Need Pantom 4 Pro V2.0 buying advice.
1167 12 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi all. I have a Mavic 2 Pro and happy with it for still images but after reading reviews and watching many videos I think the Phantom is better for video. Regardless I ordered a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and it's due to be delivered tomorrow. After ordering I came across post where many owners complained about drift probelms while hovering. I have even read a couple of post that said theirs just dropped out of the sky! Some were having issues after the latest firmware update too. Question is how widespread are these issues? I can return mine unopened and would prefer doing so if the Pro 4 V.20 is a known problem child. Anyway all thoughts, advice and experiences would be much appreciated. Thanks

2019-1-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Don't pay attention to all the horror stories you read on here.  It's a very good product that you will enjoy.
2019-1-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Be sure to perform all calibrations and you will be fine
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble, With regards to that actually it will be a case to case basis and It will depend on the Pilot how they use the Aircraft. If ever you have any concern or question feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-1-15
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 1-15 06:55
Don't pay attention to all the horror stories you read on here.  It's a very good product that you will enjoy.

Mine rotates counter clockwise while hovering and drifts while flying forward, I've tried everything to resolve this with no success. The issue is much deeper than calibration or pilot error. Never lost connection though, I can say that. I still believe the V2 is a good product, even with these issues.
2019-1-15
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 1-15 07:50
Be sure to perform all calibrations and you will be fine

Why.  It works fine right out of the box, why upset the apple-cart.
2019-1-15
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

The V2 of my 4 friends is all showing this error. It cannot be photographed with him at night because it is drifting and rotating.
2019-1-15
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Hungary

We've done all the calibration for 1000x but it doesn't help.
2019-1-15
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Hungary

Nonsense. Don't buy it.
2019-1-15
Use props
1Eagle
lvl.4
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

You really will hear all of the problems on these forums and very little praise.
Don't let the horror stories scare you. Every machine model created by man has it's lemons.
I have been flying my V2 for over 6 months, (granted that's not long), with no problems at all.
I do all of the updates as they are released.

The only time I had an issue was when my bird would yaw left while hovering.
I was over top of a powerhouse. LOL
Yeah, the electromagnetic turbines can cause your compass to go wonky. Ha Ha.
Lesson learned.

All in all the P4P V2 is an amazing machine and you should have many years of excellent flights.
I'm a little sketched about the P4P plus though. Software stuff.
I like my CrystalSky 7.85 display. Excellent in sunny conditions. And it runs lots of other programs.
You can read about those in many threads.
Good Luck and happy flights.
2019-1-15
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone for your input and opinions. I will give it a shot. Hell I will return it if bad or exchange it. Read a few horror stories about the MP2 as well and mine works great. Even ordered an extra battery for it the Phantom. I will calibrate and update when and where DJi recommends. Just like I did with the MP2. Almost bought the M2 Zoom to go with my Pro so I hope the Phantom was the right decision. Dont get me wrong the Pro video quality isn't bad and stills are great however I just like what I have seen better with the Phantom when it comes to video. We shall see. I will let everyone know how it goes when I get it in the air.
2019-1-15
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I never had any issue with mine at all. I did crash and total it a couple of weeks ago, but that was pilot error. No drifting, no issues with firmware updates, etc.

I was flying an orbit around a building with trees and there are no side collision sensors on the mode I was flying and I didn't realize I was as low as I was on the back side and hit a limb and came down from 87'.
2019-1-16
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

TheLazyC Posted at 1-16 14:33
I never had any issue with mine at all. I did crash and total it a couple of weeks ago, but that was pilot error. No drifting, no issues with firmware updates, etc.

I was flying an orbit around a building with trees and there are no side collision sensors on the mode I was flying and I didn't realize I was as low as I was on the back side and hit a limb and came down from 87'.

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about the crash.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules