Mavic air corrupt video files
1119 12 2019-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gidderdunner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453 ft
United States

Just got a new Mavic Air. Some, but not all, of the videos I take won't play back. They say "wrong file extension, filetype or corrupt file". They are al .MP4. Anyone see this before?
2019-1-13
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

Is it a new sd card?  Try formatting it on a computer and don’t use the quick format. And try a different computer to play the files
2019-1-14
Use props
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Can you play on you computer?
2019-1-14
Use props
Gidderdunner
lvl.1
United States

Master. Posted at 1-14 17:42
Can you play on you computer?

Mo. It doesn't play on the computer. Some do, some don't. I'll try what Rcplanedude suggested first.
2019-1-14
Use props
Gidderdunner
lvl.1
United States

Rcplanedude Posted at 1-14 17:29
Is it a new sd card?  Try formatting it on a computer and don’t use the quick format. And try a different computer to play the files

I did try plying it on the computer by plugging the drone into the computer and leaving the card in the drone. Same result. I'll try a different computer and formatting the card. I'll try a different card too. I haven't even tried that yet.
2019-1-14
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

Gidderdunner Posted at 1-14 18:38
I did try plying it on the computer by plugging the drone into the computer and leaving the card in the drone. Same result. I'll try a different computer and formatting the card. I'll try a different card too. I haven't even tried that yet.

Try taking the card out of the drone and copy directly from the card
2019-1-14
Use props
guynoir
New
Flight distance : 20676 ft
United States

After a firmware update my .mp4s on the card will play in VLC player, but no editor will recognize them. I am looking for answers too.
2020-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

guynoir Posted at 3-8 18:10
After a firmware update my .mp4s on the card will play in VLC player, but no editor will recognize them. I am looking for answers too.

Are you using a Mac or a PC?
2020-3-8
Use props
guynoir
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-8 18:12
Are you using a Mac or a PC?

It's a PeeCee
2020-3-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Well, the fact that VLCPlayer will play it tells you that there is nothing wrong with the file, and that your computer is capable of playing back the file. The issue must be to do with the editor application.
2020-3-8
Use props
guynoir
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-8 20:02
Well, the fact that VLCPlayer will play it tells you that there is nothing wrong with the file, and that your computer is capable of playing back the file. The issue must be to do with the editor application.

One would think. But Avid Media Composer, QT, other editors and file converters won't recognize them. :-/
2020-3-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

guynoir Posted at 3-9 15:40
One would think. But Avid Media Composer, QT, other editors and file converters won't recognize them. :-/

Hmm, Avid is old hat, and if by QT you mean Quicktime, then it also has a history of not keeping up with the game. I use Blackmagic Resolve 16, and it handles the files just fine. Also, quite cheap is Wondershare Filmora. An important point when trying to work with these files is to copy them off the SD card in the aircraft onto a hard disc on your computer first, or preferably an SSD, then try to open them.
2020-3-9
Use props
theothernt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

guynoir Posted at 3-9 15:40

Your profile says you have a Mavic 2 Zoom so it could be an issue with the type of video (the file extension won't tell you much).

When you play the video clips in VLC, look at the video information for H.265 or HEVC - if you see that, then you'll need an editor that supports H.265/HEVC.
2020-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules