How About Some Good News For A Change (USA Only)
829 11 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

(AP) -- Federal officials plan to ease restrictions on flying drones over crowds and at night.
Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao says that her agency will propose letting some drone operators do those things without a special waiver from current rules.
For example, waivers for night flights wouldn't be needed for operators who go through special training and put anti-collision lighting on their drones.
The Transportation Department released the preliminary rules on Monday.
Chao says she knows that some people fear that drones create safety and privacy issues. But she says the Transportation Department's actions will help develop the safe testing and use of drones.

2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day BobB. Thank you for sharing this very important information with us today and thank you for your support.
2019-1-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's about time
2019-1-14
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

that's great and makes sense...   also as an FYI, this is targeted towards part 107 pilots who always had it a big harder than those of us who flew for fun, glad to see they are laxing things
2019-1-14
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Good grief you people just don't read this news? I have been seeing it on my news feed for 3 days now and you don't want to discuss this? This is a huge break for us sUAS pilots with 107 certs and possibly those that don't have their 107 certs .

2019-1-15
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

BobB Posted at 1-15 18:13
Good grief you people just don't read this news? I have been seeing it on my news feed for 3 days now and you don't want to discuss this? This is a huge break for us sUAS pilots with 107 certs and possibly those that don't have their 107 certs .

Govt pursestrings attached?
2019-3-7
Use props
Tibopix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4582054 ft
Canada

Great news
2019-3-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Sounds to good to be true.  There has to be a Gotcha.
2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good for all. Good luck .
2019-3-7
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

BobB  - Thanks for letting us all know about this, agree it is a bigger step than it sounds.  My MPP has it's night flying lighting already, one each red and green strobes to the front, white strobe on top, and one white strobe on it's belly.  I have a long way to go before I will feel knowledgeable enough to fly at night though.  Thanks again Bob.
2019-3-7
Use props
cutis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-7 17:07
Sounds to good to be true.  There has to be a Gotcha.

The money govt wants it
2019-3-8
Use props
PWidmayer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 558268 ft
United States

News report - PRO DRONE
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now