Constant compass error after rain (
1480 19 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

Hey. My drone happened to be the next - my drone flew in the rain when returning to the take-off point (the rain is not heavy). At home I removed the battery and the top cover and dried it on the battery(the battery is central heating in the apartment). Today, when I take off, he began to constantly show a compass error and go into atti mode. Compasses calibrated - the problem does not disappear. Help me. What to do to remove the error?
sorry for my English...
2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’d suggest you go to an open area free of any magnetic interference and preform a calibration, after calibration check the compass values in your app, they should show as small green marks to show good compass, if you continue to get error you may need to return , but opening the Mavic may just void your warranty.

Compass distances.

Natural and Artificial Magnetic Anomalies Warning
Note
The following information has not been objectively tested to determine it’s impact on a Drones compass accuracy in flight.
        1        Many things can distort the earth’s magnetic field in the area you are flying:
        •        Steel framed or reinforced concrete buildings, bridges and roadways, iron pipes and culverts, high power electric lines, heavy equipment, trucks and automobiles, steel tanks, electric motors and even computers.
        •        Flying between steel framed or reinforced high rise buildings will distort the magnetic field in addition to causing GPS multi-pathing.
        2        Safe distances for compass calibration
        •        6” (15 cm) minimum: Metal rim glasses, pen/pencil, metal watch band, pocket knife, metal zipper/buttons, belt buckle, batteries, binoculars, cell phone, keys, camera, camcorder, survey nails, metal tape measure.
        •        18” (50 cm) minimum: Clipboard, data collector, computer, GPS antenna, 2-way radio, hand gun, hatchet, cell phone case with magnetic closure.
        •        6 ft (2 m) minimum: Bicycle, fire hydrant, road signs, sewer cap or drain, steel pole, ATV, guy wire, magnets, chain-link fence, bar-wire fence, data collectors
that use a magnet to hold the stylus.
        •        15 ft (5 m) minimum: Electrical box, small car/truck, powerline, building with concrete & steel.
        •        30 ft (10 m) minimum: Large truck, metal building, heavy machinery.
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble like @Hallmark007 says yes you need to calibrate the compass away from any interference to make sure it will be calibrated successfully. And as you mention as well that you drone flew in the rain if you please, monitor, if there's any additional issue for the reason if yes it would better to send it into the facility for further checking.
2019-1-15
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-15 09:54
I’d suggest you go to an open area free of any magnetic interference and preform a calibration, after calibration check the compass values in your app, they should show as small green marks to show good compass, if you continue to get error you may need to return , but opening the Mavic may just void your warranty.

Compass distances.

Compass interference in the red zone. After compass calibration, interference in the red zone. Calibration does not help.
2019-1-16
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-15 10:30
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble like @Hallmark007 says yes you need to calibrate the compass away from any interference to make sure it will be calibrated successfully. And as you mention as well that you drone flew in the rain if you please, monitor, if there's any additional issue for the reason if yes it would better to send it into the facility for further checking.

the rain was weak and transient. I do not think that water could damage something (I immediately dried the drone)
2019-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Ron_San Posted at 1-16 09:42
Compass interference in the red zone. After compass calibration, interference in the red zone. Calibration does not help.

Then you may need to ship back for repair, Red is not good.
2019-1-16
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Ron_San Posted at 1-16 09:44
the rain was weak and transient. I do not think that water could damage something (I immediately dried the drone)

Well, it showes that it can. I would suggest to send it in for repair. You dont want it to fly away/drop out of the sky right?
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ron_San Posted at 1-16 09:44

Ok, I understand you about that, just keep monitoring the Aircraft if there's some unusual behavior or happening.
2019-1-16
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-16 09:53
Then you may need to ship back for repair, Red is not good.

There is no possibility to send for repair. need to solve the problem on their own
2019-1-18
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

GhostWolf010 Posted at 1-16 09:54
Well, it showes that it can. I would suggest to send it in for repair. You dont want it to fly away/drop out of the sky right?

I do not want. but I cannot send it for repair. no such opportunity
2019-1-18
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-16 10:16
Ok, I understand you about that, just keep monitoring the Aircraft if there's some unusual behavior or happening.

drone always goes into atti mode. It is very strange
2019-1-18
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

Ron_San Posted at 1-18 09:10
I do not want. but I cannot send it for repair. no such opportunity

May i ask why? There are repair centre's or places to send them nearly everywhere?
But if so, i guess you will have to open the drone, and check all the components for (water) damage
2019-1-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

If u took top cover off i guarantee the gps plug is not connected correctly or isnt plugged in all the way. I had same problem after doing a repair....took top cover off and it was barely plugged in...plugged it in and compass issues went away
2019-1-18
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

GhostWolf010 Posted at 1-18 09:17
May i ask why? There are repair centre's or places to send them nearly everywhere?
But if so, i guess you will have to open the drone, and check all the components for (water) damage

I already took apart the drone - I changed the upper part of the case. Protective seals are torn off - I have no warranty. I checked - there is no water and moisture in the drone.
2019-1-21
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

$gambino$ Posted at 1-18 11:25
If u took top cover off i guarantee the gps plug is not connected correctly or isnt plugged in all the way. I had same problem after doing a repair....took top cover off and it was barely plugged in...plugged it in and compass issues went away

I'll check tomorrow. it's too late today
2019-1-21
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Update? .....
2019-1-22
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

I checked. the connector was tightly connected
2019-1-29
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

No. The latest software is installed.
2019-1-29
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

The problem was in the magnetization of the main compass. I unscrewed the screws with a magnetic screwdriver (screws near the main compass). Magnetized compass. In the service I was demagnetized compass special device. And everything became good, the problem disappeared.
2019-1-29
Use props
Ron_San
lvl.1

Russia

This device is called a CFixer
2019-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules