Tello and FPV?
1421 2 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dbyantis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71280 ft
United States

Is there a way to fly FPV with the Tello? Is the video transmission DJI proprietary? I own FatSharks and DJI white goggles (for my Mavic).

Regards,
Dave
2019-1-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I slapped a tiny 5.8GHz analog camera I took off one of my Whoops and tapped it along with a small battery outside underneath my Mr. Tello. I don't think the Tello makes a good indoor FPV candidate, dissimilar to how good Tiny Whoops are indoors.

This has to do with the Tello being rather too powerful with its propulsion system, which generates too much drift flying in close indoor quarters, not to mention its WIFI  seems to disconnect frequently. If DJI improves the remote system on Mr. Tello, making him fly with way more precision and control indoors, potentially including some type of obstacle avoidance and visioning positioning system all integrated, making it practically crash proof indoors, as well as attaching to it a better camera that will have reduced video lag, or perhaps otherwise you can attach an analog camera idea to the finished product, all of which are likely to inflate Mr. Tello's cost at least more than double what its current price sells  for, however you'd have more than a doubly impressive finished product?

I think 2019 is going to be the year that we see a significant improvement in performance and capability of indoor drones. If you think about how much progress has been made with outdoor GPS flying drones, sooner or later you'd see a slow year, and 2019 quite possibly could be a lull year for outdoor drones, where manufacturers such as DJI probably may be forecasting its supply/demand to shift over to the indoor market, hence we could see this year have a markedly improved offering of indoor drones, possibly performing some similarly impressive capability to their outdoor bigger brothers?

What do you think?
2019-1-15
Use props
dbyantis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71280 ft
United States

I started last year with the whoop class drones for indoor flying, still learning. I see lots of fun for racing,etc. Plus less bad press.
2019-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules