Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery falls to %0 from %50 and starts landing
3129 26 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CandasPoroy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101552 ft

Turkey

Hey to everyone reading this.

I’m having serious issues with my battery. I have combo set and two of my batteries are getting directly to %0 when they are %40 or %50. When this happens  (with saying “Critically Low Voltage Warning”) drone starts landing with no cancel option. I was lucky that at the first time, it didn’t happen on water, i had the chance to catch the drone with a very fast run at the edge of a cliff.

It happenned a while ago and even one of my batteries has 0 blink and nothing happens when i put it into charge.
At least the other one blinks. So, it goes from %50 to %0 and when i put it to charge, it starts charging from third blink. So actually half of it is still full.

Also i can’t do hardreset because it goes to %0 from 40 or 50 percent.

(Battery cycles are around 15 and i bought my MA combo in june 2018)

Does anyone have any suggestion?
2019-1-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Couple things:

1. Post some logs of flights that had these battery errors and issues for us to examine if it’s a software issue incorrectly reading things or a bad cell in the pack just to figure out the root of the issue.

2. You can try to do a Dull discharge.. charge the batteries up then Put them in the drone idle turned on and just let the drone and not even fly or hover until it dies... this will take a long time to deplete.. then recharge it and see if it fixes the issue because sometimes (rarely)  the computer in the batteries may not be accurately monitoring things and this can reset it by giving it a gentle discharge curve with no sudden voltage drops that happen during flying to recalibrate from.
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day CandasPoroy. We are sorry to know this concern about your DJI Mavic Air. Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? If yes, please try to perform a refresh on the the firmware of your DJI  Mavic Air using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Please ensure that you're using your current battery that has a problem. You may refer to the link below for you to download the latest firmware of the DJI Mavic Air. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2019-1-12
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-12 13:36
Couple things:

1. Post some logs of flights that had these battery errors and issues for us to examine if it’s a software issue incorrectly reading things or a bad cell in the pack just to figure out the root of the issue.

1- couldn’t find any way to post my log here from phone (i’m controlling my drone with iphone7). And i don’t have any computer with me as i’m in the middle of a trip which will take 8-9 months more.

2- absolutely gonna try this today and write here the result.

Thanks so much.
2019-1-13
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 13:45
Hello and good day CandasPoroy. We are sorry to know this concern about your DJI Mavic Air. Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? If yes, please try to perform a refresh on the the firmware of your DJI  Mavic Air using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Please ensure that you're using your current battery that has a problem. You may refer to the link below for you to download the latest firmware of the DJI Mavic Air. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

Thanks Stephen.

I always keep drone and batteries updated. (I update from my phone)
I’m in the middle of a trip now. So i’ll try a refresh update with assistance as soon as i find a pc.

Thanks for advice. I’ll keep u updated.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

CandasPoroy Posted at 1-13 09:18
Thanks Stephen.

I always keep drone and batteries updated. (I update from my phone)

You are very much welcome CandasPoroy. Please keep us posted on the said issue and if you have any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you.
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CandasPoroy Posted at 1-13 09:13
1- couldn’t find any way to post my log here from phone (i’m controlling my drone with iphone7). And i don’t have any computer with me as i’m in the middle of a trip which will take 8-9 months more.

2- absolutely gonna try this today and write here the result.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips ... logs-from-itunes.29

i do not know if there is a better way.  i hope dji adds a method to share the log files via email or something from within the app one day so much easier to locate logs and submit them to the forum to review and examination
2019-1-13
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-12 13:36
Couple things:

Just did no.2

I put the fully charged battery to drone and let it on till it dies. I watched the battery leds and it seemed all ok turning off one by one (even it took 90 minutes to die). For a moment i was happy that i said “yeap, that’s ok”

So, after ten minutes i connected battery to charger and it started with second led..! like it’s already over %25.

Don’t know what to do.
One battery is already garbage with no led. This second may be not but i can’t trust flying with this battery.
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CandasPoroy Posted at 1-13 11:36
Just did no.2

I put the fully charged battery to drone and let it on till it dies. I watched the battery leds and it seemed all ok turning off one by one (even it took 90 minutes to die). For a moment i was happy that i said “yeap, that’s ok”

thats normal that starts blinking LED 1 and 2 at start of charging, mine do this too.. i reported the issue to dji before but seems to fallen on deaf ears like most of the things. with the mavic air.. it feels like dji is leaving the mavic air to die a silent death.  but thats completely normal and fine..     for next few flights be gentle.. i would say for atleast 5 -10 cycles of the battery dont to sport mode or ranged runs just so the pack gets to know itself and your happy with it

as for 1 buttary no LEDs when plug it in to charge and wont turn on..  have to warranty that battery.. that battery is disabled itself likely cuz of a bad cell or something, these batteries disable themselves if they are dangerous like severaly low power or over powered cell heat damage or something
2019-1-13
Use props
Masterp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

What is the temperature outside when you are flying? If it's too low, it could happen.
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Masterp Posted at 1-13 12:28
What is the temperature outside when you are flying? If it's too low, it could happen.

not likely.. .. possible maybe.   but unlikely.   

but i flown in the cold many times, -10C and below even in such temperature the battery will warm itself up from internal resistance and power being ripped out of it by the motors running.       i even had my battery get to sub zero before and it didn't drop all of its power suddenly from any percentage to 0%.  it did shorten my flight time  a bit though
2019-1-13
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-13 11:53
thats normal that starts blinking LED 1 and 2 at start of charging, mine do this too.. i reported the issue to dji before but seems to fallen on deaf ears like most of the things. with the mavic air.. it feels like dji is leaving the mavic air to die a silent death.  but thats completely normal and fine..     for next few flights be gentle.. i would say for atleast 5 -10 cycles of the battery dont to sport mode or ranged runs just so the pack gets to know itself and your happy with it

i found a computer and searched how to share log.
I hope i did it right.

Here!
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

CandasPoroy Posted at 1-13 12:59
i found a computer and searched how to share log.
I hope i did it right.

https://app.airdata.com/share/BzixZx/POWERBattery_Cells  

looks like very large cell voltage deviation.. you can see several times where cell 1 is hitting sub 3 volts, thats critically low power for lithium batteries.
best solution for you if returning and getting a replacement isnt possible or easy is to cycle the batteries gently a few times and fly gently a few times..if the issue still exists you may have no option other than contacting DJI's p*ss poor customer servicemand tryign to get them to warrenty it or replace it
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-13 12:56
not likely.. .. possible maybe.   but unlikely.   

but i flown in the cold many times, -10C and below even in such temperature the battery will warm itself up from internal resistance and power being ripped out of it by the motors running.       i even had my battery get to sub zero before and it didn't drop all of its power suddenly from any percentage to 0%.  it did shorten my flight time  a bit though

If you fly below -10C, DJI will possibly deny your warranty if your drone fell from the sky. Be careful, pay attention to the voltage of your battery.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
United States

By the way, which drone are you using? The mavic pro or air. I heard several people complained about they have the same issue on the mavic air.
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:10
If you fly below -10C, DJI will possibly deny your warranty if your drone fell from the sky. Be careful, pay attention to the voltage of your battery.

i dont care for dji poor excuse for customer service..they deny you even if it was their fault if they prove it was even half 1% your fault they deny you.   

i have state farm insurance on my drone (PAP), they do 1 better than DJi, cut me a check for the full initial price i paid for my drone with no deductible and no questions..
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:11
By the way, which drone are you using? The mavic pro or air. I heard several people complained about they have the same issue on the mavic air.

look at the log he posted, mavic air.    and yes the mavic air's battery system is underpowered i think.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-13 13:12
i dont care for dji poor excuse for customer service..they deny you even if it was their fault if they prove it was even half 1% your fault they deny you.   

i have state farm insurance on my drone (PAP), they do 1 better than DJi, cut me a check for the full initial price i paid for my drone with no deductible and no questions..

Hey, they are DJI.
2019-1-13
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

Masterp Posted at 1-13 12:28

It was always above 10 degrees (50F)
2019-1-14
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

The flightlog shows a batt temp at start of 17 degrees, at the end 31 degrees.
Cell number 1 is loosing its voltage, see the charts.

My advice is to get advice form DJI about this battery / flight.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis3.png
2019-1-14
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

Hello and good day CandasPoroy. We are sorry to know this concern about your DJI Mavic Air. Did you manage to update the firmware of your aircraft? If yes, please try to perform a refresh on the the firmware of your DJI  Mavic Air using the DJI Assistant 2 to see if there will be changes. Please ensure that you're using your current battery that has a problem. You may refer to the link below for you to download the latest firmware of the DJI Mavic Air. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

Hey Stephen,

ı tried discharging as the way  @HereForTheBeer said.
i tried to reupdate as u said.

All firmwares are updated and the problem still continues.

Here's last try. This time it died to 0 from %40.

https://app.airdata.com/share/UKbmHo

2019-1-15
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

JJBspark Posted at 1-14 04:46
Hi,

The flightlog shows a batt temp at start of 17 degrees, at the end 31 degrees.

Hey,

I think i'm very bad at reading charts, i can't read anything : )

But thank you so so much for your time and help.
2019-1-15
Use props
Speedbird84
lvl.2
Flight distance : 307762 ft
Belgium

Hi folks,

Had the same issue yesterday. Battery dropped from 54% to 0% in about one second.
Everything was updated and calibrated.
It is a new mavic air with new battery (1 charge).
I was able to land the drone with no damage.
When he was at the ground I checked the cell voltage and they were all at 3.8V
2019-1-16
Use props
CandasPoroy
lvl.1

Turkey

Are you going to answer?

I bought combo but i can use only one battery for no reason!!!
2019-1-29
Use props
Orty
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2060 ft
United Kingdom

Speedbird84 Posted at 1-16 11:30
Hi folks,

Had the same issue yesterday. Battery dropped from 54% to 0% in about one second.

I had exactly the same issue with my MA. Only second time out from new!
56% to 0% then Critical warning followed by landing approx 70 mts away from start point.
Contacted support a few days ago but no reply as yet.
Stillnew to all this but learning
2019-2-1
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Master. Posted at 1-13 13:11
By the way, which drone are you using? The mavic pro or air. I heard several people complained about they have the same issue on the mavic air.

It looks like the take off battery charge is the reason for many of failure.
If people take off with half charged battery you cant expect it to behave like full.
2019-2-1
Use props
djiuser_ENU8n4Zc4Dc9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 426342 ft
United Kingdom

Happened to me to with dji fpv
2022-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules