Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Accessory Mount & a Lanyard
916 7 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrins
lvl.4
United States

I’m wondering if you think it’s possible to use the accessory mount as a place to also connect a lanyard. I know if I just use the mount hole that will work, but maybe I can use the mount to connect to a holder and place the lanyard somewhere else. I don’t know, maybe through a side in the door. Or maybe just use one of the mount holes and still be able to fit it into the holder, like my GoPro handlebar mount. Any ideas? BTW, I do see on Amazon and eBay a piece that slips on the bottom to attach a lanyard but it doesn’t seem safe. It seems like it has the potential of falling off.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day darrins. Thank you for sharing this idea with us today. Actually, there is a possibility that this accessories ( a lanyard ) will work. However, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the safety and stability of the said accessories if this will work with no fault all the time while using it. Thank you for understanding and for your support.
2019-1-12
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

Well, I just purchased the accessory mount and DJI Store and will give it a try. Either way it will get use even if it isn’t practical for the lanyard.
2019-1-12
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
Germany

Other than the holes on the back were you mount the GoPro attachment there isnt really anywere to connect it and you obviously cant put it in its case with the mount on.
2019-1-12
Use props
darrins
lvl.4
United States

The Rev Posted at 1-12 11:49
Other than the holes on the back were you mount the GoPro attachment there isnt really anywere to connect it and you obviously cant put it in its case with the mount on.

I purchased a hood cover for the lens on Amazon since I like keeping the Controller Wheel connected. So I dont think I’ll be using the case anymore. And I’ll get a glass screen protector for the screen. I guess I’ll see if by attaching a lanyard to one of the back holes, the mount will still fit in my handlebar mount. I hope so.

2019-1-12
Use props
Essjay
lvl.3
United Kingdom

darrins Posted at 1-12 11:55
I purchased a hood cover for the lens on Amazon since I like keeping the Controller Wheel connected. So I dont think I’ll be using the case anymore. And I’ll get a glass screen protector for the screen. I guess I’ll see if by attaching a lanyard to one of the back holes, the mount will still fit in my handlebar mount. I hope so.

I thought about using a hood cover for the lens, but what happens if you accidentally turn on the camera with the hood connected?. Surely this is likely to put too much strain on the gimbal motors and eventually failure.
2019-1-13
Use props
kburn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 435640 ft
Australia

Essjay Posted at 1-13 11:00
I thought about using a hood cover for the lens, but what happens if you accidentally turn on the camera with the hood connected?. Surely this is likely to put too much strain on the gimbal motors and eventually failure.

It doesn't. The OSMO realizes this during the test turns and sends a warning to the screen. Motors are cut off before the strain. Screen will say Gimbal protected, tap to continue (After it is freed)
2019-1-13
Use props
txtechnonerd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175075 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've thought about printing this accessory https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3331900, so if you've got access to a 3D printer...maybe you'd want to do the same.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules