Working with active tracking
1608 8 2019-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
V9991
lvl.1
Italy

Every time i try to use the tracking (1080/50) OP keep on focusing on the subject (from Mimo of the OP display). firmware 1.3. Did i miss anything? From your video tutorial i seems so simple but i can't use the feature. Here two clips that my help to understand:

I've got a lot of clips like this where the OP keep on focus on the subject framed with Mimo o selected with doble tap on the OP screen.

Thanks for any help.

2019-1-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Active tracking is fine for subjects moving across a view but not as good for going towards or away from a subject at a reasonable distance. This is one of three main problems with equipment that uses contrast measurement for focusing. Unfortunately, anything using a live view needs to use contrast measurement and anything using some of the sensor's photosites for phase detection is still not up to the standards of having a separate dedicated focusing module. It's not as noticeable if you can reduce the aperture to give a deeper focus area which would be one way out of this problem but can't be done on equipment this small so far.
One way out of this would be to walk an ark around whatever you are filming to keep the distance constant or film from further way.  
2019-1-13
Use props
V9991
lvl.1
Italy

thanks for the the reply.
In very bunch of review the traking (on faces) works even if the subject moves from from OP.
In this video fro dji:

you can easily see that the distance is not an issue. I've try to replicate that with standing object and moving myself but the OP keep on bumping the focus.
2019-1-14
Use props
Michelle in Aus
lvl.1
Australia

I couldnt get tracking to work when I tried filming the kids going down a slip and slide yesterday....

I would double click the screen to set it, it put the box on and said active track ON but they would move and the camera stayed there every time! When it said Facetrack it would follow for 2 seconds then loose them. Something that looked so simple in the ads is very disappointing for me so far!
2019-1-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Michelle in Aus Posted at 1-15 19:48
I couldnt get tracking to work when I tried filming the kids going down a slip and slide yesterday....
https://youtu.be/oO5Uza54Pj8

Active tracking is much more accurate when used with a phone and you draw a box around the subject you want to track. Be sure to completely encompass the subject within the box though. Also, the gimbal must be set to follow. You can also play with whether to use fast follow or slow follow for what gives the best results in which situation. From a reasonable distance (30 feet and over) is does a decent job but loses track beyond a certain speed once subjects get close.
2019-1-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-17
Use props
djiuser_MpeihprQ17h7
New

United States

Hi Ray-CubeAce
Would the Pocket 2 with active track 3.0 be good in this situation.

Attached to head mount so I’m hands free and active track an animal at 30-50 yards? Sometimes this could be at dusk/low light

Would this product follow the animal if it was waking/moving slowly?
2021-1-15
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

djiuser_MpeihprQ17h7 Posted at 1-15 15:57
Hi Ray-CubeAce
Would the Pocket 2 with active track 3.0 be good in this situation.

I don't know of any active tracking system that is good in non pro gear if in a situation where possible objects come between the camera and the object tracked or there is a confusing background.
Low light certainly won't help.
Not that I think it would be impossible to achieve. Just not in this small a form factor or at this price point.
2021-1-16
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Austria

I see you shot this clips in Ariccia! Am I right?
2021-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules