Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery Charge during extended non-flying period
1007 6 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnyMac41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

With the cold Ohio winter upon me, I am not able to fly my M2Z hardly at all. Like not at all in three weeks.

What is the best way to prevent wasting unnecessary charging cycles, which will shorten the life of the battery overall, but not to allow it to go below a dangerous level discharging while being idle for a month?

And at what voltage is one dangerously low, and if I catch it before then, should I charge it up to a certain percentage and stop, or just charge them up, let them discharge by themselves, then do it over and on over until winter is over?

On my motorcycles, I put the batteries on a Battery Tender during the winter, which keeps them at a maintenance level. Not sure what to do with my three M2Z batteries.

Thank you for assistance!
2019-1-14
Use props
Fre Mo
First Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

it is preferable to discharge the batteries to about 40% in this case.
2019-1-14
Use props
Master.
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Leave it at 50% and it will be ok
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. With regards to that. when storing it make sure it's not fully charged and I would suggest as well at least try to visit or charge the battery at least 1times in a week just to make sure still working especially on the winter season.
2019-1-14
Use props
WRHershey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

From DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Guidelines: Discharge the battery to 40%-60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more. The battery automaticly discharges to below 60% when it is idle for 10 days or more  to prevent it from swelling. Do not store the battery for an extended period after fully discrarging it. The battery will enter hibernation mode if depleted and stored for a long period, recharge it completly to bring battey out of hibernation.
In addition the factory recomendation is: Fully charge AND DISCHARGE the battery at least once every 3 months to maintain battery health.

The document is online.
2019-1-14
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I read the document, but what is the best way to discharge them? Put them in the drone without propellers and run each one down, or is there a discharge function/process  I can use?
2019-1-18
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JohnnyMac41 Posted at 1-18 02:14
I read the document, but what is the best way to discharge them? Put them in the drone without propellers and run each one down, or is there a discharge function/process  I can use?
I did some more research - thanks for the link -  and am now using other devices to discharge my three batteries using the USB charge adapter from my fly-more kit.

THANK YOU for your assistance, all!
2019-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules