Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hello,

recently 3 of my batteries developed cracks in their housings (red circle on attached images). Any idea why? There were several flights at about 2 degrees celsius and moderate wind.

As it is only the top part of the housing, can the upper part of the housing or the housing of the battery be purchased separately?
DJI battery 2.jpg
DJI battery 3.jpg
DJI battery 1.jpg
2019-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

If they were purchased less than 6 months ago, I would return them.
2019-1-15
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

ALABAMA Posted at 1-15 05:08
If they were purchased less than 6 months ago, I would return them.

No, they are over one year now
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble. If there are cracks on battery lock or battery compartment lock, it is not safe to fly the aircraft. Please send it back for replacement or you will need to purchase a new one. Should you have further concern, please let us know. Thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-20
Use props
Ph65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 314199 ft
United States

DJI, would you consider this an inferior product?   I have the same issues.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D386%26typeid%3D386

2019-1-22
Use props
Jim Watkins
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I own 6 of these batteries and all but one have developed cracks, several in the same locations shown in your pictures.  I repair mine using 15 minute epoxy and it seems to work pretty well.  But, I think most would agree that at $175.00 per battery, this is not acceptable.  DJI does NOT make this part available.  Crap like that is going to hurt their reputation.

--Jim
(Burbank, CA)
2019-1-22
Use props
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
  • >>>
Croatia

Jim Watkins Posted at 1-22 20:06
I own 6 of these batteries and all but one have developed cracks, several in the same locations shown in your pictures.  I repair mine using 15 minute epoxy and it seems to work pretty well.  But, I think most would agree that at $175.00 per battery, this is not acceptable.  DJI does NOT make this part available.  Crap like that is going to hurt their reputation.

--Jim

Jim, that's what I plan to do.

But I'm allways astound what unbelivable electronics DJI makes and how little they care about their customers and what ... plastic parts they use.

It's probably the amount of mm of plastic thicknes they try to save just to get a cheaper product.
2019-1-23
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

It's not good product support.  I wonder if the batteries are actua;;y manufactured by DJI or by a third party ?
2019-1-24
Use props
MaNaPH4
lvl.1

Canada

I have also some cracks on almost all my batteries. Batteries are less than a year, very little used, stored them appropriately. Very disappointed!
2019-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules