Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Official DJI ND16 filter just CRACKS???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kwartas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2662149 ft
South Africa

I have cleaned MANY filters over the years. Now, after having this filter for quite some time (and having cleaned it carefully every time), it snaps in half?!
It's always been in a protective cover, inside my drone bag, with NO OTHER objects close to it that can damage the glass. I've also not crashed the quad with the filter on before.

I'm concerned about the general quality of these DJI filters. The 'generic see-through filter' that comes standard with all cameras on DJI drones, I also had a problem with - the whole glass lens cover of the filter came clean off (during cleaning with soft cloth). It wasn't glued on properly - so I had to glue it on again (messy business, fine work involved). Don't know if I want to purchase the same ones again.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Other suggestions for quality ND filters for Phantom 4 Pro?

TIA
DJI ND16.jpg
2019-1-15
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.4
United States

I know having removed one, it is very very thin.  I doubt much pressure was needed to split it.  I have other aftermarket filters mostly.  Polar Pro and so on.  But, I clean very carefully.  Mostly with a soft brush, not cloth.
2019-1-16
Use props
Kwartas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2662149 ft
South Africa

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 1-16 15:44
I know having removed one, it is very very thin.  I doubt much pressure was needed to split it.  I have other aftermarket filters mostly.  Polar Pro and so on.  But, I clean very carefully.  Mostly with a soft brush, not cloth.

Like mentioned, have used same technique numerous times - no problem. Can't remove 'oily' fingerprints with a brush though...
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules