After the Rain and range
399 9 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

After it rains and the ground is still a little wet, does anyone notice that there is more interference and less distance ? I have noticed this with my spark and also p3p. Maybe the water makes reflective signals bounce off the ground causing more interference which increases  Signal noise ?
Anyone noticed this ?
I would love to hear your input thanks.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Yes, you are correct with your conclusion especially with the sensor that is one of the weaknesses of the sensor any reflections/reflective and for the range, clouds may serve as interference as well.
2019-1-14
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 15:41
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Yes, you are correct with your conclusion especially with the sensor that is one of the weaknesses of the sensor any reflections/reflective and for the range, clouds may serve as interference as well.

Thank you DJI Gamora !!
2019-1-14
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-14 15:41
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Yes, you are correct with your conclusion especially with the sensor that is one of the weaknesses of the sensor any reflections/reflective and for the range, clouds may serve as interference as well.

Thank you DJI Gamora !!
2019-1-14
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

yes, its true about the reflection of the water i suggests that you wait until the area that you live or the are that you about to launch is dry because that same problem happen to my spark and it was going nuts.
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-14 19:25
Thank you DJI Gamora !!

Not a problem it's my pleasure to help you. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-1-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
United States

gmozo Posted at 1-14 20:43
yes, its true about the reflection of the water i suggests that you wait until the area that you live or the are that you about to launch is dry because that same problem happen to my spark and it was going nuts.

Thanks gmozo. I will definitely take that into consideration next time it rains. I’ve have very good results so far with my spark and with some precautions, I hope it stays that way. Thanks for your input.
2019-1-15
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

Interesting observation.  So you're saying that you notice more interference with just damp ground?  I can't see how that would affect the sensors unless maybe it's that after a storm the air is still very humid?  I think I've read that some have had issues flying in fog/clouds.  Maybe it's the water particles in the air that somehow desensitize the sensors?  
2019-1-15
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Water in the air does effect 2.4 and 5 gig range. Much above 5 gig, our atmosphere is opaque.
2019-1-16
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-15 20:13
Thanks gmozo. I will definitely take that into consideration next time it rains. I’ve have very good results so far with my spark and with some precautions, I hope it stays that way. Thanks for your input.

Always glad to help, your welcome
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules