2463 3 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since last update CS firmware, the mapbox always shows no map. Somebody suggested to download offline map. I also watched videos from youtube and read posts from this forum, I saw people can download whole North American map for about 900M. I followed the way, but I can only download a small square of map which includes only a few miles of area (such as Region 1, region 2, etc). As you can see from attached photos.

DJI forum Administrator DIANA also confirmed:

Hi, the Offline Map feature is not available at present. You are recommended to cache the maps on your device: Connect your device to the Internet, open DJI GO4, go to the flying location on the map, zoom into the desired zoom level, scroll around on the map to load the map images in all areas where you want to fly.

My questions are:

1.     Whether I can download whole North American offline map at once? If so, how?

2.     When can DJI allow CS users to download large offline map to CS, rather than a small square?

3.     Why DJI cannot pre-load map as DJI did for Phantom 4 pro plus or DJI smart controller?

4.     How can one find the lost drone when one fly it without map?

It is a very serious problem, but it seems that DJI doesn't care about!!!!

CrystalSky is outcast of DJI!

IMG_20190112_093301.jpg
IMG_20190112_093322.jpg
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_PEp4mLwh74c7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11597195 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spending another 649 for a Smart Controller is the only resolution

I just don't know whether other people experience the same problem.
IMG_20190112_093322.jpg
IMG_20190112_093301.jpg
2019-1-12
Use props
Fotoyoyo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6217 ft
Taiwan

I think DJI needs to figure something out here.  Most places where I fly are very remote in the middle of the ocean.  Try to using scrolling to find a pinnacle island in the middle of the Pacific and I guarantee you will want to sink the CrystalSky to the bottom of the abyss.  Why can't they be like Google Maps and allow you to search a location first, and then zoom in/out to download the area?
2019-4-24
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fotoyoyo Posted at 4-24 23:14
I think DJI needs to figure something out here.  Most places where I fly are very remote in the middle of the ocean.  Try to using scrolling to find a pinnacle island in the middle of the Pacific and I guarantee you will want to sink the CrystalSky to the bottom of the abyss.  Why can't they be like Google Maps and allow you to search a location first, and then zoom in/out to download the area?

In total agreement.

That goes double for Crystal Sky Users!
2019-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules