pilot certificate Canada
1226 19 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

just passed it after my first try, didn't anticipate that the questions would be that difficult
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Picanoc Jack. Thank you for sharing this wonderful information and congratulations in passing the pilot certification Canada. Great work and two thumbs up to you.
2019-1-12
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 13:40
Hello and good day Picanoc Jack. Thank you for sharing this wonderful information and congratulations in passing the pilot certification Canada. Great work and two thumbs up to you.

Thank you, I am a wee bit worried that some people who are thinking about taking up the hobby will shy away on account of this test
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-12 13:47
Thank you, I am a wee bit worried that some people who are thinking about taking up the hobby will shy away on account of this test

You are very much welcome Picanoc Jack. Let us support each other and encourage all the drone hobbyist to achieve their goals. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats Picanoc Jack.
2019-1-13
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Is that test for commercial fliers so you can make money or is it for something else? Congrats by the way
2019-1-13
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

BobB Posted at 1-13 04:35
Is that test for commercial fliers so you can make money or is it for something else? Congrats by the way

Everybody has to take a test as well as register all drones. There is no commercial classification any more, all can do commercial jobs. There is two different classes: Basic (35 questions): can only fly in class G airspace, Advanced (50 questions): can fly in controlled airspace. Advanced pilots also have to take a fly-test, before given the certificate..
Everybody, Basic and Advanced also have to do pre-flight, survey etc. Also document maintenance as well as flight records. Advanced class has much more required then basic class.
Also Advanced pilots has to have a certifyed "Safe" drone before able to fly in controlled airspace, currently NO drones from DJI, is currently classifyed for use in controlled airspace.

2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

BobB Posted at 1-13 04:35

the one I took was basic,  the other one is advance,  reading the thread above it seems there is no such thing as commercial which would suit me fine,  if that's the case I would take the basic test, I did not anticipate that the test would be that difficult in some areas, so if I were you i would go for the basic test,  it will give you an idea
2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Woe Posted at 1-13 04:15
Congrats Picanoc Jack.

thank you woe
2019-1-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome and good luck.

Flying seem to be harder to do.
2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Woe Posted at 1-13 07:00
You're welcome and good luck.

Flying seem to be harder to do.

sure is harder to fly,  this will definitely deter people from taking up the hobby, and the thing is it's just like the gun registry we have up here, criminals don't register their guns, irresponsible fliers will not register nor take the test to fly their drones.
2019-1-13
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

Hey picanoc! I'm from Canada as well, did you read any documents before passing the test or you just went all in knowing the basics such as height limits and such. Also about commercial thing do you think that we need a coas anymore to be allowed making money(Even if your certified)?
2019-1-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-13 07:07
sure is harder to fly,  this will definitely deter people from taking up the hobby, and the thing is it's just like the gun registry we have up here, criminals don't register their guns, irresponsible fliers will not register nor take the test to fly their drones.

Sad but true. Soon future pilots will have to take and pass a test before
being able to purchase a drone.
2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Nicoricosancho Posted at 1-13 07:09
Hey picanoc! I'm from Canada as well, did you read any documents before passing the test or you just went all in knowing the basics such as height limits and such. Also about commercial thing do you think that we need a coas anymore to be allowed making money(Even if your certified)?

went all in without any studying,  but I did know the basic rules and regulations,  like I said the first time I ended up with 62%, you will see what I mean once you look at the test that it's nothing like what you could anticipate.
2019-1-13
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

yeh before taking the test i read some forum and you have to read some doc before entering i believe, unless you get lucky on some choices you have to read to pass...especially for them new drone owner..
2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Nicoricosancho Posted at 1-13 11:15
yeh before taking the test i read some forum and you have to read some doc before entering i believe, unless you get lucky on some choices you have to read to pass...especially for them new drone owner..

I took the test the first time on a whim and curiosity,  sure enough I flunked it with 62%, had to look up quite a few things,  after 48 hours took it again and passed but believe me when I say it's quite the test.  now advance test is for a 1 hour with 50 questions and a pass is 80%. I am some glad I just took the basic test.
2019-1-13
Use props
BobB
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 1-13 12:01
I took the test the first time on a whim and curiosity,  sure enough I flunked it with 62%, had to look up quite a few things,  after 48 hours took it again and passed but believe me when I say it's quite the test.  now advance test is for a 1 hour with 50 questions and a pass is 80%. I am some glad I just took the basic test.

What is the cost of these tests? Hope you don't mind the questions. I'm in the USA and i am 107 cert and just wondering.
2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

BobB Posted at 1-13 14:18
What is the cost of these tests? Hope you don't mind the questions. I'm in the USA and i am 107 cert and just wondering.

it's 5.00 for registration,  and 10.00 a pop for the test, you flunk they allow you to retake the test 24 hours later with another 10.00 fee, they strongly advise you to take the course for 200.00 however I live about 90 miles away from where the course is taught.
2019-1-13
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Canada

Ended up trying the test for fun and passed it, but it's sure real hard, had to google a few things and look through the government new drone regulation website for pretty much all questions. but now I'm certified!!! Yipeee can finally make legit contract including drone videos!
2019-1-13
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Canada

Nicoricosancho Posted at 1-13 17:11
Ended up trying the test for fun and passed it, but it's sure real hard, had to google a few things and look through the government new drone regulation website for pretty much all questions. but now I'm certified!!! Yipeee can finally make legit contract including drone videos!

congrats Nico!  it's nice to be legal hey LOL
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules