Phantom 4 Pro Flight Data Logging Questions
622 2 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TimeMan
lvl.1

United States

Hi all,

I could sure use some help in understanding some of the data logging on the Phantom 4.....

I understand that the Go app logs a file to a mobile device, and the that the drone firmware logs a file to the microSD card in the drone.  I see that DJI provides two SDKs --- mobile SDK and Onboard SDK.

1) Do either of these SDKs expose logging functions that you can use in an app of your own, that can log the same data as the firmware currently logs to the microSD card?  Basically, I would want to write an app that would allow me to display and log the data as it happens.  If so, which SDK would support it?  Going by the documentation, it would appear that the Onboard SDK would be my only option --- is this right?

2) I built and deployed the iOS sample app that came with the mobileSDK.  Problem is, the app opens with what is essentially an opportunity to search for a bluetooth device, and connect to it.  I assume that the aim here is to be able to establish a bluetooth connection to the Phantom 4 Pro drone.  Unfortuneately, the drone never shows up a a "discovered" device (even when powered on).  Is there something you have to do to make the drone a discoverable device?  

2019-1-14
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I can't see the point of establishing a BT connection, you would fly out of range of it in the first minute of flight.
2019-1-14
Use props
TimeMan
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 1-14 13:45
I can't see the point of establishing a BT connection, you would fly out of range of it in the first minute of flight.

Well I was just describing what the sample app does.
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules