Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What is the Mavic 2 OS?
983 16 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Does any one know what the Mavic2 Opperating System is?
Not thinking of doing any hacking, which would be a stupid idea, but technical curiosity on my part.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that we don't have this kind of information with our Mavic 2 series, however, you could check the specs our aircraft via the website. Please refer to the link below. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-13
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 09:30
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that we don't have this kind of information with our Mavic 2 series, however, you could check the specs our aircraft via the website. Please refer to the link below. Thank you for the support.

That is a very silly answer.
it is not listed on the aircraft spec on the web site. so why send me there?
It is something that DJI will know so you should have the information.
There is no reason for it to be secret.
2019-1-14
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

JAgraphics Posted at 1-14 02:34
it is not listed on the aircraft spec on the web site. so why send me there?

There is every reason for that being a secret, but sure that answer was not helping you at all.  Hope you are aware that it´s a bot doing the answering in most cases.
2019-1-14
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sweflyer Posted at 1-14 07:20
There is every reason for that being a secret, but sure that answer was not helping you at all.  Hope you are aware that it´s a bot doing the answering in most cases.

Hi SWeflyer, I must admit it had not occurred to me that it was a bot answering but thinking about it....

I can understand why they don't want people hacking the flight control SW.  There are enough people doing silly things with drones as it is.   My interest was  purely academic.   

If I wanted to play with Drone SW there are some open software systems for DIY drones I could use. All for  a lot less than the cost of any DJI drone!  SO I am not going to mess up my Mavic 2 Pro hacking about.

I do work with several clients who are working to Do178 so I know a bit about aviation SW.
2019-1-14
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

JAgraphics Posted at 1-14 02:34
it is not listed on the aircraft spec on the web site. so why send me there?

Ask a silly question get a silly answer.
2019-1-14
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

JAgraphics Posted at 1-14 07:47
Hi SWeflyer, I must admit it had not occurred to me that it was a bot answering but thinking about it....

I can understand why they don't want people hacking the flight control SW.  There are enough people doing silly things with drones as it is.   My interest was  purely academic.   

Well it´s Android. Happy?
2019-1-14
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sweflyer Posted at 1-14 13:19
Well it´s Android. Happy?

Not at all happy. For obvious reasons.
2019-1-14
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

JAgraphics Posted at 1-14 14:14
Not at all happy. For obvious reasons.

What did you expect? IOS? Linux? Luna/X?
2019-1-15
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Sweflyer Posted at 1-15 12:06

well quite obviously none of those. No one in their right mind would normally pick one of those OS, you would use an RTOS,
2019-1-15
Use props
skyhighmedia
First Officer
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Wouldn't make any sense for DJI to provide such information, there is a reason for that. If they use any OS they use Android (e.g. for CrystalSky).
2019-1-15
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.4
United States

Well, you started it by saying:  "no one in their right mind"       So, here goes.   A curious hobby customer wants to know how I code my very expensive drone toys. ( And that is only expensive in the view of the customer.)  The millions poured into development and manufacturing are staggering, even in a low wage country... since we market and sell worldwide.
Now, on a public forum... I think I will respond and divulge company proprietary data to this unknown hobbiest, who poses their question on an open forum.  NOT
Read the first line again.  Not in your right mind.....
2019-1-15
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

What the flight RTOS is will not give away any useful commercial information. In fact for many aircraft (real ones, both civil and military, not drones) this sort of information is available or at least not secret.   They will have a DAL rating.

You also made some incorrect assumptions.   The Mavi c 2 Pro is my least expensive camera. (it is not an expensive drone either) I am not a hobby user.
I do  know the cost of developement. Far more than you would understand.

2019-1-16
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

JAgraphics Posted at 1-16 02:31
What the flight RTOS is will not give away any useful commercial information. In fact for many aircraft (real ones, both civil and military, not drones) this sort of information is available or at least not secret.   They will have a DAL rating.

Well we are very happy for you then
2019-1-17
Use props
Roy Rogers
Captain
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Sweflyer Posted at 1-15 12:06

Mine emulates Linux UNIXs ububus   with virtual box.
no wait I wanna change my answer to DOS 6.22 quicker load times
2019-2-3
Use props
Roy Rogers
Captain
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Hacking … DJI offers upto 30000$ for anyone that can find exploits in there soft where .
Just a FYI  
2019-2-3
Use props
Swedrone
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Roy Rogers Posted at 2-3 06:00
Hacking … DJI offers upto 30000$ for anyone that can find exploits in there soft where .
Just a F Y I

http://www.digitalmunition.com/WhyIWalkedFrom3k.pdf
2019-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules