Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unfortunately my Sparky has to go:(This one was in Mavic section:(
493 10 2019-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all
I just wanted to share this with you guys.
So I have fallen on very harsh times economically, I’m not able to find a job for a month and a half now. Have many job interviews but somehow I’m just being terribly unlucky so far
Well because of that I wasn’t been able to pay the rent for my room this month. So to my very big disappointment, I have to sell my Sparky2 so that I can pay for the room and don’t end up on the street
I’m also selling the yuneec q500, but that’s big drone and so far nobody wants to buy it even very cheap, plus I wanted to sell it anyway.
The Spark on the other hand is super popular and in 2 days I have it sold. Well at least I still have my Mavic Pro. And I really hope to find a job soon so that I don’t have to sell the Mavic Pro also. That would be just devastating for me! It is devastating enough already that I have to sell my dear and loved Sparky2.
People were saying that when you get the Mavic Pro you will forget about the Spark. Well no, I always fly them both. They are two brothers and it breaks my heart to separate them, but that’s life and there is nothing else unfortunately that I can do
I’m sorry if this post molested someone, that was not the intent. I just wanted to share this with you guys as I spend a lot of time here and in general drones are a big part of my life now and they are always going to be now.

My Sparky2 gave me -35 hours 7 minutes of flight time - 452294 meters - 231 flights

I posted this first on the Spark section, but then I though that I am an active user of both sections, the Spark and the Mavic Pro.
I regularly submit pics and videos and I help out other drone pilots. So I hope it’s ok that I double post here in the Mavic Pro section also.

The other thread if someone is interested https://forum.dji.com/thread-177975-1-1.html

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Wow, Alex. I am really sorry to hear about your situation. It breaks my heart to read your post. I’m sure a smart guy like yourself will find employment soon Never give up. When you get back on your feet, please come back because you have been a great help for many here.
2019-1-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry about your situation. I FEEL your pain as I am a US government worker and currently required to show up to work but NOT being paid. Many of my coworkers are falling behind on their bills and being forced to choose between food and paying debts. Since I have the promise of being paid later your situation seems more dire, but I sympathize with you being without work and without a paycheck. I sincerely hope your employment status turns around soon. GOOD LUCK.
2019-1-15
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Sayhelloforme Posted at 1-15 20:36
Wow, Alex. I am really sorry to hear about your situation. It breaks my heart to read your post. I’m sure a smart guy like yourself will find employment soon Never give up. When you get back on your feet, please come back because you have been a great help for many here.

Thank you for the support Sayhelloforme!
I’m not going anywhere, I’m staying
It will be my pleasure to continue helping out other drone pilots and to continue sharing my work!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-16
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

Bing Err Posted at 1-15 22:01
Sorry about your situation. I FEEL your pain as I am a US government worker and currently required to show up to work but NOT being paid. Many of my coworkers are falling behind on their bills and being forced to choose between food and paying debts. Since I have the promise of being paid later your situation seems more dire, but I sympathize with you being without work and without a paycheck. I sincerely hope your employment status turns around soon. GOOD LUCK.

Thank you very much Bing Err! Very kind of you!
I also hope that your situation improves over there and you finally get paid!!!

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-16
Use props
Alex B.
Captain

Spain

So the moderators have decided to move this post to the Spark section. Well ok, but I also own the Mavic Pro and it is mentioned in this post.
It’s just that I wanted to share this with more people here in the community, but DJI doesn’t see it this way, and has decided to limit this messages exposure to just the Spark section
Why did you do it DJI? I can’t share with the community? DJI, I know you have billions of euros but please you could be nicer to poor folks like me, being rich doesn’t give you the right to limit freedom of speech I think.

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-16
Use props
darkfull1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Thats really too bad I hope you'll find a job soon and you will be able to get a new spark (or maybe even this one back). I hope your spark found a good new owner that will enjoy it as much as you did. I'v been looking for a job too I'm not in a situation as desperate as your but I can understand the frustration.
2019-1-16
Use props
ssylca44
Captain
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

I am sorry for your situation Alex. Sincerely from Canada
2019-1-16
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to hear about your situation Alex, hopefully you get a job soon, never give up and good luck buddy!
2019-1-16
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

Sorry - so sad!  I will be praying for you Alex.  Is there any gov. assistance available to you to help through these tough times?
2019-1-16
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Alas. I know how that is.

Good luck on the job hunt.

Finding jobs used to be easy for me as I was seen as a "wunderkint." Now I'm a 60-year-old autistic brat.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules