Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie Mavic 2 Zoom update problem
1114 8 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2632073 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Just bought a Mavic 2 Zoom with Fly More Kit.
All is well, except i can't get it to update to the latest 1.00.0200 firmware.
I have an android Samsung Note 8 with the latest DJI 4 app loaded - I have tried sooooo many times to update but each time it tells me there's a netwrok error (there isn't)
I've looked on YouiTube for tips & tricks, tried them all to no avail.

Also loaded DJI Assistant 2 onto a PC with Wi 8.1 - when I plug the Mavic in it simply isn't recognised (keep on getting the please plug in your USB device animation).
I've tried a different PC and loads of different USB C cables.

The fly zone database all updated OK & I think the controller did too

All a bit frustrating....

Don't suppose anyone has any helpful advices?

Cheers

Dave
2019-1-15
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

I would probably start by un installing and then re installing DJI Assistant 2.
2019-1-15
Use props
FlyingD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the advice Charissa.
2019-1-15
Use props
FlyingD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I however have already reinstalled several different versions of DJI Assistant.
The one unusual thing I do notice however is that the Windows Shield is incorporated into the desktop icon for DJI Assistant.
I've just Googled & found this info:
"This happens when the program you have installed is from a unknown source (not trusted source) or if the program is trying to make any unauthorized  changes to your computer. I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps."
Maybe it's a Windows 8.1 security issue?
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, I would recommend giving a try to disable the Driver Signature Verification on your after you disabled it try to reinstall the software.
2019-1-15
Use props
FlyingD
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-15 09:52
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, I would recommend giving a try to disable the Driver Signature Verification on your after you disabled it try to reinstall the software.

Hi,
Just seen your message.
A short while ago I installed DJI Assistant on a Windows 10 PC and all worked fine - looks like DJI Assistant  doesn't like Windows 8.1.....
Thanks for your response
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

FlyingD Posted at 1-15 12:50
Hi,
Just seen your message.
A short while ago I installed DJI Assistant on a Windows 10 PC and all worked fine - looks like DJI Assistant  doesn't like Windows 8.1.....

Nice to hear that it work on the Windows 10, with regards to windows 8.1 make sure you disable the Driver Signature Enforcement before installing the DJI Assistant 2.
2019-1-15
Use props
fans19361ca2
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-15 12:58
Nice to hear that it work on the Windows 10, with regards to windows 8.1 make sure you disable the Driver Signature Enforcement before installing the DJI Assistant 2.

I'm having trouble updating the firmware as well, but I have certain restraints on the ways I can attempt this.  Our drone is owned by our organization and is only to be used for training or mission purposes.  Also, we are not willing to connect our drone or the crystal sky to a pc at the organization, because of the nature of DJI's software and our need to keep information private.  Therefore, I need to be able to get DJI Assistant 2 (because that seems to be working for people and DJI Go 4.0 is currently not working) on the Crystal Sky without connecting it to a pc. Is there any way to accomplish this?
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans19361ca2 Posted at 1-16 01:32
I'm having trouble updating the firmware as well, but I have certain restraints on the ways I can attempt this.  Our drone is owned by our organization and is only to be used for training or mission purposes.  Also, we are not willing to connect our drone or the crystal sky to a pc at the organization, because of the nature of DJI's software and our need to keep information private.  Therefore, I need to be able to get DJI Assistant 2 (because that seems to be working for people and DJI Go 4.0 is currently not working) on the Crystal Sky without connecting it to a pc. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to that, the only way to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 on PC or DJI GO 4 app from the mobile device.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules