Lost video signal - no recordings
892 2 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RayZorFist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64793 ft
United States

So I got a chance to take the refurbed replacement Mavic out for a spin today at a local "park." It's mostly just frozen swamp.

I did a couple filghts and was recording video for the entire time. Or so I thought.

A minute or so after takeoff the video signal to the controller froze and I had no POV to help me know where I was. I just dealt with that but since I had started a recording I figured I'd see what I recorded after.

Nope.

In each case when the video signal to the controller froze the video stops. What I see as the last frame in the video is what was frozen on the controller (DJI Go4 app screen).

I have LOTS of room on the SD card. The DJI Go 4 app said 4+ hours of capacity remaining.

The farthest distance from me to the Mavic was about 350 feet. I've flown further away with no issue on a different Mavic.

Any ideas?

Running the very latest firmware on everything and latest app in iPhone 10.

I'm VERY disappointed about this.

Thanks,
TJ

frozen swamp

frozen swamp
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about happened to your drone. May we know the mobile device that you're using? Is this the first time that you encounter this concern? Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? Did you manage to check in a different location to isolate the situation?  Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-13
Use props
RayZorFist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64793 ft
United States

A follow-up post.

I took the Mavic Pro out for another test run today,

I got about 15 minutes of video footage today. That's the good news. I flew about 200 ft high at one point (directly overhead) and at one point during the same flight the furthest distance was about 470ft away at a height of about 15 ft AGL.

I landed at one point because the aircraft was displaying an incorrect height (altitude) so I wanted to reset that. I stopped recording and started again.

I got about a minute into that next flight and the video froze.

When I reviewed the footage from the SD card I noticed the video looked real shaky just before it froze. The other flight was smooth as silk the entire flight and the second flight was smooth right up until the video froze.

Could this be any way related to a full cache issue I have seen mentioned on various forums including this one. I've seen people stating their video does not record if the local cache on the mobile device gets full.

To reiterate for DJI Tony - latest firmware on ALL devices - latest DJI Go 4 app on iPhone 10 running iOS 12. Shooting 4k/24 video. 128GM SD card with over 100GB free space.

This is a refurb unit that I received after having a gimbal issue fixed on my original aircraft with 90 minutes flight time on it. Admittedly still a bit cranky about that.

I have encountered this freezing of the video several times yesterday and again today. I got basically 3 minutes of footage yesterday and flew for 40 minutes, recording the entire time but nothing actually recorded to the SD card after the video freeze on the app display.

Aircraft was maybe 50 feet from me when video froze today with clear line of sight. Last frame on the video is again the same frozen image I saw on the app screen.

All flight logs are synced with DJI.

There is only one very narrow location where I can legally fly nearby that is just outside the 5 mile radius of two airports on either side of me.

Any help with this issue is appreciated.

Cheers!
TJ
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules