Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Temporary mounting options.
1813 23 2019-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

While I'm waiting for the OP expansion kit to become available at a suitable swedish dealer, I thought I'd try to come up with a temporary mounting solution (mainly for shooting timelapse/motionlapse. I have this little mini tripod + phone holder that I pretty much never use. Thought it might come in handy now. I've only made a couple of quick tests, but so far it seems to work quite well.

OP_01.jpg
OP_02.jpg
OP_03.jpg
2019-1-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

There are many means to attach the Pocket, while we wait for sale outside the US store. I went with a 3D printed mount.
Ironically, I live in Bangkok Thailand, a 2.5 hour flight from DJI itself!
Given that the DJI mount won't accommodate the wireless adaptor, this might just become my go-to mount.

IMG_7806.jpg
2019-1-16
Use props
edwardyyy
lvl.4
Hong Kong

mount it directly

2019-1-16
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

... do simple things simple

Good idea!   .... do simple things simple ...
2019-1-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah this works very well for me also.
2019-1-16
Use props
BigStuart
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 1-16 03:46
There are many means to attach the Pocket, while we wait for sale outside the US store. I went with a 3D printed mount.
Ironically, I live in Bangkok Thailand, a 2.5 hour flight from DJI itself!
Given that the DJI mount won't accommodate the wireless adaptor, this might just become my go-to mount.

The DJI mount works perfectly with the wireless adapter. Almost like they were made for each other!
2019-1-16
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164685 ft
Germany

Manfrotto 323 works great too
2019-1-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there thank you for sharing those creative ideas, well done. Cheers!
2019-1-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

BigStuart Posted at 1-16 06:49
The DJI mount works perfectly with the wireless adapter. Almost like they were made for each other!

Others, with the mount, have stated otherwise. Can you post a photo of it working perfectly?
There are photos posted with mounting options. None of them show the mounting adaptor and wireless module.
2019-1-16
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 1-16 14:34
Others, with the mount, have stated otherwise. Can you post a photo of it working perfectly?
There are photos posted with mounting options. None of them show the mounting adaptor and wireless module.

opo with wifi and bracket
2019-1-17
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

edeone Posted at 1-17 02:01
opo with wifi and bracket
[view_image]

Interesting that so many seem to have a problem.
2019-1-17
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 1-17 02:12
Interesting that so many seem to have a problem.

I do not know why. It is not necessary to use the dji mount, the opo holds super firmly in the manfrotto mount.
Nothing wobbles, even standing upside down.
2019-1-17
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Personally, I'm not to comfortable using a mount that relies on pressure to hold the unit. I assume it's plastic.
2019-1-17
Use props
edeone
lvl.4
Germany

Curt1591 Posted at 1-17 03:37
Personally, I'm not to comfortable using a mount that relies on pressure to hold the unit. I assume it's plastic.

It is not too much pressure on the plastic housing, is curiously enough as much pressure as necessary. It's like done for each other.
2019-1-17
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

edeone Posted at 1-16 07:27
Manfrotto 323 works great too[view_image]

This is my mount. I will try..thanks
2019-1-17
Use props
CasualDronePilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

It's really interesting to see all the creative ways to mount the OP.
2019-1-17
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

I found a simple solution by using a Super Clamp. It allows me to connect the OP to any tripod.
2019-1-28
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-29
Use props
zoom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 97402 ft
  • >>>
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 1-29 00:02
Sorry mate but you keep posting that solution of yours in every available thread like it is something revolutionary...
A Skyreat dedicated OP mount costs 12.99$ vs 10$ for that DYI not portable thing (not to mention the aesthetics).

Ive got a skyreat mount about to arrive until then I like the second option
2019-1-29
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I have been looking for a go pro mount with an integrated Arca Swiss mount but I cannot seem to find one.  This would be an easy solution to use with the accessory mount.  I don't want to remove my tripod head since I will mostly be using this with my RRS table top tripod and I used loctite to attach the head and it would be a pain to remove it.  I use this tripod with my A7RIII often secure attachments are a priority. Maybe my google skills are lacking but I cannot seem to find an integrated mount.  Seems like this should be easy to find.,
2019-1-29
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-30
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

1/4 x 20 Adaptor
adaptor.jpg
2019-1-30
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

Thanks.  I think the issue with the gopro mount option is going to be lack of clearance resulting in not being able to keep the OP level. Since I will mostly be using this with a table top tripod, I don't want to risk any weight not being centered over the tripod and increasing the risk of it falling over.
2019-1-30
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
United States

I also have a tripod head with a screw clamp.  I am going to buy some high density foam tape to put on the sides of the wireless module to limit the possibility of over tightening and cracking the module. In theory I think this will work better than the go-pro mount solution and it will be less parts to have to carry around.
2019-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules