any expectations on the future drones in DJI?
582 4 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

Hello, i just wanna talk about what kind of drone you guys are expecting to see in this year of 2019 please i would want to hear your opinion and why you want that to happen. i really want to see if they're gonne realase a dji p5 this year or next year hopefully.
2019-1-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Only DJI knows.  I wouldn't be surprised to see something in March or early April.
2019-1-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I’d be willing to bet it flies. Haha

RedHotPoker

2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we really admire you for being interested with DJI Product, with regards to that we don't have any information yet if there will be upcoming new DJI Product for this year. Just keep in touch on our website for further updates. Thanks!
2019-1-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Considering the move towards the Mavic style of folding AC ... I would assume that this will be the way they continue. Personally I'm happy with the Phantom design and its being heavier - allows for greater stability.

It was brought home to me quite starkly the difference when guy in our club with a Mavic was hovering close to my P3P. We were both videoing club car racing and the jump area. He aborted because his Mavic was having problems with the disturbed air my P3P created ... while my P3P remained rock steady. They were close and at similar height. Needless to say - he was not so happy.

Conclusion ? I think DJi will continue to support and develop its commercial side ... where sophisticated larger machines are involved - and I believe that is its key business. On the Hobby side - the Mavic style will take over.

With that thought - I wish for my P3P to continue on for significant period !! I have an order out for a budget foldable AC ... as a purely fun close in machine. I really cannot see myself spending out on a Mavic or Spark to replace my trusty Phantom. Sorry if this offends some - but to me - the foldable machine is not on my 'serious' list.
Its interesting that Quanum ... Syma and others have followed the Phantom style ... I agree that some have also copied the Mavic style ... or should we ask ... Who copied Who ?

I do wonder how much more DJI will invest in the Hobby side - with the bad press that's too often coming up. Makes no difference what model it is or even if there is any model at all involved ... the fact is that DJI Phantoms are too often pictured ...

Nigel
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules