Mavic Air video lag
1391 9 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hsoXzTCMtUq2
lvl.1
United States

I bought a mavic air after Thanksgiving so i'm still new at it...i've been experiencing video lag just about everytime i've flown.
So 2 weeks ago i upgraded to a new phone and tablet, and i still get video lag...help? Any suggestions?
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with video lag on your DJI Mavic Air. Have you updated the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air to it's latest one? May we also know the model of the mobile device that you are using? Please give as an update for us to help you further. Thank you.
2019-1-12
Use props
AugieSurfer
lvl.1
United States

S9 Samsung phone and Samsung tablet...I am going to use the tablet more than phone to operate mavic air...its been over a week since I've flown,  so I'll check again to make sure updates have been completed...if it has, and lag still exists, thoughts?
2019-1-12
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

what you guys saying lag do you mean delayed input or frame skipping/dropping?  and can you estimate how severe it maybe and where it occurs?

Enhanced WIfi system on mavic air has a latency (delay between action and video showing action) around of 160-250ms on avg depending on conditions, distance, interference, environment.
2019-1-12
Use props
AugieSurfer
lvl.1
United States

By lag i mean this..flying and moving forward, and recording video, video freezes and skips...sometimes it has blacked out for a second or 2, interrupting video flow...as far as wifi connection,  I've mostly kept it in auto, on occasion and testing a few settings, I've changed it to custom with the 5.8...I see all these great videos on YouTube and in forums, so I'm still learning which settings are best...thank you for advice and info btw!!!
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

AugieSurfer Posted at 1-12 15:59
S9 Samsung phone and Samsung tablet...I am going to use the tablet more than phone to operate mavic air...its been over a week since I've flown,  so I'll check again to make sure updates have been completed...if it has, and lag still exists, thoughts?

Hi there, sorry for the trouble.  I would recommend when you use a tablet, use the USB port on the remote controller. Please take note, do not use the Micro USB and  USB ports simultaneously for video linking. Please remember to disconnect all devices from one port before connecting a device to the other port for video linking. If the issue persists, kindly back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall the app. You can also try a different location to isolate the issue. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-12
Use props
AugieSurfer
lvl.1
United States

Recently purchased a longer cable to connect to tablet...I've never used USB port and haven't seen many ppl in videos use it either...so will give that a try, thanks!
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AugieSurfer Posted at 1-12 16:31
Recently purchased a longer cable to connect to tablet...I've never used USB port and haven't seen many ppl in videos use it either...so will give that a try, thanks!

You're welcome. Please keep us posted if the issue persists! Thanks for choosing DJI!
2019-1-12
Use props
AugieSurfer
lvl.1
United States

Will definitely keep everyone posted,  thanks again and I really do love this thing!!!!
2019-1-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AugieSurfer Posted at 1-12 16:57
Will definitely keep everyone posted,  thanks again and I really do love this thing!!!!

Alright! Please make sure to click on "Reply" so that I can receive notification from your response, thanks!
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules