Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Purchased Mavic Air Battery: Is it genuine?
7520 12 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyKimmy
lvl.1
Canada

Hi Everyone,

I have ordered an extra battery for my Mavic Air about a week ago. I live in Alberta, Canada, and since my local Bestbuy stores were out of stock, I thought I could give my good ol' Amazon a try, with their free two-day shipping.

Upon receiving the battery, I was quite happy since it looked original and from DJI itself. Came in original packaging and even tried it on my Mavic Air, let it update firmware (it automatically did so for about 5-10min), and flew it just briefly for about 39 seconds before I landed.

I haven't taken it out to fly it for a full 15-17min yet because something actually caught my attention this morning:

I noticed that the three original mavic air batteries I got from the fly more combo had their safety labels located on the bottom surface of the batteries. This one however, has these same safety labels on the side. I also noticed that the QR code image is slightly larger on this as well....

Did I purchase a counterfeit Mavic air battery??? or is this something uncommon that I shouldn't worry too much? I'm very careful with all my electronics and wouldn't want to crash my drone for using a third-party product.

I purchased this directly from Amazon and paid full price for it, so I assumed it was the real deal. This is the current listing: https://www.amazon.ca/DJI-Mavic-Int...=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1547504121&sr=1-9
Quite honestly, still seems like it's the original battery but I just wanted to get your opinions on it.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this, whether your batteries also show these labels on the side, etc. Thank you so much!!

Picture 1

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 3
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day AndyKimmy.  Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the serial number of the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery on our database. The battery that you have purchased is a genuine DJI merchandise. If you have any other concerns or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-14
Use props
AirMaster
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 14:51
Hello and good day AndyKimmy.  Thank you for the inquiry. Upon checking the serial number of the DJI Mavic Air Intelligent Flight Battery on our database. The battery that you have purchased is a genuine DJI merchandise. If you have any other concerns or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you for your support.

Thank you for the quick response!

My question is, why would the labels be displaced like the picture shows?

Are they just not consistent due to difference in manufacturing locations? Just curious as to why that might be. Thanks again!
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

AirMaster Posted at 1-14 14:53
Thank you for the quick response!

My question is, why would the labels be displaced like the picture shows?

You are very much welcome AirMaster. Batteries from different regions have different labels to distinguish these batteries from what region they came from. Thank you.
2019-1-14
Use props
Logi3
New
Flight distance : 7339 ft

United Kingdom

I too have had 3 spare mavic air batteries brought for me could you advise if they are genuine, as the serial number check comes back as unknown build 5 October 2018 but the label on the box says 2019/3. I have attached pictures of the serial numbers and one of the batteries.
2019-4-13
Use props
cutis
Captain
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

Is it truth there are nongenuine counterfeits?
If true, wouldnt there be forum discontent threads of such imposters?
2019-4-13
Use props
Logi3
New

United Kingdom

Logi3 Posted at 4-13 10:40
I too have had 3 spare mavic air batteries brought for me could you advise if they are genuine, as the serial number check comes back as unknown build 5 October 2018 but the label on the box says 2019/3. I have attached pictures of the serial numbers and one of the batteries.

2019-4-14
Use props
Logi3
New

United Kingdom

Logi3 Posted at 4-13 10:40

20190413_164539.jpg
20190413_164521.jpg
20190413_164512.jpg
20190413_164451.jpg
2019-4-14
Use props
djiuser_05yP6k8Q6e7e
New

I would be curious to know if the batteries have the same weight I have the same issue but not a scale
2019-9-13
Use props
djiuser_vg5Hhn63QdHy
New

United States

Is this a genuine Mavic air battery?  Someone just sold it to me 2nd hand and really cheap just want to make sure it’s real before i put it in my drone.
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_vg5Hhn63QdHy
New

United States

Is this a genuine Mavic air battery?  Someone just sold it to me 2nd hand and really cheap just want to make sure it’s real before i put it in my drone.
2019-11-12
Use props
djiuser_vg5Hhn63QdHy
New

United States

Can you verify this one also?
2019-11-12
Use props
kgmoney
lvl.1

United States

Hi....what's the best way to verify authenticity?  If this is it, here are couple batteries I just purchased....  Thanks!

2020-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules