Disable video cache to phone
8364 8 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simk1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200896 ft
Norway

WHY cant i turn this off? And why did DJI remove this option on android?
2019-1-13
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

I don't know exactly if you can completely disable it in the app but I know you can change the size of the cache so set it to the minimum. The catch is the settings is only available when the spark is connected to you phone so I can't check right now.
2019-1-13
Use props
depicus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18281 ft
United Kingdom

It's also handy should you loose a drone and want to see the last recorded video.
2019-1-13
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Norway

You can't disable it, but you can set the cache to 1gb and fill it up, and the cache recording stops.

Would like to know why you can disable this on iOS but not on android..
2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you tried to check on the DJI Go 4 App under the General setting look for "Record Audio with Video cache" and there's an option to enable/disable it.
2019-1-13
Use props
Master.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Really? That sucks!
2019-1-13
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 15:48
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that may I ask have you tried to check on the DJI Go 4 App under the General setting look for "Record Audio with Video cache" and there's an option to enable/disable it. [view_image]

Yes, but this is only audio recording from my phone together with the video cache recording, disable this will not stop the recording.

There is no way to disable this recording, other then fill up the cache.

WHY cant i turn the cache recording off if i want to?

2019-1-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Simk1n Posted at 1-13 23:06
Yes, but this is only audio recording from my phone together with the video cache recording, disable this will not stop the recording.

There is no way to disable this recording, other then fill up the cache.

I understand you about that and we're sorry for the Inconvenience. I will forward this concern to our Developers for us to have feedback and what could be the main reason.
2019-1-14
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Remove the DJI Go 4 app & any DJI directories from the android SD card.
Reboot the android device - just to be sure.
Install DJI Go 4. DO NOT CONNECT to Spark or the RC.
Load DJI Go 4 & login, then select Enter Device -> Enter Camera View within the DJI Go 4 app.
Press the 3 dots at the top right & then the 3 dots near the bottom in the left hand menu options.
Scroll down to Cache Locally When Recording & turn off (the default is on).
Now, connect DJI Go 4 to the RC and/or Spark.
Return to the 3 dots menu etc & suddenly the option to change local video cache may be missing (????) However the off setting was hopefully saved.
Take a test recording (flying or even just on the ground or in hand).
To confirm the setting is now off, go to the DJI/dji.go.v4/DJI_RECORD directory on the android SD card/storage folder. It should be empty. (Maybe the DJI Go 4 app can also display what's recorded 'locally' - I don't use the DJI editor so I don't know the options).
The only way I know to turn the Local cache back on is to repeat the uninstall clean up process & start again.
It maybe a bug or a one time programmable feature.  I have no idea, but these steps allowed me to turn OFF local video cache - less video lag as it's not stressing the android.
Other android versions & devices may behave differently - test yourself.

Good luck & happy flying.

2019-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules