Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New CrystalSky Updates?
12Next >
3560 63 2019-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8e0c8b59
First Officer
Australia

Hi all,

Does anyone know if DJI is still supporting the CrystalSky monitors?

I have the  HB 7.85" monitor and I noticed that the latest version of Go 4 is 4.3.4 on it where as the iPhone and the new DJI Smart Controllers are 4.3.10.
I'm waiting for a updated release where it actually shows the location name as opposed to  just "Map Loading" in flight records...  and perhaps add "Waypoints"...

Perhaps anyone knows if there's a way to install the DJI smart controller version onto CrystalSky since those controllers are basically a crystal sky monitor in a controller???

It seems like updates for crystal sky are rare and far between.

2019-1-14
Use props
bjr981s
Captain
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes,

Mine are the same.

The new Smart Controller is Android 7.1.2 The CrystalSky is Android 5.1.1

The CrystalSkys need a Major Firmware update.

And the DJI GO 4 apps need to be regularly updated.

I suspect but hope not that this version will shortly go end of life.

Cheers Brian

2019-1-15
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

DJI really need to pull their fingers out and reward the customers who supported them by purchasing the flagship monitor the Crystalsky.

Crystalsky should be first in software upgrades not months behind everyone else. There hasn't been a firmware update since last May.

DJI have taken a dump on Crystalsky owners from a high.   The unit feels unloved and unsupported and always last in line for any software updates.    Old Clunky and left out to ROT.

Ive certainly learnt my lesson buying from DJI.

Buying experience Crystalsky... Poor and a bad mistake...
2019-1-15
Use props
fans41f3800c
Captain
Flight distance : 529836 ft
  • >>>
United States

And DJI says once again.
2019-1-15
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Come on DJI, good screen, expensive monitors and customer support and loyalty deserve support and loyalty from DJI...
Bring CrustalSky up to date... android to version 7.1.2 and DJI Go 4 to 4.3.10...
2019-1-15
Use props
djiuser_39z4EvDDWWSV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1679767 ft
Taiwan

mAIRs Posted at 1-15 17:43
Come on DJI, good screen, expensive monitors and customer support and loyalty deserve support and loyalty from DJI...
Bring CrustalSky up to date... android to version 7.1.2 and DJI Go 4 to 4.3.10...

Buying experience Crystalsky... Poor and a bad mistake...
DJi please upgrade CS firmware and APP to newer version
2019-1-16
Use props
Bobcat90
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2517654 ft
  • >>>
Taiwan

Please, an update, DJI
2019-1-16
Use props
Wilfried Küter
Second Officer
Germany

Dear DJI people, I recently decided on a Crystalsky. That was a good decision despite the high purchase price. But at the moment I am feeling the second row. Why is there no decent update to a new Android version? It can not be that hard, right? Greeting Wilfried
2019-1-17
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I'm very happy with mine. After a year it was replaced with a new fresh unit. Been flying in the cold for a week and the monitor is bright and sharp. Probably the best single piece of hardware I ever bought from DJI. As for updates, who cares? They even added in monitor LUT as per my request.  Happy as ever.
2019-1-17
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-17 04:48
I'm very happy with mine. After a year it was replaced with a new fresh unit. Been flying in the cold for a week and the monitor is bright and sharp. Probably the best single piece of hardware I ever bought from DJI. As for updates, who cares? They even added in monitor LUT as per my request.  Happy as ever.

A lot of people care about updating our CS to the latest version.
Who wouldn't want all of the PROMISED (by DJI) features of the drone, bugs fixed and have it running as smooth as on the iPhone.
iPhone version is 4.3.10 where as CS is 4.3.4.... the locations in flight records are only written as "Map loading", not as smooth as the iPhone version, no waypoints, total hours added are not accurate and the last update turned off the fan from kicking on when the monitor heats up...  Honestly the only benefit of CS over the iPhone is the bright screen during bright day light.
Where are you on this DJI???
2019-1-17
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI, please update CrystalSky firmware, as well as all DJI apps on the CrystalSky.
2019-1-18
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

This thread really just about sums up how much love DJI have for the Crystalsky ..not even the auto answer thread Bots DJI Admins have bothered responding   
2019-1-18
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sky Donkey Posted at 1-18 11:20
This thread really just about sums up how much love DJI have for the Crystalsky ..not even the auto answer thread Bots DJI Admins have bothered responding

Yup very DISAPPOINTING DJI!!!... when it's time to get a new drone, I'm steering away from DJI... by than there will be drones from USA, Europe and Japan that will at least match DJI drones but have actual support for their products...
2019-1-18
Use props
lali
Flight distance : 728301 ft
China

dji  Doing things is not kind

1.PHANTOM 4 PRO V2.0 and mavic 2 Time to market is almost the same  former Some features are not

2. CrystalSkys Can't support google play  Version is not updated   The CrystalSkys need a Major Firmware update.  And the DJI GO 4 apps need to be regularly updated.

3. RONIN-S firmware Delayed Update (Bounce ticket serious)

Yup very DISAPPOINTING DJI!
2019-1-19
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Is there something in dji soft for CS, that prevents you from using it with your AC? If not, then the problem is not so sharp.
Some people still flying using dji go4 app of versions 4.2.15
2019-1-19
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-18 17:02
Yup very DISAPPOINTING DJI!!!... when it's time to get a new drone, I'm steering away from DJI... by than there will be drones from USA, Europe and Japan that will at least match DJI drones but have actual support for their products...

tell me please, WHAT alternative is there to DJI? They have 85 % of the prosumer market.
2019-1-19
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

a new Firmware update for Crystal Sky would be good
2019-1-19
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

nixuspix Posted at 1-19 06:54
Is there something in dji soft for CS, that prevents you from using it with your AC? If not, then the problem is not so sharp.
Some people still flying using dji go4 app of versions 4.2.15

Thats "some" people... most want upto date bug free stable software with advertised features... I don't think it's too much too ask... any way, lesson learned... don't trust "working on no plans available soon thanks for your patience" DJI...
2019-1-19
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-19 14:48
tell me please, WHAT alternative is there to DJI? They have 85 % of the prosumer market.

Right now not many, but there are other companies starting to come out with great drones and since I only bought my M2Z only a few months ago, by the time I'll be upgrading hopefully there will be great progress in the competition.
The hardware is awesome and works great with the iPhone... but not during sunny days outside when I can't see the image on the screen hence the CS purchase... basically I'm not ever going to buy DJI again unless they pull their finger out and start supporting their products and customers... makes me angry to have spend $1100 on a piece of hardware 2 months ago which is  rumored to be EOL!!! If I knew of this kind of treatment by DJI I wouldn't have purchased it... heck if I knew of this lack of support I probably wouldn't even own the M2Z.
2019-1-19
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-19 18:00
Right now not many, but there are other companies starting to come out with great drones and since I only bought my M2Z only a few months ago, by the time I'll be upgrading hopefully there will be great progress in the competition.
The hardware is awesome and works great with the iPhone... but not during sunny days outside when I can't see the image on the screen hence the CS purchase... basically I'm not ever going to buy DJI again unless they pull their finger out and start supporting their products and customers... makes me angry to have spend $1100 on a piece of hardware 2 months ago which is  rumored to be EOL!!! If I knew of this kind of treatment by DJI I wouldn't have purchased it... heck if I knew of this lack of support I probably wouldn't even own the M2Z.

I don't care about money just give me an alternative. No there isn't any.
2019-1-20
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-20 00:06
I don't care about money just give me an alternative. No there isn't any.

There aren't any yet.... I guess the fact that they basically have the monopoly on the UAV market is the reason why DJI treats their customers like expandable garbage...
Look, even here none of the admins is bothered to as much as to give their generic "no updates available now, but soon, check the web site for updates thanks for your patience" response...

I give up, I'll use what I have until it dies, crashes or becomes old and/or sell it as a kit... but as far as spending any more money with DJI in the future, that's a NO. Time to write my review and article...
2019-1-20
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-20 01:08
There aren't any yet.... I guess the fact that they basically have the monopoly on the UAV market is the reason why DJI treats their customers like expandable garbage...
Look, even here none of the admins is bothered to as much as to give their generic "no updates available now, but soon, check the web site for updates thanks for your patience" response...

thanks for the info. nice to know your future plans. not
2019-1-20
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-20 11:12
thanks for the info. nice to know your future plans. not

Than don't read them and go fly your Drone.
2019-1-20
Use props
Eduardo0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Sweflyer Posted at 1-17 04:48

+ 1
Wonderfully happy with mine.
Nevertheless, improvements by updates will be more than welcome.
2019-1-21
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

"Follow the money"...DJI has a group of developers...they can develop new products and sell them at a high profit...OR...they can put them to work on support and write updates...They have your money from your purchase...GOOD LUCK...NO concern for existing customers!!!
2019-1-21
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Eduardo0 Posted at 1-21 04:02
+ 1
Wonderfully happy with mine.
Nevertheless, improvements by updates will be more than welcome.

That's what I'm getting at, great hardware which needs software worked on to function at its full potential.
2019-1-21
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any news on a Crystal Sky update would be great.... Any idea if there is a planned  update soon?
2019-1-22
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-20 22:11
Than don't read them and go fly your Drone.

No its in the middle of the night. Going to bed. Cheers
2019-1-22
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-22 13:51
No its in the middle of the night. Going to bed. Cheers

thanks for the info. nice to know what you're doing. not
2019-1-22
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

JBSonic Posted at 1-22 05:21
Any news on a Crystal Sky update would be great.... Any idea if there is a planned  update soon?

If there is one in the works, I wouldn't be expecting it "soon"...
2019-1-22
Use props
Wilfried Küter
Second Officer
Germany

It is a pity that DJI does not comment on this topic at all. I feel quite abandoned on a high level with my Crystalsky, who already works decently. greetings from Hamburg
2019-1-23
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Wilfried Küter Posted at 1-23 01:22
It is a pity that DJI does not comment on this topic at all. I feel quite abandoned on a high level with my Crystalsky, who already works decently. greetings from Hamburg

They're trying to push that new controller so they're going to put all of their attention to promoting that temporary "fad"...
The CrystalSky is still being sold so surely updates and fixes have to be released for it... but not before the smart controlled fad is over due to novelty wearing out or lack of sales in high numbers due to the uncertainty of its future drone compatibility, price or combo of both.
Maybe either DJI releases a update that unlocks the CS for generic android installs or someone comes up with a crack to root the CS and we just use the android APKs on it... definitely people working on it.
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-22 18:05
thanks for the info. nice to know what you're doing. not

Can I add you as a friend? You seem so cool
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-23 01:48
They're trying to push that new controller so they're going to put all of their attention to promoting that temporary "fad"...
The CrystalSky is still being sold so surely updates and fixes have to be released for it... but not before the smart controlled fad is over due to novelty wearing out or lack of sales in high numbers due to the uncertainty of its future drone compatibility, price or combo of both.
Maybe either DJI releases a update that unlocks the CS for generic android installs or someone comes up with a crack to root the CS and we just use the android APKs on it... definitely people working on it.

Its possible to root the CrystalSky if you care to search the web. Would take a medium technically skilled person half a day or so and of course voids any warranty on the unit. Good luck with your endeavors.
2019-1-23
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-23 03:37
Can I add you as a friend? You seem so cool

wrong kind of forum...
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-23 05:49
wrong kind of forum...

2019-1-23
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-23 06:49
[view_image]

Obviously you didn't get the joke...
2019-1-23
Use props
Sweflyer
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

mAIRs Posted at 1-23 07:09
Obviously you didn't get the joke...

Well lvl.2 good luck with everything now.
Say hi to grumpy cat from me.
2019-1-23
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-23 09:07
Well lvl.2 good luck with everything now.
Say hi to grumpy cat from me. [view_image]

Grumpy cat?? if you're going to play into some "hip with the times" BS, at least post a meme thats more recent.... "Captain"
2019-1-24
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Sweflyer Posted at 1-23 03:45
Its possible to root the CrystalSky if you care to search the web. Would take a medium technically skilled person half a day or so and of course voids any warranty on the unit. Good luck with your endeavors.

Dude, you're one to talk... you can't even do a simple factory reset without bricking you CS... BTW, I did do a factory reset and it was and IS still working!
2019-1-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules