P3P will not bind to controller after update.
1392 10 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stevemiller333
lvl.1
United States

Just wanted to start this thread to help others in the future.

I have a p3p, and so does my Dad. His was working fine until he did a firmware upgrade.

We have tried every single procedure (multiple times) to relink the bird to the rc and they will not bind.

We have resolved to send the kit back to DJI at this point so they can see what the problem is.

Hopefully they can work some magic!

Here is where I am at so far....

case #CAS-2629361-K1F8M4

Greetings,
I had been discussing my problem with my Phantom Pro 3 Professional with Teen. For health related reasons I did not proceed with the service request. I am now going to send it in for repair.
Like I told Teen, my aircraft was functioning properly prior to the firmware update. I then tried the requested procedures and sent photos as he asked. I tried to request servie online but it would not work. Attached is a photo of the label on the box which includes the serial numbers. I purchased this drone online about two years ago from BuyDig. It has always worked properly until the update. After that the aircraft will not link to the RC. I find it difficult to beleive that the problem could be anything but firmware or damage caused by doing the update.

2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi stevemiller333, we apologize for the troubles you had. We already coordinate your concern to the respective department. We will notify if there is any update to your concern. Feel free to contact us again for other concerns. We hope we can figure this out soon. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-14
Use props
stevemiller333
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-14 11:50
Hi stevemiller333, we apologize for the troubles you had. We already coordinate your concern to the respective department. We will notify if there is any update to your concern. Feel free to contact us again for other concerns. We hope we can figure this out soon. Thank you for your support.

Thanks, we can't wait to find out what it is! It has been very frustrating trying to figure it out.
2019-1-14
Use props
stevemiller333
lvl.1
United States

stevemiller333 Posted at 1-14 12:03
Thanks, we can't wait to find out what it is! It has been very frustrating trying to figure it out.

Ok so here is where we ended up .....

Item List

Phantom 3 Professional Gimbal Yaw-axis Video Downlink Main Board V10

Quantity: 1

Net Price : 144.00

Total Price: 144.00

Repair Service Fee

Quantity: 1

Net Price : 65.00

Total Price: 65.00

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

I think this is unacceptable. We had a perfectly working craft We did the update and now it needs a new board? I would think this is a problem with the update not the craft.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

stevemiller333 Posted at 1-16 08:02
Ok so here is where we ended up .....

Item List

Hi stevemiller333, thank you for this information and we're sorry to know about this. I will be coordinating this concern to the appropriate department for us to check and see if there's anything that we might help. Again please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that you will be notified with the updates. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.
2019-1-16
Use props
stevemiller333
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-16 09:07
Hi stevemiller333, thank you for this information and we're sorry to know about this. I will be coordinating this concern to the appropriate department for us to check and see if there's anything that we might help. Again please accept our sincere apologies and rest assured that you will be notified with the updates. Your patience is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks, its very frustrating because we have a $1500 drone with another 500 in accessories, that worked perfectly! Doing a software upgrade shouldn't turn it into a paper weight.
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

stevemiller333 Posted at 1-16 09:21
Thanks, its very frustrating because we have a $1500 drone with another 500 in accessories, that worked perfectly! Doing a software upgrade shouldn't turn it into a paper weight.

Hi stevemiller333, I understand that this is really important to you. We're really looking forward also to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for patience and the opportunity to help you with this case.
2019-1-16
Use props
stevemiller333
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-16 13:01
Hi stevemiller333, I understand that this is really important to you. We're really looking forward also to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for patience and the opportunity to help you with this case.

I understand that it's out of warranty like they  are telling me. But this is DJI's fault that the craft was disabled by doing the required update. This should be considered separate from the warranty and repaired showing good support for your product.  If the repair is not going to be covered in full I think it should be discounted by at least half.
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

stevemiller333 Posted at 1-17 09:05
I understand that it's out of warranty like they  are telling me. But this is DJI's fault that the craft was disabled by doing the required update. This should be considered separate from the warranty and repaired showing good support for your product.  If the repair is not going to be covered in full I think it should be discounted by at least half.

Hi stevemiller33, apologies for the troubles you are having right now. I will be raising this matter to a higher management for us to help you with regards to your current case. Again, we will do our best to resolve this issue the soonest time possible. If there is anything that we might help, please do not hesitate to reach us again. Thank you for your patience.
2019-1-17
Use props
stevemiller333
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-17 09:58
Hi stevemiller33, apologies for the troubles you are having right now. I will be raising this matter to a higher management for us to help you with regards to your current case. Again, we will do our best to resolve this issue the soonest time possible. If there is anything that we might help, please do not hesitate to reach us again. Thank you for your patience.

I wanted to say thank you for the wonderful customer service you guys gave my Dad. You are a great company.
2019-1-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

stevemiller333 Posted at 1-23 09:35
I wanted to say thank you for the wonderful customer service you guys gave my Dad. You are a great company.

Hi stevemiller333, no worries. We always strive to promote good customer service. Again we thank you for giving us the opportunity to help. If there is anything that we can do for you again in the future that confines within the situation, we'll happy to be of assistance. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2019-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules