734 11 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So today i flew my drone around the Durban harbour, apparantly this is a NFZ but my app did not show any warnings and allowed me to flew with out any restrictions. Why would that be
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, you may confirm the location here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map if it's on the NFZ.
2019-1-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just asking. But are you sure it was a NFZ and not an enhanced warning zone.
2019-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Woe Posted at 1-13 08:41
Just asking. But are you sure it was a NFZ and not an enhanced warning zone.

According to Airmap it is a NFZ
2019-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 08:26
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, you may confirm the location here https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map if it's on the NFZ.

I checked on your link and it seems that Dji does not class the area i flew in as a NFZ but Airmap shows it has that, I also checked the local restrictions when i got home and it is classed as a red zone apparantly
2019-1-13
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Suren Posted at 1-13 09:36
I checked on your link and it seems that Dji does not class the area i flew in as a NFZ but Airmap shows it has that, I also checked the local restrictions when i got home and it is classed as a red zone apparantly

Don,t think South Africa is updated on the NFZ, as yet. And a good thing too. Would be nowhere to fly, if it were so.
2019-1-13
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

lol buddy you need to go and stand in the naughty boy corner now

I would be inclined to go with local restrictions so as not to be standing in front of a judge.
2019-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-13 09:38
Don,t think South Africa is updated on the NFZ, as yet. And a good thing too. Would be nowhere to fly, if it were so.

Looks like it. I posted some shots on the local Dji facebook page and got some nasty coments from a guy on there. Maybe you should look at joining the page. Drone Deals gives away weekly prices for good videos and photos, you will surely win some.
2019-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-13 09:38
Don,t think South Africa is updated on the NFZ, as yet. And a good thing too. Would be nowhere to fly, if it were so.

it is called Dji Drone Deals SA Air Pixel Awards Group
2019-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 1-13 09:45
lol buddy you need to go and stand in the naughty boy corner now

I would be inclined to go with local restrictions so as not to be standing in front of a judge.

Yup looks like it. Was not aware that this was restriceted guess I should have done homework first
2019-1-13
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Suren Posted at 1-13 09:45
Looks like it. I posted some shots on the local Dji facebook page and got some nasty coments from a guy on there. Maybe you should look at joining the page. Drone Deals gives away weekly prices for good videos and photos, you will surely win some.

Do you have a link to the page? I think they would think twice before giving me anything more for free. I got the deal with the drone, they gave me filters, and they extended my warranty. Think if they hear my name, they might run for the Drakensberg...........
2019-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-13 09:49
Do you have a link to the page? I think they would think twice before giving me anything more for free. I got the deal with the drone, they gave me filters, and they extended my warranty. Think if they hear my name, they might run for the Drakensberg...........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ ... amp;_rdc=2&_rdr
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules