54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 381729 ft
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 4-23 02:57
I believe stupid behaviors like that will get drones banned for good pretty soon... thank you very much.

Why Humans been driving over the speed limits since motors existed make no different with flying Humans will still break the limits so no mater what you say or anyone els welcome the the real world
4-28 00:49
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules