1.5.30+
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arcwell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 627 ft
United States

I have tried countless time to update the AC, but it keeps stating that the firmware on the SD card is the same or older than what's on the AC. I've tried different SD cards, as well as different devices. S8+, and Note 9. Same for both. The app has a big red box stating firmware update required. when I click in, it's something about battery updates. Can someone please help me resolve this?

2019-1-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have multiple batteries each one needs to be updated. When updating the batteries you don't have to connect to the computer. just turn everything on and when it says different firmware just hit update and it should update and take about one minute.
2019-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm not sure what you mean re the SD card.  I think most of us do FW upgrades via the Go app via an internet connection.  

I have 1.5.30+ on my P3P.  My Go app advises me that a FW upgrade is required every time I look at it.  I don't upgrade.  My P3P operates perfectly in every way.  I'm perfectly happy with it.

My understanding is, the batteries that have not been updated have a high risk of shutting themselves off mid-flight if launched cold.  This is fixed somewhat with the battery fw update that you're trying to achieve via the AC FW update, although it still wouldn't be wise to launch with a cold battery.  I always pre-warm my flight battery before launch.  I haven't had any problems at all - with my non-upgraded batteries or anything else.  

If you decide to update the AC FW, be sure to put a fan on the gimbal to keep components cool.

Good luck

2019-1-14
Use props
Arcwell
lvl.1
United States

I just can't understand why the update will not work. There are times when I pull up the about page and it shows the correct latest firmware, and other times it goes back to 1.5.30+ and gives Firmware update required. Quite annoying. As you mentioned, everything works correctly, I just don't want issues, as I will using this for my job, and my GL specifically stated to ensure software / firmware is updated to latest updates.
2019-1-14
Use props
Arcwell
lvl.1
United States

Woe, I've done what you suggested, but  "firmware update required" remains.
2019-1-14
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Arcwell Posted at 1-14 07:31
Woe, I've done what you suggested, but  "firmware update required" remains.

Just something to consider. I totally understand the reason for not updating if you don't need to. That is way to big of a discussion to have right now. Some of use do and some don't. I can tell you if your app is showing 1.5.30+, something didn't get updated completely. The "+" should not be there if everything updated correctly. If might fly just fine, but the "+" is saying some module did not update. Hard to say exactly what it is, because DJI doesn't offer much explanation  about modules in the log file as far as I know. With that being said, you say sometimes it says you have the correct latest firmware. So, are you saying it shows 1.11.20 as the version? Do you have the bin file on your sd card and if so, which one is it?
As Mark said, most of the time you update via the go-app, but a lot of us were used to doing it manually in the past and putting the bin file on the sd-card, and upgrade that way. With the newer versions they have made it easier via the app. But, could it be that your phantom is on a newer version than 1.5.30, and if that is what is on your sd-card and you are trying to update your batteries could they already be on a newer version? This might be a bit confusing, so I'm sorry. The only way to actually get this straighten out in my opinion would be to verify the version on both the RC and phantom. Make sure the sd- card is formatted so nothing is on it. If you want to be one the latest firmware, as you stated your GL said everything should be updated with the latest, you need to try to upgrade via the app, if that is not successful, download the 1.11.20 file and put the bin file on your sd-card and update the phantom only first, then try the RC, and then the batteries. Good luck to you.
2019-1-14
Use props
Arcwell
lvl.1
United States

Is it possible to explain how the update is done via the app. I do not see any options for doing it that way
2019-1-14
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

If its a battery update that the unit is yelling for.  Put your firmware upgrade on the root of the SD card, slide it in the gimbal slot, insert battery #1. it'll blink a few times, and then the gimbal light will be solid green.  Once that happens, you can turn your AC off, and put in the NEXT battery.   Do this till all your batteries have gone thru this process.

Just a word of warning.  If you have some NON-DJI batteries, they may not update.  If they DO update, some might come up with the dreeded "Not a DJI Battery" and will no longer allow you to fly with it.

Good Luck!
2019-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

KenDuke Posted at 1-14 09:04
If its a battery update that the unit is yelling for.  Put your firmware upgrade on the root of the SD card, slide it in the gimbal slot, insert battery #1. it'll blink a few times, and then the gimbal light will be solid green.  Once that happens, you can turn your AC off, and put in the NEXT battery.   Do this till all your batteries have gone thru this process.

Just a word of warning.  If you have some NON-DJI batteries, they may not update.  If they DO update, some might come up with the dreeded "Not a DJI Battery" and will no longer allow you to fly with it.

https://phantompilots.com/thread ... .87175/#post-901549

Just more info ...

My FW 1.5.30+ was on the Phantom when I bought it in a sealed box from DJI.  I was never sure exactly what the "+" meant, but I assumed after reading the second paragraph in this post linked above that it was a patched version of 1.5.30.  

Another interesting thing is, further down in the same post linked above, Oso discusses an encryption change starting with AC FW 1.8 and RC FW 1.6.  According to that, I should have all sorts of problems because I have AC FW 1.5.30+ and RC FW 1.9.2.  And yet, I have had no problems at all.  So again, this makes me suspect the "+" is a patch to allow the early AC FW version to work with later RC versions.  

2019-1-14
Use props
Arcwell
lvl.1
United States

I purchased a new battery, and when installed, the firmware update error goes away and firmware version is 1.11.20+, so I'm assuming either they sent me batteries that won't update, or the AC will now allow the update to the new batteries.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules