Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air Issue
992 12 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
carlesrgm
lvl.1

Australia

Hello team, Im Carles, living in Australia and flying my Mavic Air. Yesterday I was flying and all was good. One popup in red just go up in my screen:

·Processor chip critically overheated. The aircraft will power off in 30 seconds.

I get crazy. Lucky me was in the middle of nothing and i didnt have problem to land easy and fast. I read about that issue alot and the best option is to send the drone to check in DJI Support.

2019-1-15
Use props
carlesrgm
lvl.1

Australia

my case number: CAS-2661760-S0Q1F4
2019-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

carlesrgm Posted at 1-15 15:19
my case number: CAS-2661760-S0Q1F4

Yeah sounds serious hopefully you get sorted soon.
2019-1-15
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

Can you tell us what the drone was doing? Fly mode? Camera settings?  Sport mode? Payload? windy? Ambient light? Sensor settings? Anything else?
2019-1-15
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

Take a can of compressed air and blow out the air intakes and outtakes
2019-1-15
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Agree with the above. I would first see if any of the areas is blocked. Could be the fan not spinning and cooling down the drone. If all else fails, I would then send it in. (that is just me, others might dis agree.....)
2019-1-16
Use props
carlesrgm
lvl.1

Australia

The message keep in my drone. I just sended to DJI in Australia and hope is nothing. Thanks for your message guys. I keep updating this post!

No crash, No wind, nothing.
2019-1-17
Use props
Rcplanedude
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117900 ft
United States

My Mavic did the same thing I just took it back to the store and got a new one from what I understand the fan gets easily clogged with debris and stops working. Was your fan coming on?
2019-1-18
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, most likely a bad CPU fan.
2019-1-18
Use props
carlesrgm
lvl.1

Australia

Rcplanedude Posted at 1-18 09:03
My Mavic did the same thing I just took it back to the store and got a new one from what I understand the fan gets easily clogged with debris and stops working. Was your fan coming on?

I cheked alot of times and didn't come up. Just waiting about DJI Support
2019-1-19
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Hope they get ya fixed up soon
2019-1-19
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

This is one of the main reasons that I never purchased a Mavic Air. Too many complaints about the cooling fan and overheating chips have scared me away.

Maybe a design flaw but dji should address this weakness as apart from the people who complain about the prop noise this is  a common issue
2019-1-19
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

Boffin Posted at 1-19 06:15
This is one of the main reasons that I never purchased a Mavic Air. Too many complaints about the cooling fan and overheating chips have scared me away.

Maybe a design flaw but dji should address this weakness as apart from the people who complain about the prop noise this is  a common issue

mine's fine. just got back from croatia, iceland, italy.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules