Image transmission distance
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zadde
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi all!
I've a question about the image transmission system on the Inspire 2. DJI advertises the same specifications on the I2 when it comes to distance, as on the Mavic Pro.
I have both and no matter which settings I use on the I2, it never comes close to the image tranmission distance of the Mavic Pro.
I'm reaching around 1,5 - 2km, open spaces, same environment and with the Mavic Pro I'm going 5 km+

Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Johan Sadelius
Sweden.
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Zadde, sorry for the difficulties.The official data on the website is measured in an unobstructed, interference-free environment. Please be advise to make some attempts, such as check the position of the antennas on the remote controller. Distance should be greater than height during flight. Kindly make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft and switch the frequency band in the DJI GO app. You may refer on the video tutorial below for your reference. If you have other concern, please don'y hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.

2019-1-18
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Zadde, yes unfortunately you are right. The Inspire 2 probably has the shortest range of any DJI drone ever made, I am not kidding. I compared it to Phantom 4, even Mavic Pro like you said has miles of range with perfectly clear image transmission.
Inspire 2 drops out usually just after a couple hundred meters.

In fact, and this is really sad... My 6 year old Phantom 2 (yes it still flies) has about 2.5 miles range before signal cuts out and it returns... just imagine that. You can get one of those used on ebay for £200.
2019-1-31
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's pretty typical to advertise overblown statistics and DJI is certainly guilty of this practice. We have to realize that the Inspire is not really designed for long range work, it is designed for photo/videography mainly and long range flight is pretty much a secondary purpose. The Mavic and latest Phantom use occusync with the M2 using O2 and these systems have proven to be remarkable, I have a feeling I2 is designed prior to Occusync and has Lightbridge with is now old tech. However I have seen some distance tests from pretty reliable YTers that go better than 4Km, so the claims are not so far fetched, latest video I saw was done in the countryside mountains of Switzerland seemingly perfect conditions, however in order to achieve this distance this flight was done at a bit higher than l"legal" altitudes, at least by US standards, I don't know what the laws are like in Switzerland. Also it was done with a EU compliant RC therefore it was pushing the boundaries of what it can do, an FCC compliant RC would likely go much further so DJIs claims are not so far fetched.
2019-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules