Wifi connection problems
686 6 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helio
lvl.1
Brazil

I have a Mavic Air that I purchased in US, and during a trip there in the Christmas and New Years eve worked fine allowing me to take nice pictures and videos.
When I returned to Brazil I wasn't able to use the drone, the wifi disconnected just after takeoff, even from distances as far as 5m it started disconnecting, tried in urban area, rural area and nothing. Changes wifi chanels to manual, 5.8ghxz, checked FCC/CE, phone in airplane mode, all updates, nothing worked. My drone was useless and I was very frustrated, read all thread related in this forum and no result. Then I remembered one thing, before leaving US, I went to Best Buy and bought two pairs of carbon fiber propellers (which according to the seller was supposed to make my drone quieter and was much more resistant). And also purchased a memory card. That were the two changes that I did in US before returning to Brazil, so I decided to rollback the two changes and.... VOILA.... all Wifi problems solved. Put back the memory card and all still working great. So my experience here, paid 19.95 for each pair of these propellers and they ruined my drone. And take me a lot of time to discover that. Never thought that propellers (something purelly mechanical) could interfere in the wifi signal. Best to all, and hopefuly this will help someone with the same sort of problem.
Oh, BTW, this is the link to the propellers (I bought at the store, if I purchased online I would have noticed the terrible reviews before purchase):

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/rev ... count-black/6234401

2019-1-14
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Yes, those are carbon fiber props, and they cause massive interference to the drones signal!
Don’t use them.

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Helio. Thank you for sharing your experience with us today. A lot of our valued members and customers will learn a lot from this experience. Just a friendly reminder not to use 3rd party devices on your DJI Drones for compatibility and reliability purposes. Thank you for supporting DJI.
2019-1-14
Use props
Helio
lvl.1
Brazil

Thanks Stephen, I am rookie in this, living and learning. Probably Best Buy is one of the biggest resellers from DJI, maybe DJI could talk to Best Buy to orient their sellers to not offer 3rd party acessories for DJI products. Because in my case I just bought the propellers because of the recommendation of Best Buy seller.
2019-1-14
Use props
fansd70583f3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1050 ft
Israel

I also bought a DJI Mavic Air, I flew it exactly 2x using the RC, then tried to bind once using the phone/ wifi just to get the images. This bricked my drone. Other forms report the same defect. I think DJI missed up with the Mavic Air. Don't believe them when they try to blame the pros,  pure malarkey.
2019-1-14
Use props
cimdahers
lvl.1

Latvia

That is exactly my case with the carbon propellers. thanks to this post I have solved exact problem which I had just now with my Air1. I have sent it to DJI service, where it was stablished that motherboard of the RC needs to be replaced (charging from me 150...250 EUR). Happy that I refused from the DJI workshop solution, and have read this post. Thanks a lot!
2022-10-28
Use props
cimdahers
lvl.1

Latvia

A sad thing that I am awaiting for carbon three blade propellers for my Mavic2, which I have ordered before I read this thread...
2022-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules