420 8 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If i receive a cull during a hyperlapse, will it interupt the hyperlapse, skip a picture or two, or even worse pause the hyperlapse?
Anyone with experienced on that?

I know i can put the phone in airplane mode, but sometimes there are reasons not make yourselves unavailable.
2019-1-13
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure why you would want to fly and take a call, but to each their own. To your question, it's possible that the call can interrupt and or disconnect DJIGo4.  It's happened to me.   Also with AT&T service, it seems that when the phone is not with LTE service problems get worse, mainly 4G  

Early on, with MPP, many flights, I forgot to go to airplane mode, and calls or email notices came in.  Both can cause the screen to change from the djigo4 app.  Calls are worse as you totally lose the screen for the answer screen.  I had about 50/50 disconnections or freezes of the apps with calls on iPhone x.  iOS 11.  Never lost connection to drone and only had to reboot phone once.  But not something I want to do when flying, i.e reboot the phone and wait for the app to re-establish connection.  

Still a great feature on the Mavic is the small info screen, which can help during a disconnect.  Just wish it had a compass display.

Paul C
2019-1-13
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

paul2660 Posted at 1-13 07:29
Not sure why you would want to fly and take a call, but to each their own. To your question, it's possible that the call can interrupt and or disconnect DJIGo4.  It's happened to me.   Also with AT&T service, it seems that when the phone is not with LTE service problems get worse, mainly 4G  

Early on, with MPP, many flights, I forgot to go to airplane mode, and calls or email notices came in.  Both can cause the screen to change from the djigo4 app.  Calls are worse as you totally lose the screen for the answer screen.  I had about 50/50 disconnections or freezes of the apps with calls on iPhone x.  iOS 11.  Never lost connection to drone and only had to reboot phone once.  But not something I want to do when flying, i.e reboot the phone and wait for the app to re-establish connection.  

Who said i would take any call when flying?

Anyways, you answered my question, thanks...
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. This scenario may affect the operation on your aircraft if you use answered the call, however, it should not interrupt the app if you did not answer the call. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 1-13 07:49
Who said i would take any call when flying?

Anyways, you answered my question, thanks...

consider using airplane mode to disable the radios in your phone, i believe in the manually it even advises to do so to reduce localized interference around the RC.  

i personally just use a seperate smart device because some calls i cannot miss
2019-1-13
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-13 09:30
consider using airplane mode to disable the radios in your phone, i believe in the manually it even advises to do so to reduce localized interference around the RC.  

i personally just use a seperate smart device because some calls i cannot miss

No, that is nonsense, the cellphone bands doesnt operate even close to the 2.4 or 5.8 band.
I have never turned off my phone before, and there is nothing in any manual that youll have to do.
2019-1-13
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Tony Posted at 1-13 09:26
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. This scenario may affect the operation on your aircraft if you use answered the call, however, it should not interrupt the app if you did not answer the call. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Thank you for the support.

Never answer any calls during flights, for obvious reasons, i was just concerned about the phone starts ringing, if it affects anything or not.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CineView Media Posted at 1-13 14:23
Never answer any calls during flights, for obvious reasons, i was just concerned about the phone starts ringing, if it affects anything or not.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. No worries. we would forward this with our team for further clarification as well. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-13
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

CineView Media Posted at 1-13 14:22
No, that is nonsense, the cellphone bands doesnt operate even close to the 2.4 or 5.8 band.
I have never turned off my phone before, and there is nothing in any manual that youll have to do.

i was suggesting airplane mode to disable radios for wifi and cellular to remove interuptions so dont get calls while flying.  this was your original concern...not weather cellular signals are near enough to posisble cause spectrum compeition...or are you here to just argue?

before you argue this and say not a thing, maybe should do some research yourself.

AWS 4G-LTE and 3G HSPA can operate on 2.1Ghz  and WCS 4G LTE works on 2.3Ghz, 4G SDL (partial duplex and full duplex mode) can also operate at 5.2Ghz, 5.6Ghz and 5.9 Ghz.   UTMS 3G on IMS/FDD (full duplex) can operate at 2.1Ghz and 2.6Ghz.  not even considering various GSM networks stil exist around the world some operate around 2.1Ghz in some areas.    all of these bands are close enough with cellphone inches away to cause interferance and sepectrum compeition..and 5G isnt even completely finalized and will likely have bands that will cross over into near enough neighborhood to impact it.   

anyone flown drones new cell towers knows interferance can get very bad.

2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules