Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone chute?
1443 10 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

https://www.amazon.com/ParaZero- ... yment/dp/B07KS6XBVR

What do ya'll think?  Does it work like they say it does?  
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Christine96. Thank you for sharing this information with us today.  Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a 3rd party apps because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. Thanks for your understanding. Have a safe and happy flying.
2019-1-14
Use props
zappy54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 446900 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-14 15:17
Hello and good day Christine96. Thank you for sharing this information with us today.  Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend you to use a 3rd party apps because we are unable to ensure the compatibility and performance. Thanks for your understanding. Have a safe and happy flying.

DJI Stephen op not saying its a app its a safety parachute seem like a good idea to me and its coming soon for Mavic 2 thanks for sharing Christine96
2019-1-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think the chute is a good idea, and see them in the future acting as airbags for drones, likely to reduce the drone's impact to its colliding object. But airbags are really to prevent crashes during high altitude, hard too prevent damage from drones horizontally travelling and crashing. Drones that drop from the sky surely will benefit from having an airbag lessen the fall, and for that reason I generally believe the proper way to fly a drone is from flying higher altitudes rather than flying lower. The margin of error is reduced flying higher than lower, even though the law recommends flying no higher than 400 feet. I personally feel my drone is safest travelling at altitudes of no less than 200 feet up. You ever notice that standing on the ground you can notice your drone flying up 200-400 feet up, but think about this do you usually really ever notice bird traffic flying at altitudes that high as well? My Mavic Pro and Spark are certainly the same, if not smaller in size, than most birds the large size needed for a bird to disturb a Mavic Pro flying, or other DJI drones, high up in the air. I usually really ever notice these larger birds flying around 50-100 feet in the air, so I rarely really ever notice such birds flying 200-400 feet in the air, but I'm not saying these birds don't fly that high, I'm just saying I notice them mostly flying lower rather than higher.
2019-1-15
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

davidmartingraf Posted at 1-15 01:48
I think the chute is a good idea, and see them in the future acting as airbags for drones, likely to reduce the drone's impact to its colliding object. But airbags are really to prevent crashes during high altitude, hard too prevent damage from drones horizontally travelling and crashing. Drones that drop from the sky surely will benefit from having an airbag lessen the fall, and for that reason I generally believe the proper way to fly a drone is from flying higher altitudes rather than flying lower. The margin of error is reduced flying higher than lower, even though the law recommends flying no higher than 400 feet. I personally feel my drone is safest travelling at altitudes of no less than 200 feet up. You ever notice that standing on the ground you can notice your drone flying up 200-400 feet up, but think about this do you usually really ever notice bird traffic flying at altitudes that high as well? My Mavic Pro and Spark are certainly the same, if not smaller in size, than most birds the large size needed for a bird to disturb a Mavic Pro flying, or other DJI drones, high up in the air. I usually really ever notice these larger birds flying around 50-100 feet in the air, so I rarely really ever notice such birds flying 200-400 feet in the air, but I'm not saying these birds don't fly that high, I'm just saying I notice them mostly flying lower rather than higher.

Have to agree with You, David
2019-1-15
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

"Easy to Self-Repack and Reuse Multi use parachute. No need to send it back to us. You can easily repack it yourself and reuse the parachute in 5 minutes."

Not sure about that - did you see the pieces that it fired into the air when the parachute deployed? Unless they provide spares I doubt you'll be finding those again.

Overall it seems like a great idea. Sticking a massive parachute and battery on top of the Mavic's GPS sensor seems a slightly less clever idea, though. It'd be ideal for this to be integrated into the drone itself, and I'm sure we'll see such measures in the future.
2019-1-15
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Personally I thing good insurance that cover all probabilities, is probably much safer and foolproof. Interesting product though, looks like quality.
2019-1-15
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it's worth it, you just need to be careful around compatibility, it would be nice if DJI had some ones they have tested and approved for consumers to see. I imagine it might be possible to get better insurance deals when using them. I'm also sure i read somewhere that the FCC is considering approving flights with parachutes they would not approve otherwise, take that with a grain of salt though as i don't have the article i read on hand.
2019-1-15
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Ben Mason Posted at 1-15 04:45
I think it's worth it, you just need to be careful around compatibility, it would be nice if DJI had some ones they have tested and approved for consumers to see. I imagine it might be possible to get better insurance deals when using them. I'm also sure i read somewhere that the FCC is considering approving flights with parachutes they would not approve otherwise, take that with a grain of salt though as i don't have the article i read on hand.

I think the FCC has just removed restrictions flying over people and night flying.  I don't know if its just for part 107 or hobbies too.
2019-1-16
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Christine96 Posted at 1-16 18:31
I think the FCC has just removed restrictions flying over people and night flying.  I don't know if its just for part 107 or hobbies too.

Would that be this proposal for commercial flights ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46876937

Most likely so the WH can get its hamberders quicker ;-)
2019-1-17
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most birds fly below 500 feet except during migration. When migrating, however, birds often do climb to relatively great heights. Generally long-distance migrants seem to start out at about 5,000 feet and then progressively climb to around 20,000 feet. Vultures sometimes rise over 10,000 feet in order to scan larger areas for food. Stanford University research paper.

Google is your friend hahaha.
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules